Avanthi is an Information Technology Specialist with over six years of professional experience in WebSphere Administration. She possesses extensive experience in Installation, Configuration Administration, Maintenance and Troubleshooting WebSphere Process Server and WebSphere Application Server (WAS). She is highly knowledgeable in web services, Java messaging services and J2EE technologies. She is highly skilled at communicating technical and non-technical information.
- Over six years of experience in WebSphere Application Server System Administration and Production Support of various platforms Sun Solaris, AIX5L, Linux and Windows environment IBM HTTP Server, Apache Tomcat, iPlanet
- Installation, configuration and system administration for WebSphere Process Server, Websphere Application Server 5.0/5.1/6.0/6.1 (WAS) on UNIX and Windows platforms.
- Extensive experience in Configuring, Migrating, Administering of WebSphere Process Server, WebSphere Application Server4.0/5.0/6.0, IBM HTTP Web Server, IIS, Apache Web Server in Solaris8/AIX5Land Windows NT/2003/2000
- Used Tivoli Performance Viewer (TPV), ITCAMS (IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager) for monitoring the performance of the servers.
- Expertise in migrating existing application code from current version to a new version using pre-upgrade and post-upgrade tools.
- Excellent working knowledge in implementing LDAP security models using Tivoli Directory Server, Microsoft Active Directory.
- Implemented single sign-on between various servers, cells using IBM Tivoli Access Manager
- Excellent knowledge in Web Server administration, which includes installation, configuration and troubleshooting of IBM HTTP Servers, Apache and plug-in configuration
- Well versed in different stages of implementing the Work Load Management (WLM) using cloning and clustering including horizontal clusters and vertical clusters and creation of nodes.
- Experienced in regular day to day administration tasks like deployments, updates and plug-in regeneration.
- Experience in IBM Websphere Horizontal and vertical clustering.
- Experience in Shell scripting (bash, ksh) including JACL, WSCP to automate administration batch jobs including backing up WebSphere Admin repository.
- Work closely with Project manager, development, testing and production team to align project deliverables, dates and report issues/concerns.
- Expertise in working on PMR (Problem Management Record) with IBM support.
- Experience in working with IBM Support Assistant (ISA)
- Experience in installing, configuring and maintaining Edge Servers to load balance the web servers.
- Experience in setting up queues, connection factories to support MQ calls and configuration.
- Experience in Administering WebSphere MQ
Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science
IBM Certified System Administrator-Web Sphere Application Server V6.0.
Operating Systems: IBM AIX 4.3.3/4.5/5.2/5.3, SUN Solaris 8/9/10, LINUX (REDHAT), Windows NT/2003/2000 server, Windows XP/98/95.
Languages: Java, C, C++, HTML, XML, SQL, PL/SQL, UNIX Shell Programming.
Databases: ORACLE 10g/9i/8i, DB2/UDB 7.2/8.0, SQL Server, MS-Access.
J2EE/Web Technologies: Servlets, JSP, EJB, Eclipse, Java Script, XML, PHP and XHTML.
Applications: IBM WSAD 4.5/5.x, Web Sphere studio 5.0, MS Office, FrontPage,
WEB/APP Servers: IBM WebSphere Processs Server, IBM WebSphere Application Server 5.x/6.x, WSRR ( Web Services Registry And Repository) Apache Web Server 1.3/2.0, IIS, IBM HTTP Server 1.3.28//2.0.47/6.x, Rational Application Developer, WebSphere Edge Servers
Hardware: System Installation, Network, PC and Operating system Troubleshooting
Protocols: TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP/HTTPS, SMTP, IMAP, POP3, NIS, NIS+, NFS, DNS, DHCP, SOAP
Messaging technologies WebSphere MQ
Tools: ITCAMS (IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager), Humming
Bird Exceed (Xwindows), WinSCP, DBVisualizer
New York , Confidential, May 08 to Till Date
WebSphere Process Server/Application Server Administrator
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of WebSphere Process Server (WPS) and WebSphere Application Server in various environments (DEV, DVM, TEST, UTM, MOCK, PR)
- Provided WebSphere Process Server, WebSphere Application Server, Web Server and Edge server Administration
- Installed and Configured SCA (Service Component Architecture) Application Cluster, Common Event Infrastructure Cluster and Messaging Clusters for the WebSphere Process Server SOA environment
- Worked with the database team to create the required databases and users for the WebSphere Process Server (WPRCSDB, MEDB, BPEDB, CEIDB) in various environments (DEV, DVM, TEST, UTM, MOCK, PR)
- Configured Global Security and Administrative Security
- Installed IBM Tivoli Directory Server, Configured users and mapped the administrative roles to the user groups for console administration.
