- 14 years of IT industry experience with six years of extensive experience in planning, installation and administration of IBM WebSphere MQ, WebSphere Message Broker and MQ Workflow on AIX, HP - UX, Solaris, OS/390, AS/400, Windows 2000 and Windows XP.
- Highly experienced in designing, administering, developing and deploying message infrastructure/architectures using WebSphere MQ and WebSphere Message Broker.
- Ability to analyze, design, develop, test and implement system and procedures that optimize time, effort and resources.
- Experience in installation, configuration, development and management of enterprise applications using WebSphere Application Server 3.5/4.0/5.0/6. x/7.
- Installation, configuration of three-tier Workflow configuration with database and MQ Workflow servers on AIX boxes.
- Development of MQ Workflow configurations for development, test and stage environments.
- Experienced in developing solutions for high availability, load balancing, disaster recovery and configurations to eliminate single-point of failure.
- Experienced in designing and developing Workflow management solutions using MQ Workflow.
- Experienced in collecting and documenting system, functional, design requirements and specifications.
- Experienced in integrating mainstream relational database, DB2/UDB, Oracle & Microsoft SQL Servers.
- Working knowledge in ESQL, SQL, Perl, Java, C and experience working with J2EE developers.
- Experienced in writing shell scripts to automate administration tasks.
- Proven track record in providing integrated solutions in desperate platforms and heterogeneous environments.
- Highly motivated, self-directed, strong troubleshooting (24/7) and excellent communication skills.
WebSphere Family: WebSphere MQ 5.3/6.0/18.104.22.168/7, WBIMB V5, V5.3 (WMQI), WBI MB 6.0, 6.1 MQ Workflow 3.5, 3.6 SP6 and WBI Workbench 4.2x (formerly Holosofx).
Operating Systems: AIX Sun Solaris, Linux, OS/390, AS/400, Windows NT/2000/2003/XP.
Databases: DB2, Oracle, Sybase, SQL Server, MS Access.
Tools: HP Service center, Nastel Autopilot, M6 APWMQ Explorer, Tivoli/Candle Omegamon, MQ MON, MQ Channel Security Exit support Pac, MS0E Support Pac, MS6B Support Pac.
Scripting Languages: Shell, Batch, Perl XML, HTML, DHTML.
Languages: ESQL, C, Java, SQL, PL/SQL, Visual Basic.
Protocols: TCP/IP, FTP, SMTP, SOAP, POP and HTTPS.
Application Servers: WebSphere Application Server 3.5,4.0,5.0,6.x, 7, Portal Server, WebLogic Server, JBoss.
Integration Development/Support Manager
Confidential , Philadelphia, PA
- Design the Message Sets, Message Flows to encapsulate the business logic using IBM Nodes and ESQL. Business Logic includes Data Transformation (COBOL to XML and vice versa, handling Fixed Records (CWF), TDS, and XML.
- Extensively used HTTP nodes (Http Request and Http reply)
- Use SOAP Input node, SOAP Reply node and SOAP Request node to expose WebServices,
- Use Database Node from Message flows to perform lookup and make the code scalable.
- Work extensively in transforming TDS message formats on MRM to CWF.
- Use Destination List to send transformed messages to Multiple Output Queues.
- Develop and implement release processes to standardize the development process including release sequence, coding standards and code reviews.
- Maintain/Support existing MQ Environment (MQ /WMB).
- Involved in setting up a new QA environment by creating and managing the Nodes, Application Servers, and Clusters for Load Balancing and Fail Over.
- Implement transactional micro-flows and business process logic to integrate with web services and queues
- Worked with Security team for possible security threats to WebSphere Platform and configured Web servers to their recommendations.
- Design & develop LDAP Authentication & Authorization Service using Java, LDAP, and JNDI.
- Monitor application log files, MQ Server Performance, and tuning for DB Pool connections.
- Perform WebSphere configuration, backup and restoration tasks (by using backupConfig, restoreConfig commands etc).
- Work with Heap Analyzer, Thread Analyzer in analyzing heap dumps and java cores.
- Involved in configuring the WebSphere load balancing utilizing WebSphere Workload Management including horizontal scaling, vertical scaling, creating dynamic clusters, setting up node groups and application versioning in WebSphere MQ environments.
- Problem determination using log file, managed complex environments for the customer IT environments from a software support perspective for IBM WebSphere MQ Server on both UNIX and windows platforms.
- Installed and configured IBH HTTP Server and iPlanet web servers, WebSphere MQ servers and back-end data servers to create end-to-end web services.
- Provided load/stress, Performance testing and trouble shooting on issues such as Out of Memory, 100% CPU Usage, hung Thread sessions, session replication, JVM Crashes
- Experience with LDAP, SSO (Single Sign On), Web Agent configuration, Netegrity Siteminder, VIPs (Virtual IP address), Content Smart Switch functionality in complex clustered environment
- Work with QA Team for Load Tests and Performance tests and identified the bottlenecks of the applications
- Develop and supported application solutions to meet client requirements delivered through a WebSphere Portal based intranet.
