SUMMARY OF QUALIFICATIONS
Extensive experience as Technical Writer and Technical Support Specialist. Expertise in translating complex technical information into simple understandable terms/documentation. Adept in researching, writing and producing procedural and training manuals; training end users; identifying, troubleshooting and resolving software issues; performing software validation and verification; providing optimal customer support. Communicate effectively with others at all levels; work well under pressure; able to meet deadlines. Team player....conscientious....detail-oriented.
Confidential, Riverside, Rhode Island 2011-present SENIOR TECHNICAL WRITER Research, write, and update SOPs, system validation documents, and disaster recovery reports for the Document Processing and Technology Services team. Perform computer system tasks, then write work instructions that enable associates to perform those functions independently. Write and update system application Runbooks. Collaborate effectively with SMEs in Engineering and IT to produce accurate and timely technical documents.
Confidential, Providence, Rhode Island January-July 2011 TECHNICAL WRITER/EDITOR, GRAPHICS DESIGNER Worked with a start-up producing technical documents, poster presentations, and brochures. Designed and launched the company's website. Shot and produced a promotional video for the company's founder.
Confidential, Lincoln, Rhode Island 1998-2010 SENIOR TECHNICAL SUPPORT SPECIALIST Responded to incoming customer calls regarding technical issues with the Bank/Brokerage website. Walked clients through hardware and software adjustments to enable access to online bank and brokerage accounts; performed system password resets; maintained customer call logs.
- Researched, wrote, illustrated and produced technical solutions training manual for new technical support specialists with detailed procedures, problems and solutions to assist customers efficiently and effectively with connectivity, web browser, downloads, etc.
- Evaluated all new versions of web browsers to assess interoperability with the Bank of America online banking access portals.
- Began as Technical Support Specialist providing second level technical support (FleetBoston Financial Group Fleet HomeLink/Online Banking Department in 1998) and promoted to Senior Technical Support Specialist (Quick & Reilly Brokers 2000-2004, Banc America Investment Services, Inc 2004-2009 and Merrill Lynch, Pierce, Fenner & Smith 2009-2010).
Confidential, Middletown, Rhode Island 1996-1997 DATABASE DESIGNER Deployed and maintained Dynamic Systems Inc's engineering management software products for clients at the Naval Undersea Warfare Center (NUWC) in Newport, Rhode Island. Wrote and produced user documentation for software products.
Confidential, Middletown, Rhode Island 1987-1996 MANAGEMENT SERVICES SPECIALIST Provided hardware, software, network and user support to clients and employees. Duties included designing, coding, installing and maintaining software on PCs (dBase III+ and dBase IV) and Macintoshes (Excel Macrocode and FileMakerPro); designing, installing and maintaining LocalTalk and Ethernet networks; training clients and employees in software use; performing hardware and software upgrades.
- Provided rapid-response in-house repairs and upgrades for company's 125 Macintosh and Windows PCs, saving company $20,000.
- Designed and installed LocalTalk network and installed Macintosh computers and related peripheral devices in a rented building when employer's main building suffered fire damage; all departments' data processing functions were brought back online within seven days.
- During rehabilitation of main building, worked with three other employees to plan, purchase, install, and test an embedded in-house Ethernet network; network was fully functional on the day the main building reopened.
- Designed an easy to use program in Microsoft Excel to track computer usage by employees, saving the company $9,500 and permitted accurate and timely billing of clients for computer time.
- Taught classes in Microsoft Excel and FoxBASE for McLaughlin employees 1990; taught evening adult education classes in Adobe PageMaker at the Computer Link, a Division of the Learning Connection in Providence, Rhode Island.
Confidential, Providence, Rhode Island 1986-1986 TECHNICAL WRITER/EDITOR Joined a start-up; wrote the technical documentation for the firm's proprietary optical scanning system.
Confidential, Middletown, Rhode Island 1980-1986 TECHNICAL WRITER/EDITOR Researched and produced technical documentation for ADP users at NUWC Newport. Performed computer program validation and verification at NUWC computer facility. Wrote software validation documents.
MS Office Suite: Word, Access, PowerPoint, Excel and Excel VBA Macrocode, Outlook, Visio.Adobe PageMaker; SharePoint; iWeb; iMovie.
Associate of Applied Science, Computer Systems Technology Computer/Peripheral Equipment Repair Telecommunication Systems Control Political Science Major/Russian Minor (Three Years Completed)
Communications Technician/Computer Technician Held Top Secret Security Clearance Awarded Air Force Commendation Medal