Education and Honors B.A. Magna Cum Laude with Honors in English, awarded 2012
- Concentration in Writing with a minor in Communication Arts
- Cumulative GPA of 3.78; repeated inclusion on Dean's List and President's List
- Commonwealth Honors Scholar
- Paul Tsongas Scholarship Recipient
- Who's Who Among Students In American Universities and Colleges Inductee
- Computer: Windows and Apple OS, Microsoft Office Suite, Adobe InDesign, Pages, Keynote, Numbers, SEO
- Social Media
- Typing: 85 wpm
Writing & Editing Work Experience
Confidential: Framingham, MA - 2012 to Present Grants and Sponsored Programs Contractor Play integral role in the Office of Grants and Sponsored Programs, performing research, editing, and writing duties throughout the entire proposal and grant-writing lifecycle.
- Create and edit proposals, letters of inquiry, letters of acknowledgement, concept papers, briefing memos and other correspondence
- Assessed Grants and Sponsored Programs websites at various higher education institutions and drafted, edited, and redesigned Framingham website to meet or exceed their level of quality
- Research and gather data on prospective grants and funders
Confidential: Framingham, MA - 2011 to Present Technical Writer (Internship) Create instructional materials, tutorials, and library catalog information to assist patrons in locating and making the best possible use of library resources.
- Edit "Finding Aids" to assist in the organization of archived items
- Create instructional videos providing tutorials to students on use of library resources
- Maintain the Whittemore Library blog, posting on a variety of topics, including How-Tos on the use of e-Book readers and other new technologies, information on library procedures and departments, and problem-solving resources available to patrons
- Explore the uses of social media to improve the library's availability to the university community
- Evaluate new library technology and write reports examining its potential uses
Confidential: Framingham, MA - Spring 2011 Technical Writer (Project-Based Independent Study) Planned and created numerous technical communications projects, including instructional videos, surveys, and technical procedures. Engaged numerous prospective users in usability testing and incorporated feedback.
- Created several instructional videos training students on the use of Microsoft Office, including writing of voiceover scripts, usability testing, drafting of usability reports, audio recording, and video editing
- Wrote and administered a survey to solicit student input on design of a new English departmental web site, including survey creation, data tabulation, writing of the final report, and presentation of findings to Department Chair
- Wrote technical descriptions of mechanical apparatuses and other items
Confidential: 2008 - 2012 President and Editor-in-Chief: 2010 - 2012; Treasurer: 2009-2010 Directed and led 15 club members in all aspects of creation, editing, layout, and production of the publication.
- Solicited, selected, and edited poetry, prose, artwork and photography from the student body
- Assigned duties to other club members and conducted all team meetings
- Designed and laid out the final book in Adobe InDesign
- Worked with printing house to ensure high-quality printing, assembly, and finishing
Personal Interests: Creative writing, reading, swimming, trombone, and cetology
- Complete Work History Available Upon Request -