- Develop Python scripts for synchronization of load test clients and parameterization with test data
- Responsible for applying patches and fixes to WebSphere 6.x to bring it up-to-date.
- Deployed application ears on WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment in QA, Staging and given support to Production environments on a Trouble ticket system, and troubleshoot various configuration and application issues.
- Experience with various procedures and policies required for escalation and outage resolution with Strong documentation skills.
- Involved in troubleshooting applications in various clustered environment and analyzing logs to diagnose problems.
- Managing and Monitoring the JVM performance byWebSphereHeap Size, garbage collection, JDBC Pools.
- Worked as a part of team in performance testing and monitored the performance of all the application before moving on to production environment.
- Opened PMRs with IBM and worked with them closely as a part of troubleshooting efforts.
- Work as a part of 24/7 on-call support for production and non-production environments.
Confidential, Wilmington, DE
- Migrated Websphere MQ Versions 5.3 and 6.0 and MQ Series Integrator Versions 5.0 and 6.0 and also involved in migrating MQ from V6.0 to V7.0 and MQSI V6.0 to V6.1
- Applied Refreshpack/Fixpacks/EFixes as required decreasing vulnerability
- Involved in the maintenance of the WebSphere MQ/ Message Broker/ Workflow on different platforms and setting up the development, testing and production environments
- Involved in installing, configuring and administering WebSphere MQ/WBI Message Brokers on various platforms, installed and configured WBI Config Manager and Message Brokers on Windows & AIX
- Install WAS binaries, create profiles, Federate nodes, create cluster and deploy applications.
- Configure resource like data source, queue connection factories, Tuning jvm heap size, check log levels.
- Designed, configured & maintained extensive Message Broker Domain network for Production/QA/Test Regions with appropriate Execution groups, Message sets and Message flows.
- Providing 24/7 on-call support for appteam/ data center personnel.
- Collected Broker statistics for performance monitoring and capacity planning.
- Automated creating MQ objects (queues, queue managers, channels) for MQ Users.
- Installed PVCS Repository for code management and version control.
- Identifying the need for and defining Queue Managers, Clusters, Channels and Queues.
- Recommended and implemented cross cluster communication solution with very minimal dependency on fail over MQ objects.
- Proposed naming conventions, guidelines & standards for Queue Managers, MQ Objects names.
- Actively involved in support of WebSphere MQ & WBI Message Broker infrastructure in Production/QA/Test regions, shared support responsibilities with other members of the team.
- Developed MQ Objects Prototypes to maintain large WMQ infrastructure from single point using Autopilot Enterprise Manager.
- Designed & Implemented Backup/Disaster recovery environment & procedures for Mission Critical Systems, SAVE Queue Manager.
- BlockIP installation and configuration.
- Wrote various administration procedures for MQ Support team to use, QMGR exclusion.
- Involved in planning & migration MQ infrastructure on AIX, HP-UX, HP- Itanium, Solaris platform.
- Conducted load tests to benchmark MQ/Message Broker infrastructureâ€™s message handling capacity and determined average number of messages processed per second.
- Implemented horizontal and vertical scaling of Websphere Application Server (WAS) in a workload managed cluster. This has involved modeling and cloning (now called server groups and cloning) services in WAS 6.
- Involved in advanced performance monitoring and tuning of both WebSphere MQ and WBIMB on AIX, Solaries operating system.
- Configured AIX- HACMP cluster to keep application running, restrain it on a back up server.
- Installed WebSphere Application Server (6.0) on Solaris and AIX Platform.
- Wrote scripts to automate administration tasks using Shell and Batch scripts.
- Worked closely with DB2, AIX, Sybase, Windows support teams during WebSphere MQ and WBI Message Broker builds.
- Trained data center personnel to handle recycles, OVO alerts proactively
- Worked closely with application developers on various aspects of MQ and Message Brokers.
Global WebSphere Administrator
Confidential, West Chester, PA
- Supported IBM Websphere MQSeries and Message Broker running on UNIX/Linux, Mainframe, Windows and VMS systems.
- Responsible for support of 400 Queue Managers, 8 Brokers, 700 Message Flows, applications in C/C++ and Java, as well as scripts in PERL, JCL, UNIX shell and Windows command languages. Trained and mentored new personnel in skills needed for operations support.
- Lead enhancements to the existing integration architecture based on IBM Websphere MQSeries and Message Broker to enable Services Oriented Architecture.
- Established repository for integration best practices, interface requirements and message flow development. Formulated a strategy for global interface development and created an interface factory to streamline integration coding.
- Defined a training program for developers and end-users of the architecture. Rolled out new architecture to Project Managers and their teams. