Sr. Systems Analyst (Oct. 2011 to present) Confidential, Sterling, VA
- Work with Harris Corporation architecture team, on Veterans Affairs contract to provide statewide architecture reviews of VA’s network design, bring knowledge about what the architecture design intended to accomplish, apply architecture standards to technical planning and implementation, and inspect SW and technical components to fit the architecture. Generally, participate in the SOW (State Of Work) to detail the work requirements for system design and specify the deliverables to meet the requirements.
- Create check lists to identify gaps and areas for concern and\or improvement, examined basis for determining SW and HW decisions. Accomplish peer reviews including; Planning / Design Review to approve project architecture, solution design, technology direction, Regular review provided each time architecture changes, Execution / Build / Pilot Review (pre-verification) to approve architecture /design changes that may occur during network design architectural phase.
- Help with dry run testing process where the possible failures are intentionally mitigated which had to be delivered before the actual acceptance from the business side. Identify improvements to the data collection and submission processes derived from the Dry Run, if any.
- Support site survey process to provide solutions that will deliver the required servers coverage, data collection, network traffics, to test the interface and to identify installation for access points. Participate in planning, auditing, data analysis of existing VA networks, particularly MS-Exchange and BES servers which are providing the level of service required
IT Specialist / NIS Solutions Confidential, June 2011 to Oct. 2011 Troubleshoot problems with computers or similar products to customer onsite, provided high-level customer services, including; AD Help Desk Delegation, support data network and office applications, user request processing, SW management, monitoring user environment for issues from technical problems to user preferences and satisfaction by supporting PC operations, software\hardware repair, setups and configurations.
Systems EngineerConfidential,Herndon, VA / Dec. 2006 to Dec. 2010
- Served as technical resource for the operations by examining, evaluating and preventing potential problems thereby ensuring a healthy and stable system environment. Ensured all systems (Sterling2, ASPONE, IBM, MCI and Verizon) remain in a healthy and working state.
- Managed and supported Exchange \ AD including; Activated Directory Bulk User Management; Computer Management; Activate Directory Group Management: achieved maximum flexibility by creating AD groups, modified them and their attributes, managed AD bulk group and Exchange configuration attributes of AD groups
- Worked within the trouble ticketing system (Remedy, RightNow, etc) to resolve issues including; drainstop, fail over clusters, monitoring and mounting exchange dbases, pulling Poolmon data, UON (outage trouble history)
- Provided as the 2nd level escalation engineering to troubleshoot; MS-Exchange servers issues, BES (Blackberry Enterprise Server) Servers, Pool Nonpaged Bytes and checkpoint depth environments, CommVault backups, RCA (root cause analysis)
- Reported to the ops-director directly on the following: device utilization requiring troubleshooting and resolution, SPAMs, MOM email folders alerts, the UON incidents for any outages
- Migration projects from Exchange 03 to different environment (Exchange 07. Team work completed various tasks including; before Cutover Stage (importing the bulk mail before MX records are cutover to the news environment.) and after Cutover Stage (involved the importing of the mail received between the time of the bulk import and the time MX records have been cutover).
Cisco System Support Agent Confidential, Herndon, VA / Aug. 2006 to Dec. 2006 (contractor)
- Worked with Cisco configuration system, provided test results to Engineering and Operational teams to implement and implementation projects, acted as technical advisor and provided assistance to engineering architects during the presales cycle with respect to validating proposed solutions, built customer demonstration configurations in our center, developed skills across a broad range of technologies offers to our customers, such as Storage, Systems, Data-Protection, and others.
- Also provided implementation expertise in Cisco areas such as: Network LAN/WAN Infrastructure, VOIP Telephony, WAN Optimization, and Cisco Security Products.
IT Specialist Confidential, McLean, VA / Dec. 2005/Aug. 2006 (contractor) Installed computer hardware and software products in a manner consistent with the IT department’s policies and procedures. Diagnosed hardware, software, and operated problems and took appropriate remedial action. Prioritized and delegated problems assigned to team by service desk and followed up with their resolution. Managed a group of quality assurance analysts to test, and identify issues in software or services. Provided metrics, identified issues, and service improvement recommendations as part of the IT Operations review with IT Management team.
