Over fifteen years experience in the electronics, computer and mechanical equipment fields. This experience has included the following: Aircraft and UAV systems, telecommunications, radar, satellite communications, mobile tactical communications systems (C3I), Network Help Desk operations, and software installation. Work on these systems has consisted of operation and maintenance, technical writing, test and evaluation planning, training course development, and project management.
- Project management
- Customer needs assessment
- Excellent problem solving skills
- Strong analytical skills
- Electronic Diagnostic testing
- Electronic systems analysis
- Familiar with a variety of mfr. specifications & standards, e.g. IEEE, SAE, SME, FAA, ATA, UL, ISO, CMMI, etc.
- Computer Skills
- Microsoft Office, Including Project and Visio
- Database Development
- Adobe RoboHelp
- Adobe FrameMaker
- Designer Graphics and Photoshop
- Adobe Acrobat and Captivate
Senior Technical Writer
Since about 90 million other Americans have lost their jobs and been displaced from the workforce, I have been writing resumes for myself and clients and helping others in internet job searches. Many of my clients are in skilled trades, but are not necessarily computer/internet savvy.
Confidential, Ladson , SC
- With FPI, I helped write Mil - Spec Technical Bulletins (TBs) which provided installation instructions for equipment improvements to FPI's assortment of vehicles.
- Worked with a team of 2-3 other writers and a photographer.
- One TB involved installation of a complete replacement of the vehicle wiring harness which connected power & data to: Infrared headlights, dashboard panel/switch/gage lighting and data wiring for dash gages data input), interior white/red (day/night) lighting, taillight assembly, exterior lighting and auxiliary equipment power connectors.
- Instructions and photographs were included for removal and installation of vehicle parts such as engine, transmission, replacement of old dashboard, seats and safety harnesses, interior covering and padding, which covered the wiring harness and also acted as foam protection and interior fire retardant.
Confidential, Dallastown , PAResponsibilities:
By coordinating with the ILS Engineer, we wrote two updated equipment manuals. The two manuals, Cargo Bed Cover, Type IIIA1 and Type IVA1 Operator's, Unit, and Direct Support Including RPSTL (Repair Parts and Special Tools List) are written to Mil-Std 400051 (Army) and 38784 requirements as well as the following technical manual for BAE.
I wrote Army Operation and Maintenance manuals, Including Operator's, Unit, Direct Support and RPSTL, for the Mine Resistant Ambush Protected (MRAP) program. Vehicles are four and six wheeled vehicles, with all-wheel drive capability.
Sr. Technical Writer/Editor
Confidential, Germantown , MDResponsibilities:
- SkyWatcher and SkyRaider UAV Systems Manuals for the aircraft, ground stations and software overview.
- Desert Hawk Systems Manual for a piloted system.
- SkyRaider Pilot's Operating Handbook to FAA/GAMA specification requirements.
- Help files for Proxy's SkyForce Distributed Management System software using RoboHelp.
- Provided logistics support and research on COTS equipment used in the above systems manuals.
- Photographed the aircraft and cockpit with digital camera for inclusion in various manuals and presentations.
- Created equipment and systems drawings for use in manuals and presentations using Visio and Power Point.
- Assisted management in developing and editing Power Point business presentations.
Sr. Engineering Writer
Confidential, Hunt Valley, MDResponsibilities:
Updated maintenance and illustrated parts breakdown manuals for the Washington Metropolitan Area Transit Admini-stration subway system. The project involved installation of new climate control equipment, refurbishment of door operating equipment, battery replacement and other items.
Sr. Technical Writer
Confidential, Alexandria, VAResponsibilities:
Authored a Purchase Description for the Lightweight Arctic Forward Area Refueling Equipment System and 21 Com-mercial Item Descriptions for Quick-Disconnect Cam-Lock Coupling Halves and Adapters (A-A-00A213 and A-A-00A213/1 - /21). Also wrote Military Performance Specifications for a number of hardware components and elastomeric items for potable water and fuel storage and transportation. Established repair kit parts lists.
Sr. Technical Writer Newington, VAResponsibilities:
- Developed the Tactical Water Distribution System Parts List (approx. 1200 parts), from the equipment’s design drawing package. List was provided in disassembly order.
- Authored the Multispectral Close Combat Decoy (MCCD) Operator's Unit & Direct Support Maintenance Manual, DEP 5-1080-202-13 with Illustrated Parts Breakdown.
- Authored the Multispectral Close Combat Decoy (MCCD) system Instructor's Guide & Student's Guide.