- Experienced technical writer and information engineer with over 13 years of experience developing technical and business process information.
- Passionate about usability, process improvement, innovation, and collaboration.
- Skilled at quickly learning new technologies and industries.
- Acknowledged for excellence in technical communications.
Consultant/Senior Technical Writer, Confidential, Montpelier, VT
- Create technical documentation for National Life Group as a vendor Consultant/Senior Technical Writer for Confidential . Manage client relationships, and work collaboratively in a multiple vendor environment.
- Create process flow diagrams using Microsoft Visio Premium 2010 to document the systems that comprise the insurance and annuity business at National Life Group.
- Develop schedules, content strategy, and time estimates for Project Managers before each documentation project.
- Collaborate with the Office of the CIO, Communications Lead, and the Delivery Manager to develop diagrams, presentations, internal email templates, newsletters, and internal deployment spreadsheets.
- Create content and organizational structure for SharePoint sites and wikis.
Senior Technical Information Engineer, Confidential, Portsmouth, NH
- Designed, created, and modified technical information appropriate for the intended audience, complying with all internal technical information standards and requirements.
- Lead writer for a 2 - writer team based in Hyderabad, India for our data modeling products. Managed writer capacity, mentored associate writers, and worked with product management, product marketing, user group liaisons, and development and QA leads. Successfully transitioned our team from waterfall documentation to agile, with 4-week sprints.
- Created the specifications, use cases, planning documents, and documentation roadmaps for use by cross-functional teams in Agile release planning and participated in all backlog grooming sessions.
- Received Confidential ’ Above & Beyond Award twice for achievements that align with the company’s four core values of respect for people, consistently innovate and advance, create amazing team spirit, and inspire customer loyalty.
- Published a blog review of an STC virtual conference on the STC Notebook site.
Product Analyst, Confidential, Pittsburgh, PA
- Managed the manufacturing, distribution, and licensing issues for our systems and event management and resource sharing solutions for mainframe platforms. Managed product enhancement requests, communicated product announcements, and maintained extensive knowledge about our product technologies. Worked closely with senior management in all departments.
- Reduced enhancement request backlog by two-thirds by organizing similar requests and setting up regular meetings to discuss the requests with senior management.
- Track Leader for opsXchange at CA World for 3 years for our systems and event management and resource sharing solutions. Collaborated with senior management and opsXchange user group officers to select the sessions and speakers for the conference at offsite meetings. Managed all logistics for over 75 presentations from start to finish including finalizing presentation title, abstracts, content, and hardware requirements. Worked with GIS to implement presentation room and product demo setups.
- Adobe Creative Cloud applications including Acrobat Professional, Captivate, FrameMaker, Illustrator, InDesign, Photoshop, RoboHelp
- Agile Scrum and Agile Kanban methodologies
- Content management
- IBM Rational Team Concert
- Intelligent content
- Microsoft Office 2010 (including Access)
- Microsoft SharePoint 2010
- Microsoft Visio Premium 2010
- Microsoft Windows
- QWS3270 Plus terminal emulation
- Single-sourcing content