PC Support Manager Confidential, McLean, VA / Oct. 2004 to Dec. 2005 (contractor) Served as the specialist for troubleshooting of all IT related problems, and the system administration. Supported, and managed the daily operations of a computer operations department, focused on modifying the support strategy to ensure the Service Desk is aligned with the service and support requirements of staff and contractors.
Confidential, 1997 to 2004 *Promoted 2 times during tenure*
Operations Support Manager / FTLD / USA Europe / Dec. 2001 to Feb. 2004
- Managed and integrated NABN (North America Backbone Network) data collection process and ops onto the LAN network and the Americas Intranet including; executing changes to the architecture.
- Managed Project Solve Server for maintaining information and user support, using Level3 databases.
- Evaluated and qualified Americas Portal ops-related content as the provider for users via the web.
- Documented Ops of Network Engineering process, plan, review, implementation and hand-over.
IS (Information Systems) Analyst Confidential, USA, Oak Hill, VA /Aug. 2000 to Dec. 2001
- Worked to solve problems related to computer technology. Acted as business systems.
- Managed multiple IS infrastructure projects analysis for implementation techniques and tools (Unix) for the solution to problems including; network, computer hardware, software, Exchange, LDAP and DNS.
- Supported to the ongoing administration and expansion of the Proxy/Firewall, Intranet/Internet Access
- Maintained Customer Trouble Tracking System (CTTS), Remote Access (Gateway Server)
IT (Information Technology) Specialist-Network Admin. Confidential, Europe / June. 1997 to Aug-2000
- Provide analytical, technical, and administrative expertise in the life cycle of acquiring/developing, implementing and maintaining information technology solutions. Worked with TSM\Tivoli, backup and recovery services.
- Trained in-house engineers and produced documentation on restructuring and troubleshooting to enable transition after end of consulting project.
- Build flexible program teams to satisfy the requesters' needs, define the IT strategy for system support, provide consulting and project management services in addition to system solutions
System Admin. Confidential, Europe / May 1996 to May 1997
- Managed the network for all-operational and administrative systems and components in a MS system, UNIX, TSM toolset, completed backups and restoration of data selectively and incrementally.
- Provided system engineering in IT\help desk services division for support solutions analyst in Europe.
- Completed the architecture of the network security, traffics and service activation systems. Recommended, installed, and upgraded systems and application software. Resolved local and\or user problems and maintained network for reliability.
Network Admin User Support Confidential, Europe / Jan. 1996 to Apr. 1996
- Administrated network division, data backup admin, ensuring security, user account admin, and implementation.
- Performed upgrades on the systems, application software recommendation, and installation on need basis.
- Tripled installation of new computing equipment through a series of strategically timed scheduling projects.
Customer Engineer Confidential, Europe / Jan. 1995 to Jan. 1996
- Troubleshot end-user problems using UNIX and interfaced with vendors such as Novell to resolve problems.
- Additionally completed responsibilities including educating the customer on new technologies, reviewing current design or operational processes for optimization, and developing a trusting, advisory type relationship.
- BS (Equivalent): Telecommunications, Networking Micro-Computers
- Certified Microsoft System Admin (MCSA)
- Certified Cisco Networking Plus + (CCN
Software: Novell NetWare, Windows OS, Tivoli \ TSM, HP Openview, Spectrum, MS Office Suites including MS Project Microsoft OS, Windows Server 03/ Advanced Server, Active Directory, DNS,DHCP, Cisco Access Server, Various Admin Tools Software Programs, Remote Desktop, Magic Help Desk, Exchange Server 2010, Office 03, 07.
Hardware: IBM and Compatible Microcomputers, Cisco Routers, Gateways and Hubs, 3COM, HP and Compaq Proliant Servers, Laptops, and Servers, Cabling (e.g. coaxial and twisted pair) Motherboards, Video Sound Cards.
Networks: LAN, WAN, SNMP, RIP, IPX, Frame Relay, x25, ISDN, ATM, Ethernet, Windows Server, TCP/IP, IP, Cisco Networks and Configuration, Security and Implementation.
REFERENCES:Available upon request.