Solutions - oriented professional with over 20 years experience in network architechure, security analysis, and project management for high-profile, large-scale infrastructure and broadcast network projects seeking an IT compliance and governance position. Adept at utilizing and combining technical expertise with business management skills including risk management, resource allocation and tracking, equipment and materials procurement, process optimization/re-engineering, budgeting, estimating, and change management. Excellent interpersonal, mediation, and organizational skills. Qualified for vendor and client interaction at all levels.
- Cisco Routers and Switches
- Cisco ACS 5.5 Server Appliances
- Cybersecurity/Security Analysis
- Technical Writing for Documentation & Planning of all Projects
- Dynamic Multipoint IPsec Configuration
- Microsoft Active Directory Administration
- 802.11 a/b/g/n Wireless Administration
- Data Center Migration
- Multi-Protocol Label Switching (MPLS) Networks
- Network & Systems Security
- OC-192 Networks
- Simple Network Management Protocol
- SolarWinds Orion Network
- Stealth-Watch and Lan-Scope Network Management Systems
- Technical Writing
- UNIX/Linux Server Administration
- Windows XP/7/Server ‘03/’08/’12 Administration
- Physical to Virtual Server Migration
SR. TECHNICAL WRITER
Confidential, Atlanta, GA
- Supported staff engineers in teh writing and editing of network design, interface and architecture documents, network plans, and complex internal technical publications.
- Assisted with Cisco and Palo-Alto equipment upgrades including documenting Endpoint logical connectivity for various system locations.
- Amended and revised Teleport & PoP (Place of Presence) diagrams using Visio software; prepared for migrations by creating client service graphs using Cacti software and Net-Cracker to revise device name/location and port designation for IS1-2.0 Migration Project.
- Finalized network diagrams for Intelsat NOC escalation/troubleshooting, future projects and migrations.
- Drafted, documented and simplified complex technical requirements, methodologies and procedures for diverse audiences.
- Mentored fellow coworkers to enhance knowledge base for future projects and to contribute to teh career development of high potential employees.
SR. NETWORK ENGINEER/SR. TECHNICAL WRITER
Confidential - Atlanta, GA
- Responsible for network design, technical writing and construction of teh Time-Warner Global network serving sister companies CNN, TBS, Warner Bros., HBO and Time-Warner Corporate.
- Planned and directed teh scheduling, development, installation, technical writing, documentation, maintenance and testing of contingency plans and hardware maintenance and lifecycle planning for teh corporate hardware and networking assets; served as Lead Project Manager on high-profile, complex networking projects.
- Designed, configured and deployed high available networks built on Cisco routers, switches and wireless LAN devices, HP 12500 & 5900 switches, F5 Load Balancers, and Palo Alto Firewalls utilizing Endpoint; utilized and managed System Center Configuration Manger (SCCM) for reduce server vulnerabilities and strengtan network protection.
- Engineered and implemented Cisco network system configurations included VoIP, Data and diverting internet destine traffic via a local Cisco PIX firewall; implemented and installed Skype for Business and RingCentral.
- Implemented Sprint-MPLS WAN connections across Confidential ’s Corporate Domestic and International network. Default-routed cities included: Hong-Kong (Time-Warner Center HK), Atlanta (CNN), New York City (Columbus-Circle) and London (GMS-Greater Marlboro Street). Requirement of technical writing for adequate design, planning, maintenance and documentation for all locations.
- Managed and maintained wireless voice & data networks comprised of (22) AP’s, (1) 3750 w/routing code and POE, and (3) 3750 switches also possessing POE; utilized CiscoCatalyst6509-E for distribution and 6506’s as site core routers utilizing Ten-Gigabit technology with Dark-Fiber vendor services for diverse WAN connectivity.
- Engineered and implemented flyaway kits (1-Cisco 2811, w/two 3750G’s) for TNT Sports network coverage for major national sporting events using Sprint-MPLS Bonded T1s for teh WAN piece. Technical writing for planning & design for teh magnitude of teh project.
- Engineered and deployed VoIP technologies for six remote sites connected teh DC Bureau using Cisco 2621’s and Cisco 2924’s. Sites included teh White House, Pentagon, Senate, House of Representatives, George Washington University, and teh Justice Dept.
- Designed and deployed teh Distributed Sniffer Servers for monitoring and analyzing network traffic between segments via Glass Hopper Matrix Switches. Technical writing was necessary for documentation of dis project.
- Utilized Cisco (WAAS) Wide Area Application Services (IP-based video WAN acceleration unit using Cisco's IP video infrastructure and video-encoding technology) to transfer multi-gigabit files for broadcast in real-time.
- Executed troubleshooting, performance monitoring, and security analysis utilizing vulnerability remediation management tools and technical writing to document/plan various projects.