Motivated, personable professional experienced in internal and external corporate communications, business development, and technical writing (10+ years), my talents are extremely transferable to any corporate, government, or non - profit communications division. Specifically, experienced in the telecommunications, software development, legal, internet design, engineering, government, energy, and medical industries
Flexible and versatile - able to maintain a sense of calm under pressure. Poised and competent with demonstrated ability to easily transcend personality differences. Thrives in deadline-driven environments. Excellent team-building skills. Continually revises documents to incorporate product updates/enhancements or modifications requested by customers and peers.
- Strategic and Crisis Planning
- Instructional Design
- 508 Compliance
- Social Media
- Project Management
- Web Content Editing
- Latin American Spanish
- Professional Presentations
CORPORATE COMMUNICATIONS/TECHINICAL WRITER
- Translates statistical and technical terms to layman's vocabulary for technical writing projects (manuals, reports, User Guides, Frequently Asked Questions, policy, technical presentations).
- Manages specification requirements during the software development life cycle.
- Successfully develops marketing/branding approach and materials to present a positive and consistent face to the stakeholder population.
- Serves as a liaison with the news media in coordination with the Assistant Secretary for Public and Intergovernmental Affairs; prepares fact sheets.
- Writes press releases, composes newsletter articles, and drafts congressional responses.
- Coordinates management of organization's website (blogs, team websites, SharePoint sites, Wiki sites) including writing and updating material, arranging for translations, adding links, and assisting with internal and external design and implementation.
- Drafts and edits vendor contracts, Memorandum of Understandings, and Data Transfer Agreements.
- Writes business initiatives and policies.
- Keeps internal and external stakeholders abreast of changes in business initiatives and participates in outreach events.
- Creates Strategic Communication Plans for technology and international business environments.
- Coordinates text/talking points and visual communication in executive leadership presentations, which has led to popular webinar presentations.
- Experienced in development of standard operating procedures and new user training.
- Proficient in copyediting and performing other professional editorial services.
- Creates initial draft of Release Notes for review; drafts Responses for Proposals (RFPs).
- Drafts marketing materials for community law firms and legal organizations.
- Documented and mapped business and technical processes and job tasks in text and graphic formats.
- Recommended process changes to improve efficiency.
- Launched a flourishing internship program, building strong partnerships within two weeks; 80% of Interns acquired permanency.
- Presented business development plans to law firms and legal organizations, which allowed for successful law program implementation.
- Confers with art personnel (proofing layout designs) prior to publishing business development materials.
- Collaborates with executives to ensure marketing alignment with business strategies and brand.
- Researches competitors' and prospective partners' activities; researches market trends; and utilizes research to develop appropriate written collateral and to develop suitable initiatives.
- Built a vendor network supported by 70% referrals.
- Creates partnerships between emerging markets and the United States.
- Researches case studies that speak to the concerns of key executives.
- Attends conferences and events to share and market business ideas.
- Collaborates with SMEs to gather insight for research.
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe Products
- Microsoft Project and Visio
- On-line Editing Tools
- SharePoint 2010