- Configured response file for silent install of WebSphere Base and Network Deployment.
- Configured WPS/WAS Global Security using Tivoli Directory Server as a LDAP user registry.
- Installed and Configured IBM HTTP Server on managed and unmanaged nodes, and installed plugin to route the request the to application server cluster environment
- Installed and Configured Load Balancer to remove SPOF on WebServer
- Secured the communication channel (SSL) between Client and WebServer, WebServer Plug-in and Web Container.
- Used iKeyMan utility to extract certificates from key stores and imported them into trust store files of Application server cells and Web Servers. Also, worked with reinstating expired third party certificates like VeriSign certificates.
- Configured the Dynamic Cache services on the web container
- Deployed SCA (Service Components Architecture) applications to WPS and j2ee applications to Websphere Application Servers and maintained applications.
- Migrated websphere application server applications from version to version in development, unit test staging and production environments.
- Used AST (Application Server Toolkit) for editing the EAR with latest build dates and change the context root.
- Generated http plug-in configuration and moved it the web servers.
- Worked with the network team to define rules for IP Load Balancing.
- Configured Workload Management (WLM) using clusters.
- Configured replication domains and defined database/memory persistence for the failover.
- Configured WebSphere resources like JDBC, J2C and JMS.
- Configured WebSphere MQ resources to applications inside the cell to exchange SOAP/JMS messages with WebSphere MQ based applications.
- Configured Virtual Hosts in WebSphere and IHS to provide application isolation.
- Worked with Business Process Choreographer Explorer to administer Business Processes and Human Tasks that are running on process server cluster
- Worked with Business Rules Manager to dynamically edit the business rules.
- Performance tuned the WebSphere Environment by configuring caching, queuing, pooling, JVM parameters and Problem determination using Tivoli performance viewer (TPV).
- Worked on problem tickets (PMRs) with IBM to find effective solutions to various problems and performance issues. Worked on WebSphere system related system work (patches, fixes).
- Executed load testing and performance testing and fine tuned database
- Worked on troubleshooting Java applications using WAS logs, traces, Log Analyzer, Resource Analyzer/Tivoli Performance Viewer/ ITCAMS (IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager).
Environment: IBM WebSphere Process Server, IBM WebSphere 5.x / 6.x, IBM HTTP Server 6.x/1.3 / 2.0, WebSphere MQ, ITCAMS (IBM Tivoli Composite Application Manager), AIX, Windows NT/2003, DB2UDB 8.0/9.0, SQL Server 2000, Tivoli Directory Server, Java 2.0, Jython, Jacl, perl scripting.
Confidential, Jan 07 – Apr 08
- Installation and configuration of number of WebSphere Application Servers 6.0 instances on development, QA and production environment on AIX.
- Installation of multiple IBM WebSphere Application Server V6.0 instances, multiple Deployment manager instances.
- Created the cluster members using the server template.
- Installing fixpacks and fixes, federating Node to the Deployment Manager.
- Installed the TAM components Tivoli Directory server, policy server, authorization server and webseal and configured for SSO.
- Developed UNIX shell scripts that automate the WebSphere Administration (recycling the application server, deploying customer applications, logs rotation, monitor applications state, etc.)
