Work Status: US Citizen, Active Secret Clearance (recent reinvestigation) Degree: Computer Systems Management (Master of Science, May1998, University of MD) Industry Certificates: Network+, Security+ (received); A+, Microsoft MCITP Win 7 (exams pending) Training Certificates: Microsoft MCP, Cisco CCNA, Microsoft MCDST prep, Information Assurance Job Desired: Project Technical Team, Computer Analyst, or Help Desk (Tier1, Tier2, Tier3)
SUMMARY EXPERIENCE: Over 10 years Customer Service technical supports to Government, Military, Private firms, and Support Teams. Clients include: NASA, Department of Defense, Department of Homeland Security, Verizon, and Honeywell.
TECHNICAL CONSULTANT, DC/MD/VA Jul2002-Jan2012
- Help Desk / NOC:
- Do phone, deskside, walk-in, email, and remote supports. Includes: Outlook mail, MS Office, Blackberry
- Create resolve incident tickets. Make domain registry changes, and some voice mail resets.
- Configure network/local printers, Microsoft Exchange server, mailboxes, USB mapping
- Set up PC refresh deployment hw/sw. Backup restore data. Install remove hard drives.
- Install air cards, VPN, and PolyCom VTC on laptops. Enable wireless/VPN adapters and USB ports.
- Verify/install SMS client agent services, set remote connections, update group policy (light).
- Image PCs wipe drives. Run Windows XP SMS reports to verify software list with Customers and Teams.
- Verifications include: DVD drive, Visio viewer, IBM Lotus Form Viewer installation, Symantec Antivirus
- Configure Ethernet Fiberoptic cables, transceivers, IP addresses, network printers. Submit MAC ids.
- Light training: Circuit voice support, safe inventory, HP OpenView Citrix server monitoring
- Ticket systems: Remedy, Numara Footprints, HEAT, Jira, Peregrine, AOTS
- Phone systems: Cisco IP Phone, Avaya, Aspect
- Active Directory: Reset passwords, unlock accounts, modify PC/Customer info, and verify smart card.
- SafeNet/Safeboot/PGP: Reset soft tokens and add/synch customers and passwords to computers.
- RSA Token Admin: Verify and activate hard token key FOBs, and verify OWA/VPN memberships.
- Active Client: Use reinstall to process CAC card certificates.
- Blackberry Desktop Manager BES: Blackberry configuration and provisioning
- Testing / Other Technical Support
- Test web access and applications. Walk customers thru functionality.
- Test hardware, software, and network. Do light fluke tests. Do Access/SQL transaction analysis.
- Provide recommendation for closing incident reports. Attend meetings with test operations reps.
- Use FTP to transfer processed logs and incident reports via FileZilla.
- Test new software requirements (light) of law enforcement, investigations, judicial actions, and corrections.
- Scan hardware inventory at client sites, then merge team data in Excel. Use verify Visio facility diagrams.
- Database entry verification: Microsoft Access, Customer Proprietary, Membership, Archive, Registration
- Technical Writing / Reports: Manage SharePoint content: check out files, edit, and check back in. Modify spreadsheets, PC deployment Excel schedules, matrices, and imaging request forms. Submit status reports.Provide input for procedures documents. Audit daily Business Objects raw session logs and web logs.
- Admin Support: Do asset management and office logistics. Do office schedules, mail merges, reception,badges, transcriptions (light), meetings. Also proofread and type document edits. Send global emails and create contact distribution lists. Process (pull, file, scan, sort) legal cases numerically and by color-code.
