SUMMARY I am a self motivated IT Professional with 13 years of quality technical experience. I have supported the following roles while working predominately in a federal government environment: Tier I-II Helpdesk Tech/Analyst, Video Teleconferencing, Network Administrator, Systems Administrator, and Lead/Executive Level Technical Support. I have great communication skills, work ethic, as well as, the ability to work well in a team environment. I strive to provide the best technical support ensuring customer satisfaction.
Confidential (Elite Technical) Technical Team Lead January 2011-January 2012
- Provided Tier II / III phone, remote, and desk side support to 1700 users. Team Lead duties included, successfully trained entry and junior level technicians to ensure successful integration onto the team and the CatalystRx IT environment.
- Provided Exchange Server 2003 and BES support, created images for rollout of new Catalyst equipment (Lenovo), and work on a variety of projects (SCCM configuration, vulnerability scan of network infrastructure) for Windows 7 migration.
- Manage ticketing system; Create, track, escalate and close trouble and/or infrastructure change tickets in Footprints. Track activities of technical request to whom tickets were assigned to ensure request were resolved in timely manner meeting SLA requirements.
- Provide timely responses to client and management requests. Status updates on such requests need to be provided on a regular basis. Ensures problem ownership and promote end-user satisfaction.
- Provide HW SW support for pcs, laptops, blackberries, IPhones, etc. Managed VMware View 4.0 for 400 users. Active Directory Administration to include password resets, create, edit and delete user profiles, etc. Troubleshoot network connectivity issues. Follow set policies and procedures when assisting clients to ensure proper handling of requests
- Highly skilled/experienced with Microsoft SCCM doing software and patch deployment.
- Provided system administration of Network, Web, and/or communication systems, including Local Area Network (LAN) and Wide Area Network (WAN) systems
- Systems: Windows, Microsoft Exchange 2003/2008, Cisco, SharePoint Networking: Local Area Network (LAN), Wide Area Network (WAN), Modems, Routers, Servers, Switches, Hubs, Firewalls
Confidential Systems Administrator/Jr. Network Admin March 2010 - December 2010
- Extensive experience with installation, configuration, maintenance, and support of PC hardware and operating systems from Windows NT through Windows 7
- Considerable knowledge of LAN server concepts, including drive partitioning and network assignment, directory creation, VMWAre, interconnections and migration of files databases
- Administrator of Blackberry Enterprise Server, Active Directory, SMS Remote Desktop, Print Server
- Responsible for creating and maintaining all images for Dell desktops and laptops utilizing Windows XP and Windows 7 OS. Images were complaint with federal government standards.
- Extensive experience with MS Office Suite (Access, Excel, Outlook, PowerPoint, Word) Internet Explorer, Adobe Acrobat, Symantec anti-virus and anti-spyware applications, plus Windows Server, Exchange Server 2003/2008, Terminal Server administration and support, GhostCast Server, McAfee SafeBoot, and LANGuard. scripting skills, and familiarity with Application Packaging. Experience with TCP/IP network administration.
Confidential Desktop Support Tier II December 2009 - March 2010
- Worked extensively with Microsoft MDT in support of the image management work including creation of new images, and incorporation of new hardware into existing MDT images.
- Responsible for the creation of Windows 7 test bed for possible Windows 7 migration. Test bed included image creation of Dell PC/laptop for compatibility testing and network scanning of network devices to ensure system requirements for the migration.
- Provide Tier 2 Support for requests escalated from Tier 1 team members. Work with Network Administration/Engineering (Tier 3 support) teams to identify and resolve complex and systemwide issue. Work to define and improve processes for laptop replacements and hardware upgrades and other tasks performed by the team
- Manage content in MS SharePoint based technical knowledge base (i.e. known issues, installation instructions, FAQs, etc). Perform Active Directory administrative tasks. Serve as a technical resource for the team in order to resolve problems related to installing, configuring and troubleshooting Windows XP, MS Office, Cisco Systems VPN software, LAN/WAN and VPN connectivity over cable and DSL, network printers and scanners, VMWare, BlackBerry devices and proprietary and COTS client-server and web based applications
- Trained Junior level techs and end users on software application troubleshooting and hardware installation/configuration.
