Career Summary Dynamic writing and editing professional comfortable leading or following company protocol. Adept at working with technical information, as well learning advanced software in order to serve the project best. Proactive as a leader as well as creating refined content. Passionate about languages, applying that projects in English, French or the discipline to engage in self-study of languages like Hungarian.
Professional Qualities and Strengths:
- Bilingual in French
- Fluent in understanding and applying technical programs
- Quick with complex vocabulary
- Administrative and editorial management
- Managed news website, collaborating with other editors to ensure clear editorial style and within the deadlines of other news producers.
- Engineered marketing plans to widen scope of participation, incorporating all kinds of communicative formats.
- Determined validity of content, evaluating for applicability to company mission.
- Wrote and edited a variety of communications, from research papers to form letters to blog posts.
- Maintained direct communication with co-workers while leading long-term projects to completion.
- Skilled at sharpening content to conform within audience expectations, regardless of the format.
- Produced documents that required extensive research on subjects from law to trade relations.
- Enacted spreadsheets and databases to assist busy accounting office in daily functions.
- Followed manager instruction in basic financial techniques in order to better assist superiors, spearheading several products in order to find cohesion in client data.
- Charged with heading other projects in a managerial role, assuring strong adherence to deadlines.
- Microsoft Office (Word, Excel, Powerpoint, Access, Outlook and Front Page), HTML, Filemaker and Dreamweaver.
- French (Fluent), Spanish (Intermediate) and Hungarian (Beginner).
- University of Chicago and Associated Press editing styles.
- Proofreader, New York, NY 2012-Present
- Interpreter, 2010-Present
- Editorial Assistant, 2010-Present
- Senior Translator/Editor, 2008-Present
- Administrative Assistant, 2006-209
- South Asian Liaison, 2006-2008
- Master of Arts in International Relations
- Bachelor of Arts in English, Minors in Anthropology and French
- Certificate in Editing
References available upon request