Experienced Technical Writer and Information Technology Analyst with over 15 years of administrative and technology work history. Very proficient in several software applications, including Adobe Acrobat Pro, Microsoft Project, SnagIt 10 and Visio. Strong oral and written communications skills with the flexibility to multitask. Works well independently or with a team.
Software: Windows 7/Vista, Microsoft Office Suite, SharePoint 2010, InfoPath, Adobe Creative Suite (Acrobat Pro, Dreamweaver, Flash, and Photoshop)
Database: Microsoft Access, PeopleSoft
Other: Customer Service, HTML/XHTML, Firefox, Mac OS X, Norton Utilities, Internet & Intranet Research
- Created and managed technical documentation projects and processes from inception through approval and delivery.
- Analyzed business requirements for large, complex projects to understand impacts to procedures across all lines of business, and accurately accounting for impacted procedures.
- Engaged other associates as required to facilitate cross - functional efforts within Procedure Management.
- Analyzed and researched processes, asked probing questions, followed up on gaps and verified information to produce high quality documentation, which are clear and accurate for the user.
Department Specialist 3 / Technical WriterResponsibilities:
- Created and managed technical documentation, flowcharts and specifications from creation through delivery prepared for federal and internal audit and review.
- Responsible for SharePoint administrative duties and management of the procedure repository.
- Met with systems analyst, SMEs and stakeholders to document process requirements.
- Conducted problem and audience analysis.
Information Technology Specialist IIResponsibilities:
- Supported all VCCS enterprise applications, which included all modules of PeopleSoft, Blackboard applications, online applications and registrations, proprietary software such as the Virginia Education Wizard, survey software, and all customizations put into place by the VCCS.
- Tested software functionality and different integration methods.
- Performed and managed SharePoint administrative duties (permissions, workflows, calendar, site creation) and created forms in InfoPath.
- Worked closely with software programmers to technically document the various processes to compile and produce student data reports utilizing PeopleSoft SIS applications.
- Responsible for development of critical technical & non-technical documentation associated with service level standards, best practices, business process, projects & web based content.
- Managed presentations to train employees on the use of online forms and applications.
Technical Writing ConsultantResponsibilities:
- Created and managed various forms of documentation supporting the quality system from inception through approval and final disposition.
- Managed SharePoint documentation repository, including some administrator duties.
- Created, edited and maintained technical Visio process work flows related to Quality Assurance and Compliance policies and procedures.
- Met with SME’s, Compliance and Quality Assurance personnel to document requirements according to company policy.
- Created, posted, replaced, or removed Adobe Acrobat versions of system documentation and Microsoft templates of approved forms.
Senior Technical WriterResponsibilities:
- Documented complex CHC specific system administration and operating procedures.
- Trained and supervised junior Technical Writer during implementation of NPI project.
- Responsible for facilitating meetings with system developers/owners when creating, editing and maintaining complex systems documentation.
- Tested software functionality for implementation of NPI project.
- Tracked milestones and projects utilizing Microsoft Project.
- Met with system programmers, SMEs and project managers to document requirements.
- Developed and edited flowcharts for the NPI project utilizing Visio.
Information Technology ConsultantResponsibilities:
- As Webmaster, managed and updated departmental intranet website utilizing MS FrontPage and HTML.
- Generated reports using data extracts from the Virginia Medicaid Management Information System (VaMMIS).
- Provided basic IT support to the staff of the Division of Health Care Services.
- Compiled spreadsheets and reports for weekly and monthly submissions.
- Reviewed, edited and analyzed various data sources, utilizing MS Excel, Oracle and MS Word.
Administrative and Office Specialist III (P14)Responsibilities:
- Provided executive support for implementation, administration, and maintenance of database and spreadsheet programs.
- Analyzed financial transactions for conformity with procedures and regulations.
- Process payments utilizing the eVA system.
- Created and managed technical documentation relating to blueprints and plans for various road projects.
- Maintained various equipment and personnel reports utilizing FMS II.
- Reviewed, edited and created correspondence, presentations, reports, and ensured consistency with VDOT documentation protocols.
- Responsible for monitoring all activity in accounts to ensure compliance with firm, federal and exchange regulations.
- Ensured timely receipt of money or securities to settle account transactions.
- Identified and issued calls for additional money or securities in margin accounts.
- Ensured that calls for additional money or securities are met within regulatory time frames.
- Monitored market movement and its impact on margin accounts.
- Utilized MS Project to coordinate project activities and deadlines within the planning process with project managers and supervisors of the Technical Help Desk and Brokerage Operations Support departments.
- Ensured all associates adhered to compliance of Wachovia standards and regulations.
- Data analysis of monthly reports, including P&L, Overtime, Access Control and PTO review.
- Prepared confidential documents and reports utilizing MS Word and Excel for the Senior VP, used for budget and performance meetings.