Confidential Lead Desktop Support Technician June 2008 - November 2009
- Created the Windows 7 image for the Dell PCs and laptops for compatibility testing. Compatibility testing included software and system patches, driver compatibility, and end user training. Knowledge of Windows 7 Deployment Technologies and image development, application packaging, and GPO Administration. Identified, evaluated, and prioritized customer problems and complaints during testing to ensure that inquiries were analyzed for possible resolution. Recommended changes to policies and procedure to streamline operations. Logged and tracked inquiries using a problem management database and maintained history records for related problem documentation.
- Team lead that provided Tier II-III level desk side support for senior and VIP employees to a base of 3,000 Environmental Protection Agency employees during the Windows 7 deployment and creation of CTS helpdesk.
- Assisted the customer in resolving highly complex technical problems on a primary account by providing guidance regarding software and hardware problems.
- Administered data servers, Active Directory console, Blackberry Enterprise Server, SharePoint administration, Symantec Auto Exec Backup. Created user accounts, email accounts, as well as Blackberry accounts with Enterprise Activation.
- Troubleshoot and resolve computers, printers, network and other peripheral issues. Reimaged hard drives, Provided technical support for the desktop installation and configuration, Installed approved software and hardware for EPA employees.
- Assisted with the creation of Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) to maintain equality while providing high level end user support.
- Identified, evaluated, and prioritized customer problems and complaints to ensure that inquiries are successfully resolved. Recommends changes to policies and procedure to streamline operations Logs and tracks inquiries using a problem management database and maintains history records and related problem documentation.
- Logged and tracked inquiries using Remedy resolving all tickets in a timely manner per client SLA.
- Provided training to entry and mid level technicians with Blackberry support, hardware configuration, and communication skills to ensure quality customer support throughout the agency.
Confidential Desktop Support Technician Tier II September 2007 - June 2008
- Provided technical support for Donald Graham (CEO Washington Post) and his Executive Staff (150-200 end users).
- Responsible for hardware/software compatibility testing, installation troubleshooting, and PC security maintenance for rollout of Windows 7 and MS Office 2007. Responsible for PC build and testing for Windows 7 migration. Acronis PC/laptop Imaging, setup and configuration
- Assisted with providing technical support to the Senior Network Administrator. Helped troubleshoot, upgrade, and maintain Windows 2003 Servers for the Washington Post Corporate. Router, network configuration, Remote PC management and monitoring.
- Performed Blackberry Server Administrator for the Washington Post Corporate which included PDA device installation and upgrading.
- Extensive use of Active Directory (AD). Created and managed user accounts as well as Exchange accounts.
- Experience installing, configuring, and troubleshooting network/local printers.
Confidential Senior IT Support Specialist/VTC Tech October 2006 - September 2007
- Responsible for scheduling, maintaining, and conducting video teleconferences for all of National Marine Fisheries Services, a line office of NOAA.
- Handled Active Directory Virus Server administration/maintenance.
- Performed hardware/software compatibility testing, installation troubleshooting.
- Assisted with Oracle network support/administration, remote access setup, and VPN configuration maintenance and support.
- Performed TCP/IP administration and configuration, Windows CMD w UNIX file access and commands as well as LAN support.
- Handled data recovery and backups, PDA (Palm, Windows Mobile, Blackberry) setup configuration, and laptop and PDA encryption. Department of Homeland Security (TWD Associates) System Administrator/ Video Teleconferencing January 2005 - October 2006
- Scheduled, configured, and troubleshot classified and unclassified video teleconferences, multimedia presentations, and audio teleconferences.
- Troubleshot existing network and system environments based on the Microsoft Windows 2000 Server platform.
- Troubleshot Tandberg and Polycom CODECs, KIV-7 encryption devices, Adtran ISDN modems and Helped plan networks to meet needs of various non-profit organizations.
- Performed duties of field computer support and network installation technician.
- Also responsible for operating system support, network set-up and hardware repair technician.
