A highly skilled, detail oriented Technical Writer with extensive experience in all aspects of writing. Areas of expertise include technical manuals and marketing materials. Particularly adept at turning complex technical information into user-friendly documentation and delivering quality work on time. Work well independently or as part of a team.
Software skills: Microsoft Word; Publisher; Excel; Visio; Outlook; Powerpoint; Lotus Notes; Adobe Acrobat; Full Shot; and SnagIt
TECHNICAL WRITER – INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT
Provide technical writing services to companies in the Greater New York City area:
Confidential Wrote Standard Operating Procedures (SOPs) for the Research & Development Operations Department to ensure GMP compliance. Met with the company’s Managers and Directors to obtain information about the various processes and used this information to write the SOPs. This interim position was intended to get a head start on the SOP process before it was taken over by an Estee Lauder employee.
Confidential Wrote press releases to alert the public of upcoming classes and trips offered by the Adult Program. Registered residents for classes/trips and resolved problems and concerns of the attendees.
Confidential Proofread the product information and images for the company’s various product catalogs. This project ensured that the catalog content was 100% accurate for printing, thus increasing order accuracy and client satisfaction.
Confidential Wrote case studies, as needed, for a major web service provider. Case studies described the operational and financial benefits of using the provider’s products; they are published on the provider’s website to attract new customers.
Confidential Generated a user manual for the company’s Recreation Dynamics Enterprise system. The system enables Parks and Recreation Department personnel to manage all aspects of their state and municipal resources by automating the associated tasks. Collected information from the technical staff and used the application to organize and write the manual. The documentation was used for training purposes, thereby improving user operation and satisfaction.
Confidential Created a user/training manual for the company’s Warehouse Management and Order Fulfillment System. The manual detailed the system’s automated and manual processes from the point of receiving inventory (eyewear) into the warehouse from the company’s overseas vendors through filling customer orders and shipping out the orders. Used as a training and reference tool, the manual empowered the staff to expedite the processing of customer orders and warehouse operations.
Confidential Produced user documentation for the company’s Electronic Medical Records System, thus allowing physicians, medical assistants, and office managers to move toward a paperless medical practice. The documentation ensured a smooth transition to electronic health records, thus maintaining patient confidence and satisfaction.
Confidential Wrote user/training documentation for Canon’s newly-designed Service and Repair System. The system tracks the repair process of Canon products from receipt in the Factory Service Center through repair completion and shipment back to the customer. Improved system accuracy by identifying system defects and grammatically-incorrect error messages.
TECHNICAL WRITER – STAFF WRITER
Produced user documentation for the company’s medical software products, converting technical information into user-friendly and easy-to-read manuals:
- Created documentation for new software products by meeting with the technical staff and testing the software. This minimized the customers’ learning curve and calls to the Help Desk.
- Incorporated system enhancements into existing documentation. Obtained this information by meeting with the technical staff. This reduced customer calls because customers had access to the latest documentation.
- Responded to clients’ requests for documentation. Reviewed the new documentation to ensure that it was accurate, converted the documentation to a PDF file, and forwarded the file to the client.
- Generated release notes that detailed enhancements and fixes for new software versions. Analyzed tickets submitted to the Help Desk and converted the solutions’ cryptic information into understandable text. This enabled customer to easily apply the modifications.
- Tested new software products, resulting in the identification of software errors and grammatically-incorrect messages. Early identification of errors reduced the time required for Quality Assurance testing.
- Published the company newsletters. Edited articles from senior management and formatted the newsletters for publishing. Distributed the newsletters to employees and customers apprising them of future events.
TECHNICAL WRITER – INDEPENDENT CONSULTANT
Provided writing services to financial, transportation, telecommunications, and computer organizations in the Greater New York City area.
Confidential Researched and wrote user manuals for the company’s telecommunications products. The manuals explained the procedures for using the products.
Confidential Wrote user documentation for a large-scale project that converted information from multiple mainframe databases into a centralized on-line system. The documentation detailed the procedures for adding/updating securities, maintaining account information, managing purchase/sales tickets; and monitoring performance.
Confidential Developed a Policies and Procedures Manual for the Information Technology Department, establishing the department’s policies and procedures for software, computers, and telecommunications equipment.