Skilled Technical Writer and Business Analyst with extensive experience documenting electro-mechanical- and software-manuals, standard operating processes and procedures, SAP Modules, production and engineering support documentation. Expertise in working closely with project managers and business teams to prepare project and operation related documentation. Excellent written and oral communication skills have led to high levels of success in improving a company's overall product and service usability. Nearing completion of a Java Developer online course to enhance IT documentation support nearing completion 1/27/2011 .
- Successfully created several quality software and electro-mechanical end-user manuals for Viasala Inc's atmospheric sensing equipment. Significantly influenced the company's overall document standards and methods of preparation.
- Led war room sessions at ProfitLine, Inc to capture content for Use Cases that were later converted into standard operating processes SOP . The SOPs were later converted into training course materials that were used to conduct employee training for thirty Customer Service Representatives.
- Documented for Anheuser-Busch's Business Teams to support their SAP Enterprise-wide implementation to conform thirteen independently operated stateside breweries to a common SAP operating environment. Our team documented the Material Management MM Module.
- Create clear and concise end user manuals to enhance the marketability of products and services for several companies for internal and external customers.
- Prepare illustrated and non-illustrated work instructions to aid companies' internal production operations.
- Team up with project managers in Information Technology and Engineering environments to prepare a variety of project and operation related documents.
- Published author of a 344 page Science Fiction novel, Actmemic I Discovery the first of three in the Actmemic Sci-Fi Trilogy. Available for viewing at: www.daydreamspublishing.com
Technical Writing Experience
In the Operations Documentation Department, Standard Operating Procedures SOPs are prepared to support internal functions and the use of custom software application. Research each documentation project to create preliminary outlines. I conducted digitally recorded interviews with Subject Matter Experts SMEs to capture content for SOPs. The document review process was supervised from planning to final approvals.
Technical Writer/Business Analyst
Based on site evaluations, professional cleaning proposals are prepared for Sparkling Pro Cleaning Service's prospective customers. Work with business team leaders to capture content for standard operating procedure SOP . Convert content from SOPs into training courses for cleaning associates.
Confidential custom software applications, several end-user software manuals and quick start guides were prepared. To capture every possible scenario that may occur during daily operations, War Room sessions were conducted with department managers Ordering Team, Shipping Receiving, and Customer Service . For each internal customer, Standard Operating Processes SOP s were created that documented every interdepartmental operation and function. For ProfitLines' customer service representatives CSR , training materials were created and training was conducted.
For Interstate Gas Supply, Inc.'s custom software applications, several end-user software manuals and quick start guides were prepared. To capture every possible scenario that may occur during daily operations, War Room sessions were conducted with department managers Ordering Team, Shipping Receiving, and Customer Service . For each internal customer, Standard Operating Processes SOP s were created that documented every interdepartmental operation and function. For ProfitLines' customer service representatives CSR , training materials were created and training was conducted.
For NetJets Aviation the leader in fractional aircraft purchases, detailed aircraft maintenance processes were created. As NetJets moved forward with its initiative to update its current maintenance software application with a newer more adaptable application, complete document support was provided. Using a training application software, videos demos of various software applications were created. I assisted the SharePoint administrator to input project information and enter new documents.
Using MSWord and Lotus Notes, processes were document to support Ashland Chemical's company-wide software replacement initiative. Created and updated installation procedures called Technotes for software applications used throughout the company using Lotus Notes 6 database utilities. Processed documents that were generated by the company-wide software replacement initiative interoffice correspondence and forms using Lotus Notes 6 database utilities and Microsoft Access. Create process diagrams and flow charts using Visio.