UPO, Microsoft Word Advance General Communications/Computer Operations Capitol Commitment/Residential Telecommunications DC Link and Learn/Computer Repair ICI Systems 2003: MCSA A+, Net+, (Apple Network #2152, Window 2000 Network and OS Essentials # 2151B, CCNA, and Windows 2000 Network Environment #2126B) Certificates FCC General Broadcasting Endorsement
This resume reflects the series of short term appointments that I have had since my last job listed in my resume.
Confidential, Lead Tech/Cable Puller 10/10 to present
CAT 6 cable and Fiber Optics MM (LC,SC, MTP, preterminated) from (HCC) Telecom Room to workstations thru overhead raceways and terminating at jacks, patch panels , Zone Distribution Boxes installs(110 blocks/Fiber Modules), Backbone (100/300 pr) and Risers (20 floors) Building, MDF/IDF/PBX Cross connects, POTS, LAN, 802.11 infrastructure including wireless access points, Dressing of cable and Fiber splicing, Hilti Certified, Logistics, Mounting Grounding of Racks, Cabinets, ZDBs in TRs, Build out CSR (Computer Server Room) (Servers/Switches(Cisco 3560 X Series) and NBX , QA,
Confidential-Network Technician 03/10 to 05/10 One month temp assignment
Pulling and terminating CAT 6/Plenum copper cable and coax, pulling and terminating 100 pair backbone cable for riser in two eight story government buildings (New Construction), Pulling and terminating coaxial cable for monitors and LCDs TVs, building of patch panels and termination, termination on Krone blocks, patch panels 110/66 block connections and EIA/TIA 568B, MCC, ICC, HCC installs along with infrastructure (tray baskets, ladder, racks, etc,) POTS, Cisco Switches, MDF, IDF, PBX Cross Connects workstation terminations, over head pulling of cable, Ethernet, reading drawings and blueprints, fire stopping, coax etc, etc.,
Confidential-Upper Suites Security 2008/09
Check tickets of ticketholders assure proper seating arrangements and maintain security of Loge.
Confidential-Network Technician 10/09 to 12/09 Not to exceed a month assignment
Installation of Avaya telephones at Confidential in Washington DC. Install digital PBX replacing analog system. Installing/programming and terminating at workstations and MDF/IDF/PBX. Training staff on operation of VOIP phone system. Assisting with crossover and building of racks with switches, Ethernet, patch panels, dressing of cables, etc.
Confidential- Network Technician 06/09 to 08/09
Installing/terminating Cat5 cable in overhead trays (30 ft) of store to activate security cameras
Confidential-Field Network Technician 04/2009 Two week assignment Replacing/configuring memory upgrades to Dell PCs at various Bank locations DC Metro Area, MS office/Word/Excel
Confidential - Field Network Technician 03/2008 to 06/2008
- Coordinated/conducted installs, moves, add, and changes (ICMS) activities based for complex activities including integrated equipment and systems.
- Created plans to implement changes and worked with appropriate parties to ensure implementation was met during expected timeframes, service level agreements (SLA) VPN and other criteria.
- Revised plans as necessary. Interfaces with end users to resolve complex Ethernet and copper network problems, which have been escalated through a problem ticket process.
- Assesses diagnostic information and determines alternative courses of action. Recommends and implements process changes.
- This position was a short term (90 day) consulting assignment
Technology Used: Cisco Switches, Cisco Routers, Ethernet, FTTP, OSP, OSPF, BGP, ISP, DNS, DHCP, FTP, NTP, SMTP, SNMP, and TELNET, VPN, VOIP, LAN, PBX cross connects, MDF/IDF, T1, T3, TCP/IP, ADSL, SDSL, ISDN, DHCP, demarc, CAT5E, CAT6, fiber, coax, troubleshooting, cable trays, equipment racks and cabinets.
Confidential - FIOS Technician 10/2007 to 03/2008
- Installation of Fiber Optics Video over coaxial, Setup of Set Top Boxes (STBs).
- Replacing and configuring routers and Windows OS, Ethernet, TCP/ IP addresses.
- Stocking of truck daily.
- Configuring customers network for proper activation of STBs and signal strength and continuity.
- Configuring ILECs customers computers/routers for network installation and loading software.
- Testing and troubleshooting
Technology Used: ISP/OSP Engineering, OSHA, OSP, ISP, Ethernet, Cisco Switches, Cisco Routers, FTTP, SONET, VOIP, TCP/IP, T1, T3, ADSL, SDSL, ISDN, demarc, CAT5E, CAT6, POTS, troubleshooting, cross connects, fiber, coax, LAN, heavy lifting, ladders, cable trays, heavy lifting, equipment racks and cabinets.
Confidential - Cable Technician 09/2007 to 10/2007
- Installation, termination and testing of Ethernet network jacks of CAT 5E cable during renovation.
- Dressing cables from ICC (Telephone Closets) to HCC (workstations).
