Over twenty years experience in the electronics, computer and mechanical equipment fields. This experience has included the following: aircraft and UAV systems, telecommunications, radar, satellite communications, mobile tactical communications systems (C3I), Network Help Desk operations, and software installation. Work on these systems has consisted of operation and maintenance, technical writing, test and evaluation planning, training course development, and project management.SKILLS:
- Project management
- Diagnostic testing
- Background in mechanical, high pressure air
- Test equipment operation
- and fluid systems
- Strong presentation skills
- Safety - oriented
- Employee training and development
- Staff leadership and motivation
- Proofreading and editing
- Microsoft Office w/Visio & Project
- Integrated Logistic Support Engineering
- Spreadsheet/Database development
Computer/Software Experience: Microsoft Office, Visio, WordPerfect Office, Designer graphics 4.0, Corel Draw, Windows 6.0 - Vista, FrameMaker 8.4, RoboHelp help file authoring tool, Adobe Acrobat, Captivate.PROFESSIONAL EXPERIENCE:
Engineering Writer, Ladson, SCResponsibilities:
I helped write five Mil-Spec Technical Bulletins (TBs) which provided installation instructions for equipment improvements to FPI's assortment of vehicles. I worked with a team of 2-3 other writers and a photographer. One TB involved installation of a complete replacement of the vehicle wiring harness which connected power & data to: Infrared headlights, dashboard panel/switch/gage lighting and data wiring for dash gages data input), interior white/red (day/night) lighting, taillight assembly, exterior lighting and auxiliary equipment power connectors. Instructions and photographs were included for removal and installation of vehicle parts such as engine, transmission, replacement of old dashboard, seats and safety harnesses, interior covering and padding, which covered the harness and also acted as foam protection and interior fire retardant.
Technical Writer, Dallastown, PAResponsibilities:
I worked with the ILS Engineer to write two updated equipment manuals for their Army customer. The two manuals, Cargo Bed Cover, Type IIIA1 and Type IVA1 Operator's, Unit, and Direct Support Including RPSTL (repair parts and special tools list) are written to Mil-Std 400051 (Army) and 38784 requirements as well as the following technical manual for BAE.
Sr. Technical Writer/Editor, Germantown, MDResponsibilities:
- I researched, wrote and edited the SkyWatcher and SkyRaider UAV Systems Manuals for the aircraft, ground stations and software overview.
- I researched, wrote and edited the Desert Hawk Systems Manual for a piloted system.
- I researched, wrote and edited the SkyRaider Pilot's Operating Handbook to FAA/GAMA specification requirements.
- I researched, wrote and edited help files for Proxy's SkyForce Distributed Management System software using RoboHelp.
- I provided logistics support and research on COTS equipment for use in the above systems, Created equipment/systems drawings using Microsoft Visio and Power Point for use in manuals and presentations.
- Assisted management in developing and editing business presentations.
Sr. Technical Writer, Columbia, MDResponsibilities:
I wrote documentation including: functional specifications, procurement specifications, test procedures and reports. Corvis Corporation designs and manufactures optical networking products.
Sr. Technical Writer, Bowie, MDResponsibilities:
- I wrote and edited the following documents: Software Installation Guide, Site Operating Guide and Technical Analyst Guide.
- The Software Installation Guide provides procedures for installing software at four Data Capture Sites for the 2000 Census.
- The Site Operating Guide and Technical Analyst Guide provide procedures for DCS Central Help Desk policy and system problem resolution.
- System network management and administration is accomplished with the aid of IBM's Tivoli Management network tools.
Technical Writer, Alexandria, VAResponsibilities:
I wrote Purchase Descriptions for the Lightweight Arctic Forward Area Refueling Equipment System and 21 Commercial Item Descriptions for Quick-Disconnect Cam-Lock Coupling Halves and Adapters (A-A-00A213 and A-A-00A213/1 - /21). I also wrote Military Performance Specifications for a number of hardware components and elastomeric items for potable water and petroleum product transportation. Established repair kit parts and components lists.
Sr. Technical Writer, Belcamp, MD
I wrote the Flight Crew Operators Manual for the Airborne Reconnaissance-Low Comint/Imint/ Multi-Function Aircraft, Army TM 1 1510-226-10. This included writing Initial Draft, Intermediate Draft and Final Draft copies and a final peer Validation review.
Sr. Technical Writer/Editor, Huntsville, ALResponsibilities:
- Designs and installs Integrated Electronic Security Systems (IESS) for the Army Corps of Engineers.
- Commercial manuals (including Hardware Analysis, Software Analysis, Software Operation manual for system Operators and Trainees Guide) written for the Army War College, Center for Strategic Leadership, Carlisle Barracks, PA.
- An Operator's Manual and Trainee's Guide were also written for similar systems at the Satellite Communications Center at Ft. Gordon, GA and the Comsec Depot Maintenance and Supply Center at Tobyhanna, PA, to meet each system's slightly different sizes and capabilities.
Sr. Technical Writer, Newington, VAResponsibilities:
- Developed the Tactical Water Distribution System Parts List (approx. 1200 parts), from the equipment's design drawing package. List was provided in disassembly order as was the design drawing package.
Communications Specialist (GS-12), Arlington, VAResponsibilities:
Responsible for assisting DoD activities in acquiring voice and data services and hardware from vendors in the National Capital Region. I managed twenty-two installation projects with a value of approximately 6.5 million dollars. I conducted design and equipment selection meetings with work center managers and vendor representatives as well as site surveys. Established equipment configuration for systems installed and where required, number of lines and layout for Premise Wiring and phone cable installation.
Senior Field Engineer, St. Inigoes, MDResponsibilities:
Researched and wrote the following manuals:
- OW-101/FSC Control Monitor Group Satcom System Operation and Maintenance Manual
- Tactical Weather System AN/TWS-( ) Operation and Maintenance Manual
- Contingency Communications Tactical Facility system Operation and Maintenance Manual
- Established/updated equipment lists for system configuration and ready spare parts requirements.
- I was Test Development Manager of the Combat Systems section of the Total Ship Test Program for the Oliver Hazard Perry Class Frigate new construction shipbuilding program.
- I supervised five people: an editor, a secretary, two technical writers and a graphic artist. Our group wrote and updated 65 system and equipment test procedures covering the following systems:
- Identification Friend or Foe (IFF) System
- Global Positioning System
- Communications Equipment and Systems
- Tactical Data System (Link-11)
- Single Audio System (SAS)
- Tactical Air Navigation (TACAN) System.
- Responsible for the operation, maintenance and repair of electronic communications equipment at a communications relay site for the DoD in South Korea.
- Operated and maintained 48 HF receivers, AUTODIN message center, encryption equipment, multiplexers, T-1 transceivers and international satellite communications links.
Electronics Technician - ETN-2 (SS) - E-5, New London, CTResponsibilities:
I served aboard USS Tinosa (SSN-606), New London, CT. As a Forward ET: I was responsible for operation, maintenance and repair of Radar, IFF, Navigation Satellite Receiver (GPS), Communications systems, cryptographic systems, Electronic Surveillance Measures systems, and periscope electrical and electronics adapter.