- Handled wired and wireless networks setup and encryption, hardware maintenance for businesses and in home service, WEP WPA configuration, remote access setup, VPN configuration maintenance and support.
- Performed data recovery and backups, server maintenance, VoIP and high speed internet configuration and setup, streaming video and audio surveillance, PDA(Palm, Windows Mobile, Blackberry) configuration, and wireless air card troubleshooting.
- Computer Technician for system repairs, virus removal, network setup, system diagnostics, system upgrade, TCP/IP/LAN Admin and troubleshooting.
Confidential Desktop Support Technician (EXCOM Team) December 2003 - January 2005
- Member of a highly skilled group of IT professionals called the EXCOM Support Team, whose objective is providing technical support to the Director of NGA and senior staff.
- Worked closely with the LAN/WAN Administrators to guarantee efficient system operations, implementation of software patches, and seamless insertion of new technology into the operational baseline.
- Monitored and scheduled network backups and check logs to verify backups were completed successfully. Performed file recovery, restores, and archives. Monitored server and workstation logs and networks to verify and check for error conditions.
- Performed security compliance monitoring and maintenance. Implemented all hardware and software installation, and maintenance. Upgraded projects of client workstations, servers and network components.
- Performed user account management - adds, deletes, and changes. Monitored support service queue for tasking and responded to the tickets in accordance to the OHD guidelines. Provided end-user application support.
Confidential LAN Administrator April 2003 - December 2003
- Experienced in a 24X7X365 data center operation. Provided service for over1500 customers.
- In-depth knowledge and demonstrated experience in Microsoft Exchange, NT Server, messaging systems, NT Client, Windows 95, Windows 98, Windows XP, and in the advanced functions of the Microsoft Office suite.
- General Server Administration providing support for the network, which included Microsoft's Windows NT 4.0 Server and above, Systems Management Server 2.1 and above.
- Analyzed network requirements, implemented requirements, and supported a variety of appropriate network services such as document, file transfers, shared high-capacity disks, document sharing, and electronic mail. Planned, implemented, and maintained backup systems. Set up and maintained network accounts and shared directories. Supported databases/applications that included network automation tools.
Confidential Information Systems/Analyst February 1998 - October 2002
- Monitored and managed the data processing network at Fort Monroe over which data, voice, and video traffic travel.
- Demonstrated knowledge working with a variety of client and server based network operating systems in both local area network (LAN) and wide area network (WAN) environments. Provided PC/LAN support and administration of network with over 500 users.
- Directly responsible for training and developing junior enlisted soldiers. Performer and member of Fort Monroe's Help Desk. Provided advanced customer assistance in defining automation needs and resolved complex technical problems and situations.
- Conducted over 300 SECURE video teleconferences with the TRADOC Commanding General after 9/11 and during Operation Anaconda. Devoted countless personal hours to ensure that all facets of the entire Brigades' automation systems were operational ensuring users experienced minimal downtime.
- Demonstrated outstanding technical skills in the area of computer technology and maintenance. Key in the command transition to a network based operation. Responsible for configuring the 8th PERSCOM Brigade including the following section/unit for networking on the LAN/WAN.
- Installed CAT5 cable, configured network, troubleshot technical problems and installed software/hardware. Effects were of utmost importance to ensure the success of the Brigade's networking capabilities.
- A+ certified
- Network+ certified
- MCP-Vista certified
- HDI Helpdesk Certified
- 531-74B10, Information Systems Operator-Analyst: Upon Completion of course, student will have working knowledge and understanding of microcomputer software, computer operating systems, software utilities, assembly/disassembly of microcomputers, data communications, local/wide area networks, problem solving using structural design techniques, data base system design and development, error recovery, and security.
- Primary Leadership Development: Leadership skills, non-commissioned officer duties and authority, and how to conduct performance oriented training. It focuses on leader training for first time leaders, produces competent non-commissioned officers who are qualified team/section leaders, trainers of leader skills, evaluators and counselors, conductors/participants in individual and collective training, and performers/teachers of leader skills, knowledge, and attitudes.
- Newport News, VA (Network Administration)