- Senior Technical Writer with broad and deep experience in financial services, trading software documentation, intranet information for financial professionals, adult training videos, user guides, instructional design, graphic materials, technical marketing and trade publications. Fortune 50 Consultant with over 20 years experience in diverse industries: financial, computer systems and software, IT operations, manufacturing and aerospace.
- Former Financial Advisor with Series 7 license and Options coursework and experience.
- Proven abilities in product planning, new product launches, and creating strong, interactive working relations between management, consultants, technical professionals, and vendors to ensure project/program success. Sound business judgment and the ability to integrate product development efforts with marketing objectives. Excellent problem-solving skills and ability to work independently with new development technology projects.
Confidential, CT Technical Writer/Instructional Designer, Technology
- Wrote procedures for complex database system based on Oracle Siebel 8.0, including Sales, Customer Relationship, Hotel, Event, and Revenue Management and Reporting. Training guide for MicroStrategy Reports.
- Participated in Agile Scrum development process managed by McKinsey Consultants
- Design team member responsible for creating, testing, and maintaining software procedures of over 100 video simulations in Captivate.
- Developed and maintained PowerPoint presentations in support of Training Department rollout to 30 global properties.
- Event, and Revenue Management and Reporting. Training guide for MicroStrategy Reports.
- Working with SME’s, produced procedures and Powerpoint slides for facilitator and user guides, laboratory exercises, and job aids.
- Web delivery via SCORM compliant Cornerstone Learning Management System. User guide for LMS.
- Document management via Sharepoint/Office 365.
Confidential -NY, NY
- Communications support for global rollout of new Windows 7, Microsoft Office 2010, and Communicator internet phone and video rollout for global investment bank of 65,000 desktop PC users. Member of Agile global team with extensive use of Sharepoint, MS Office Communicator, Powerpoint, and advanced Excel spreadsheets. In support of intranet marketing strategy, created how-to videos and corporate emails.
- In support of Global Service Desk Self Service Intranet Portal, researched and wrote interactive web information and Knowlegebase articles for technical article index of over 2000 articles.
Confidential Jersey City, NJ
- Created training videos and user guides for major release of Net X360 system for financial professionals, including trading systems, proposals, accounts, investment models, block trading and rebalancing, order management. Team leader for over fifty video simulations using Camtasia, Snagit and Captivate for On Demand delivery to global client base of Financial Advisors, including Citigroup and JP Morgan Chase.
- Supported NetX360 project online help, task reference procedures, user guide, and release notes with Acrobat and Visio.
- Member of Multimedia training team and QA testing team
- Wrote, created, and produced one dozen videos in Adobe Captivate for web delivery to top level investment professionals worldwide. Sharepoint delivery to web. Remote classroom delivery via WebEx.
- Wrote procedures for proprietary equity systems business applications: Enterprise Reporting, Portfolio Management Station, and Interactive Query Excel applications for investment professionals.
- Generated business reports from system-wide databases in Excel for management level reports.
Confidential NY, NY
Banking and Treasury Securities Division
- Wrote online Help documentation for global financial transaction software using functional specifications.
- Worked with subject matter experts, software development teams, user acceptance testing, and training groups, via virtual national meeting formats with multicultural developers, to quality test development software and recommend user interface design changes.
- Created Flash-based instructional simulations in video format for online Help delivery.
- Active role in software development lifecycle (SDLC), including design, development, testing, documentation and rollout. Projects included KYC (Know Your Customer), AML (Anti-Money Laundering), Pega Systems, eServe web delivery software for Treasury Services, including ACH (Automated Clearing House), Lockbox, and Funds Transfer applications. Software included RoboHelp, PaintShop Pro 9, WinZip, Microsoft Office Suite, Documentum, Lotus Notes, Sharepoint, and Visio.
- Exeter Capital Management - Charlton, MA Technical Writer Feb 2001-June 2007
- Worked on team interviewing vendors, developed and implemented software, systems and procedures for new company network and communications system.
- Developed marketing strategies and communications for 401K business clients, 403B municipal clients, and separate account clients.
- Designed, wrote, and published monthly market newsletter for firm’s clientele.
Confidential, Hartford, CT
- Researched financial investments and marketed them to public clients.
- Completed exams for Securities licenses: Series 7, 65, 63, 3, and Health /Life Insurance.
Confidential - New York, NY
Corporate Messaging Group
- Created and enhanced technical IT documentation of infrastructure, applications, processes and procedures, including user and technical reference guides and intranet documentation to support Microsoft Exchange/NT/Outlook rollout for global investment banking company with 8,000 employee users.
- Coordinated training for company-wide rollout of new Microsoft desktop software.
- Print and electronic documentation delivery. Converted user documentation from various formats to HTML for corporate intranet presentation. Designed intranet information and forms.
- Microsoft Exchange/Outlook and RightFax desktop faxing system, user guides for rollout of global corporate e-mail and electronic faxing systems.
- Dealt with major New York IT training vendors to customize course delivery.
- Planned course calendar and scheduled facilities.
- Monitored program with On-Track software and evaluated teachers and course content.
- Planned classroom renovations in World Trade Center complex.
- Software: Novell NT 4.0, network software, cc: Mail, Microsoft Office 95 and 97. Documentation software included MS Word 7.0, Pagemaker 6.0, Acrobat 3.0. Web software included Homesite HTML Editor. Graphics software included Corel Draw 6.0, Adobe Illustrator, Photoshop, and PaintShop Pro.
- Marketing Communications Consultant and Technical Writer for GE's New Business Venture Capital Group, designed and implemented complete product documentation and marketing materials, including technical trade articles and trade show booth design, which effectively introduced and disseminated information about a new highly complex industrial CAT-scanning system.
- Consulting Technical Writer for United Technologies, planned, researched and wrote two product maintenance manuals for UTC's new gas turbine generator application. Manuals contributed directly to international business development where clear, accurate documentation is required. Developed new procedure for new laser alignment method that resolved an engineering problem preventing installation of the generator.
- Technical Writer Consultant with Gerber Scientific, Inc. proposed and developed a new graphics scanning manual that solved significant customer problems in the advanced user of Gerber's graphics system. Carried project from research and testing to final writing and publishing. Uncovered and helped solve major software quality bug, resulting in quantum leap in overall system resolution/quality level. Prepared product support materials that resolved both human factors and input/output issues concerning the use of Gerber's graphics software product line.
- Technical Writer for Thermatool, Inc. designed and produced a complete set of product manuals in a revitalized, contemporary format for company's major product line. New format visual design was expanded to all company product lines and divisions. "New look" manuals were used to successfully close sales of several major systems in highly competitive bidding.
- While earning doctorate degree, taught audiovisual techniques and developed multimedia and programmed instructional materials for student teachers.