Technology Used: ISP Designing, OSHA, Cisco Switches, Cisco Routers, VOIP, T1, T3, TCP/IP, ADSL, SDSL, ISDN, demarc, CAT5E, fiber, coax, ladders, cable trays, equipment racks and cabinets.
Confidential - Field Engineer 06/2007 to 09/2007
- Configuration and testing of CISCO/ Avaya Phone Systems at Bank of America.
- Required to travel overnight to various sites in Virginia.
Technology Used: ISP, Cisco Switches, Cisco Routers, Cisco Call Manager, Avaya Modular Messaging, VOIP, TCP/IP, T1, T3, ADSL, SDSL, ISDN, LAN, demarc, CAT5E, CAT6, fiber, coax, cable trays, equipment racks and cabinets.
Confidential - Field Hardware Technician 03/2007 to 04/2007
- Installed and troubleshoot DELL/IBM/Lenovo Laptop and Desktop Computers on customers site.
- Replacing hardware via ticket system (SLA) replacing motherboards to monitors.
- Installs of FRUs retrieved from parts pick-up locations
Technology Used: ISP support, Cisco Switches, Cisco Routers, Ethernet, OSPF, VOIP, TCP/IP, T1, T3, ADSL, SDSL, ISDN, demarc, CAT5E, CAT6, LAN, WAN, fiber, coax, cable trays, equipment racks and cabinets.
Confidential - DSL Technician 10/2006 to 01/2007
- Installation and troubleshooting of Verizon (ILECs) DSL Internet over copper POTS (VOIP) lines (commercial and residential).
Technology Used: ISP, OSHA, troubleshooting, Cisco Switches, Cisco Routers, Ethernet, TCP/IP, POTS, VOIP, ADSL, SDSL, ISDN, RS-232, demarc, CAT5E, cable trays, equipment racks and cabinets.
Confidential - Residential Install Service Tech 01/2006 to 04/2006
- Residential and Commercial Telephone Installation service - NID (demark) to inside customers home.
Repair/replace infrastructure from IW and Jacks to wall fishing, troubleshooting, etc No supervision - point of contact (email and fax). Backbone/risers, demarc, POTS, Ethernet, Frame Relay, CAT5E, ladders, cable trays, equipment racks and cabinets.
Confidential - Electronic Tech II 10/2004 to 06/2005
- Ethernet and Wireless network infrastructure from MCC, HCC, ICC to include cable pulling, dressing, terminating and testing of Fiber Optic MTRJ and SL copper Cat 6 Cable.
- Installs and dressing of racks, placing of COM Boxes and supporting hardware (trays, ladder rack and copper/fiber patch panels.
- Measure, maintain and document team performance in relation to established goals, time frames and service levels.
- Revised plans as necessary.
Technology Used: ISP, OSHA, Cisco Switches, Cisco Routers, Ethernet, VOIP, T1, T3, ADSL, SDSL, ISDN, LAN, WAN, ICC/HCC/MCC/backbone/risers/cross connects, demarc, CAT5E/6, ladders, cable trays, equipment racks and cabinets.
Confidential - Field Technician 03/2004 to 10/2004
- Pulled and terminated new construction facility with backbone cable to CAT 5 TP copper and Fiber Optics 6, 12, 48 Strands.
MCC, ICC, HCC installs along with infrastructure (tray baskets, ladder, etc).
- Terminated 66 and 110 blocks in telephone closet to workstations also risers-300 pair cables, etc.
Technology Used: ISP Designing, OSHA, Cisco Switches, Cisco Routers, Ethernet, CAT5E, 66 and 110 blocks, ladders, cable trays, backbone/risers, raised floor pulls, racks and cabinets.
Confidential - Network Field Service Tech 01/2002 to 03/2004
- Digital and Analog Video Installs.
- Installation of Modems, Drivers and NIC's.
- Aerial/Underground Coaxial and Copper Installation.
- TCP/IP Ethernet Computer Configurations.
Technology Used: OSP, BICSI, OSHA, CAT5E, Coax, cable modems, ladders, cable trays, equipment racks and cabinets, troubleshooting, CLEC, Windows 2000, 98/85, NT 4.0, X86
Confidential - Network Field Technician 01/1999 to 01/2002
- Download/upload Verizon (VPN) database files for testing on DaVaR Systems.
- Testing and updated Verizons (ILEC) LFACs files and troubleshooting telephone circuits (copper) by computer and manually at SAC Boxes in the Metro area.
- Preparation of timesheets and Management Summary Report.
- Maintained, monitored and housekeeping of SAC boxes.
- Travel to different areas to assist and train staff members.
Technology Used: BICSI, OSHA, VLAN, Cisco Switches/Routers, POTS, TCP/IP, LAN, RJ-11, RJ-45, T1, T3, ISDN, demarc, WAN, troubleshooting, CAT5E, 66/110 blocks, ladders, trays, racks and stack, Frame Relay, Voice Data Network Design.