- Enable global security for application servers and applications using Single Sign on (SSO) by LTPA mechanism on Tivoli Directory Server LDAP User Registry.
- Configured WebSphere resources like JDBC, J2C and JMS.
- Configured MQ resources, Queues, Connection factories for based communication
- Strong experience in Analyzing, Trouble shooting and taking appropriate actions for Application/Web server errors and logs using WebSphere Log Analyzer tool.
- Configured and setup Secure Sockets Layers (SSL) for data encryption and client authentication.
- Assisting the application owner with questions about installation packages, assisting operations staff with questions about the execution of a change request, and maintaining operational procedures and tools for managing the WebSphere environment.
- Worked with Application Development Team to help migration and integration of their applications.
Environment: AIX, IBM WebSphere Application Server 5.0/6.0, WebSphere MQ, TAM for e-business, JDBC, Oracle 10g
Confidential,IL Mar 06 – Dec 06
- Installed Configured and maintained IBM WebSphere Application Server 5.x/6.x on AIX /Linux/Windows2003/Sun Solaris
- Involved in migration of the applications from WebSphere 5.x to 6.0 and worked closely with development team. Applied Refresh packs, fix packs and cumulative fixes for WebSphere, IHS and plug-in
- Worked on Jython scripts to administrate WebSphere configuration
- Created various requests for all Administrative tasks like WebSphere MQ Queue Connection Factories, Queue Destinations, Listener ports, Resource Adaptors, URL Providers for WAS Group and other Groups
- Provided solutions for clustering at Web Server and WebSphere areas. Worked on Horizontal and Vertical clustering methods providing fail over, effective load balance scenarios and efficient utilization of system resources
- Worked closely with other teams providing Web Server load balancing mechanisms
- Involved in enabling WebSphere global security using Local OS and LDAP/LTPA mechanism, SSL configuration and Ordering digital certificates for Pre-prod and Prod environments
- Good working experiences with Session Management, creating replication domains for session persistence (Memory to Memory replication) using client server methodology. Used WebSphere backup and restore scripts for backing up WebSphere repository
- Worked closely with developers to define and configured application Servers, Virtual Hosts, Web Applications, Web resources, Servlets, JDBC drivers and Servlet Engines-as well as deployment of EJBs across multiple instances of WebSphere
- Deploying the applications on clusters, updating the installed applications and updating Web Server plug-in configuration using administrative console as well as Jacl scripts
- Used IBM Tivoli Performance Viewer to monitor the health of various applications
- Managing and Monitoring the JVM performance by WebSphere Heap Size, garbage collection, JDBC Pools Responsible for Architectural Design, Implementation and periodic testing and support of Web Environments with respect to High Availability and Disaster Recovery
- Assembled and Deployed the application in staging, in productions, following change management practices and 24/7 support, worked in shifts.
Environment: AIX, IBM WebSphere Application Server 5.0/6.0, WebSphere MQ, JDBC, Oracle 10g, IBM DB2
Confidential, Jan 04 – Feb 06
- Installed, configured, administered and supported WebSphere Application Server 5.0
- Maintenance of the WebSphere Application Servers on different UNIX platforms and setting up the development and testing and staging environment for the on going application development
- Debugging of the application problems while developing and testing the application
- Installed and configured IBM HTTP Server.
- Involved in day-to-day trouble shooting for the end users on Sun Solaris based applications.
- Created user roles and groups for securing the resources using local operating system authentication.
- Used IBM Edge Server and Network Dispatchers for load balancing.
- Implemented security using LTPA for Tivoli Directory Server as an LDAP Server
- Involved in trouble shooting and Performance tuning using Resource analyzer and log analyzer
- Used Resource Analyzer and Log Analyzer for performance tuning and troubleshooting
- Responsible for Support and reliable maintenance of the applications running on Sun Solaris production Environment
Environment: Web Sphere Application server 5.0, Apache Web Server, Java, J2EE, Oracle , Java, EJB, Java Servlets, JSP and Solaris.