Technologies: Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook, Exchange, Access, SQL, Symantec Antivirus, PGP, Ghost,Check Point Endpoint Security Encryption, Safe Net Protect Drive Encryption Recovery, Safe Boot Administrator,Cables (Ethernet, VGA, Fiber optic, KVM), Switch Boxes, Transceivers, Thin Client, Dell (Optiplex, Laptop), HP,Pocket PC, Office 2003/2007/2010, HTTP, IP, FTP, Windows 7/Vista/XP/2000, DameWare Remote, CJIS,ActiveSync, Cisco Agent Desktop, File Net IDM Document Imaging Viewer, Altiris PC Transport Migration,Altiris Software Portal, Microsoft Printer Migrator, Oracle Government Financials, Oracle Universal Installer
- Client- Confidential, Position- Consultant, Location- DC, Contract- Refresh
- Client- Confidential, Position- Technical Support Specialist, Location- Oakton VA, Contract- Networx
- Client- Confidential,Position- Help Desk Analyst, Location- Arlington VA, Contract- DISA COREnet
- Client- Confidential,Position- Help Desk Technician, Location- DC, Contract- DHS FEMA IT Service Center
- Client- Confidential, Position- Tier1, Location- Alex. VA, Contract- Service Desk
- Client- Confidential, Position-Help Desk, Location-ArlVA, Contract-Criminal Justice Info System
- Client- Confidential,Position-Help Desk, Location-Ft BelvoirVA, Contract-PC Replacement DTRA/Defense Logistics Agency
- Client- Confidential, Position- Desktop Coach, Location- Navy Yard DC Naval Sea Systems Command (NAVSEA NSSC), Contract- Navy-Marine Corps Intranet (NMCI) Refresh
- Client- Confidential, Location-DC,Position-Jr Systems Analyst AITS Service Desk, Contract-Automated Inventory Tracking System
- Client- Confidential, Position- Technical Analyst, Location- Silver Spring MD, Contract- Refresh
- Client- Confidential, Position-IT Auditor, Location-Reston VA, Contract-Sarbanes-Oxley Act (SOX)
- Client- Confidential, Position-Test Eng, Location-FtBelvoir VA,Contract-Defense Energy Support Ctr
- Client- Confidential, Position- Operations Site Transition Assistant,Location-Pentagon/Arlington VA, Contract-Navy-Marine Corps Intranet NMCI OPNAV Refresh
- Client- Confidential, Position- Mgmt Asst, Location- DC, Contract- USSC
Confidential, Reston VA Sep2000-Apr2002 Member Technical Staff (MTS)
- Help Desk / NOC: Opened vendor trouble case reports. Monitored systems via Sun Legato backups status logs and SiteMaestro tool (light). Ran a JAVA script to restart server. Made VPN hard key connections.
- Testing / Technical Support: Wrote test cases reports using Word, Excel, and Pragmatics Online Software Planner. Began using Mercury Test Director Mar2002. Tested web services and GUIs. Made Sun Solaris UNIX emulation via Win2000 PC Hummingbird Exceed. Queried Oracle SQL database tables. Updated Control Center requirements and spreadsheets. Wrote specs tables of messaging agent versions. Entered quotes vendor/consultant purchase orders in Excel. Sent Lotus Notes emails.
Confidential, May1991-Sep2000 Test Engineer (May1998-Sep2000) and Performance Analyst (May1991-May1998)
- Help Desk / NOC Analyst: Dept Mgr rep to NASA Reps for multiple projects. Monitored NASA networks.Isolated faults. Did phone control center fill-in, and Remedy Discrepancy Management System tickets. Did hw/sw training to NOC, control centers, computer room. Did tape media, PowerPoint slides, and Oracle/UNIX/OMNIBACK/IBM/VAX backups restores. Modified/Verified Excel, Oracle SQL schema snapshots, HP OpenView display stats, FoxPro, and Proprietary databases. Ran a few UNIX Perl scripts.
- Testing / Technical Support: Team Release Lead of 5 (rotational). Verified NASA hw sw aerospace requirements. Tested sw LAN transfers via UDP, TCP, Unix, Linux, FTP, DECNET, SNA. Supported systems: HP, IBM, VAX, PDP, Remote Analysis Computers, Perkin-Elmer, MAC(light), FAIRCHILD, andSUN. Analyzed data packets (binary, octal, hex). Ran satellite sims (command/telemetry, digital signals,orbital data). Tested Flight Payload Centers NOC console displays. Processed spacecraft payload data.Issued STOL commands on Multi-Terminal Monitors. Modified Primavera Project MS Project reports. Updated requirements. Assisted Network Engineer with: Cisco Router status, Checkpoint Solstice Firewall,DNS, and intrusion detection. Assisted System Admins with: system status, servers, and load balance.Meetings include: Software deliveries, Project System engineering review board, Readiness reviews.