OBJECTIVE A quality position utilizing exceptional project leadership,and supervisory experience in a challenging fast paced environment.
I am a skilled Consultant and Project Leader with a positive attitude, strong work ethics, and a comprehensive understanding of information technology. A self-motivated, flexible professional with experience in network systems, application technology and project leadership managing multiple projects on various platforms. Expertise in planning, designing, and consulting with current hardware and software applications and the design of classified aerospace components for the United States government. Effective project coordinator utilizing exceptional analysis and problem solving skills. Experience in managing complex issue resolution with multiple internal and external functional groups. Ability to motivate team members and co-workers to achieve quality results.
Operating Systems: Windows NT 4.0, Windows 95/98/ME, Windows 2003, Windows XP, Exchange Server, Novell Netware, OS2/warp, Web Server-IIS 4.0, Frame Relay, VM/MVS/VTAM. Software: IBM 3270, Rumba 3270 emulator, TCP/IP, Unix, MS Office 2007, Outlook 2007, Internet Explorer, Remote 32 PC administration, Netview/Openview, Routing/Switching. Hardware: IBM/Toshiba/Dell/HP/Compaq PC's / laptops, Ethernet, Token Ring, Sonet Ring, Bay Networks/Cisco routers and Cabletron switches, HP printers & scanners, Palm Pilot (PDA's), AS-400, IBM Mainframes, 3725 Front-end controllers, Risc-6000 and Sun Solaris Unix Servers.
EXPERIENCE AND ACHIEVEMENTS
Confidential, Lee's Summit, MO. 10/2008 - Present FOIA / PA Specialist with a Department of Homeland Security OSI clearance, and the primary contractor assigned to the United States Citizenship and Immigration Service - (USCIS). Some of my duties include, but are not limited to:
- Perform all functions relating to review and processing of Freedom of Information (FOIA) and Privacy Act (PA) requests, including handling classified documents and information
- Interpret and apply regulations, laws, practices, and techniques that apply to case files.
- Plan and coordinate work to evaluate information and make policy recommendations.
- Determine the status of individuals and decipher the type and scale of their request.
- Redact/Edit portions of sensitive documents by identifying and utilizing federal exemptions.
- Compose detailed summaries and final action letters for each case.
Confidential. Kansas City, MO. 01/2008 - 10/2008 Technical Support Specialist. Some of my duties included, but were not limited to:
- Provide technical support to external customers, internal field associates and management via phone, live chat, and E-mail. Assist other technical support specialists as needed.
- Use contact center software programs and computer systems to resolve and track client issues.
- Serve as liaison between clients and management, support groups and the business unit.
- Perform analysis of proprietary Tango & Taxcut software packages used for income tax and financial services. Participate in outbound projects as needed.
Confidential, Lee's Summit, MO. 2003 - 2007 Team Leader / IT Liaison with a Department of Homeland Security T2 clearance for records management at the Immigration Naturalization Service (INS). Some of my duties included, but were not limited to:
- Project Coordinator for research and analytical support.
- Manage technical and administrative staff by assigning and facilitating multiple tasks.
- Perform leadership role in the quality improvement process within areas of accountability.
- Develop, implement, and evaluate procedures regarding project planning and documentation.
- Monitor performance of staff and subcontractors and report plans and progress to customers and managers via written and oral presentations.
- Train 200 users on Outlook and MS-office applications. Perform imaging/scanning of case files.
- Maintain Access/Excel database, as well as CIS & NFTS (National File Tracking Systems)
Confidential, Lee's Summit, MO. 2001 - 2003 Customer Service Specialist. As a Group Leader, Some of my duties included:
- Research prescription drug benefits. Receive and process phone calls from customers.
- Perform test claims for clients' benefit plans. Attained superior ICP and compliance scores.
Confidential, Kansas City, MO. 1999 - 2001 Project Management Consultant and Supervisor, assigned to Confidential Network support group. Some of my duties included, but were not limited to:
- Manage a staff of employees to design and configure their STARNET system for test and production.
- Plan and migrate web servers from remote locations, eliminating the need for internet hosting.
- Set-up thick / thin clients through UUNET web hosting. Install and configure web server - IIS 4.0.
- Responsible for ordering and tracking Telco-T1/T3 circuits at remote sites.
- System administration for SCO-Unix operating system. Technical writer for in-house and remote projects.
Project Coordinator assigned to Confidential, as leader of the E-mail/messaging technical group.
- Lead project to migrate 2000 remote E-mail users to Outlook Web Access.
- Provide secure connections to Exchange E-mail accounts from any internet web browser/ISP.
- Configure gateways for public/private access over internet/intranet.
Project Analyst, & Lead Consultant assigned to Confidential for the Windows-NT/Unix network group.
- Provided advanced technical support, for the companys' 650 district sites throughout the United States.
- Managed a group of technicians for administration of the Unix network.
- Conduct network communication with Unix sendmail and Windows Exchange E-mail.
- Responsible for planning and implementation of conversions and configuration of new districts' operating systems acquired through mergers and acquisitions.
Confidential, Kansas City, MO. 1995 - 1999 Project Manager/Systems Administrator. Some of my duties included, but were not limited to:
- Project Manager responsible for network proposals and architecture planning.
- Manage a staff of 40 to 50 employees. Technical writer for all projects and documentation.
- Designed and installed a Windows-NT Ethernet LAN for 900 users and a Frame Relay WAN connecting 23 remote sites. Responsible for managing the monetary budget of T1/T3 circuits.
- Managed a project to integrate a LAN, WAN, IBM mainframe, and a RISC-6000 Unix system.
- Effectively networked software integration and provided all users with access to each platform with TCP/IP and 3270 emulation capabilities. Used C/A Unicenter for advanced helpdesk support.
- System administrator responsible for Exchange E-mail architecture and communication with the internet. Upgraded exchange server from version 4.0 to 5.5. Installed and maintain all public internet access and set-up internet/intranet gateways & proxies with SMTP and DNS.
- Maintain database systems used for tracking/ordering/scheduling Telco-T1/T3 billing and installation.
Education and Certification
A.A.S., Mechanical/Computer Engineering Computer Science Advanced Telecommunications Concepts Systems Network Architecture MS-Windows Desktop Concepts Administering MS-Windows NT Design & Implement, MS- Exchange Server 5.5 Core Technology, MS-Windows NT Server Core Technology, MS-Exchange Server 5.5