Versatile Technical writer with extensive experience in many aspects of the Banking software industry, including creation of user manuals, browser-based help, development of training classes and materials, Product Management, Software Development and Customization. A loyal, hardworking professional with a widely respected work ethic and a proven track record of working with customers to analyze needs, gather requirements, develop product specifications, collaborate with developers, and deliver high-quality documentation. Seeking an opportunity as a Technical Writer with a software organization that needs a highly-motivated professional capable of multi-tasking and wearing many hats.
- Operating Systems: Windows, MAC
- Languages: HTML, FileMaker Pro Database Scripting Language, SQL
- Excellent communication skills in English and Spanish
- Microsoft Software: Word, Access, Excel, Outlook, Front Page
- Other Software: Adobe RoboHelp, HRS Pro (Escheatment management), GoToMeeting, FileMaker Pro, PaintShop Pro
- Demonstrated exemplary writing skills to create product specifications and user manuals
- Recognized for developing and presenting professional demonstrations, as well as training programs and materials.
- Managed the creation, testing, installation, and on-going development of branch automation product that generated annual revenue of $100,000 over 10 years.
- Simplified operations and saved money for customers, by unifying disparate systems from different vendors into a single product, and enabling customer access under integrated security.
- Introduced use of GoToMeeting software, allowing distance training of customers, enhanced troubleshooting of customer problems, and remote installation of software at customer sites, resulting in significant cost savings and productivity gains to both my company and its clients.
- Increased annual revenues through improved Escheatment reporting.
Confidential, Glen Rock, NJ 1978 - 10/2010 Leading provider of quality data processing and item processing to banks Product Manager Managed the initial creation and ongoing development of a multi-faceted branch automation banking product that integrated teller, new account, report writing, customer information, and Imaging systems into a single product.
- Analyzed customer needs, managed the development of initial specifications, and collaborated with software developers to deliver the end product.
- Led in-house testing, and managed customer beta-testing, during the initial development and for all subsequent major product updates.
- Created and updated on a continuing basis user documentation and help, including end-user manuals written in Microsoft Word, online browser-based help systems, and context-sensitive, field level help.
- Principal customer-service support contact for day to day questions and problem resolution.
- Coordinated yearly, fee-based procedure through which FSI's banking customers did their annual abandoned property (escheatment) reporting to their respective states (New York or New Jersey).
- Worked with customers, internal control, operations, and programming departments, and the states of New Jersey and New York, from the initial stage of identifying banks' customers whose accounts were candidates for escheatment, through the intermediate stage of assisting banks in attempting to contact such customers, to the final stage of handling the reporting to the states of the accounts to be escheated.
- Used Microsoft Access and Microsoft Excel to provide customers with data from FSI's in-house reports, in addition to two state based programs required to create final reports in formats acceptable to states.
Member Development Team for Oracle Banking System
- Promoted to manage analysis, enhancements, testing, and documenting of the branch operation sub-system of Oracle banking system brought in-house by FSI.
- Successfully proposed numerous enhancements to the existing system, improved existing user manual, and in-program help system.
Confidential. Ramsey NJ 2004 - present Developer of database solutions for businesses using FileMaker Pro Part Time
- Accountable for needs analysis, testing, and documentation for a database product for vertical markets
- Responsible for database development from needs analysis to installation
EDUCATION & CERTIFICATION
BA, Major: Classical Studies Minor: Linguistics Web Master Certification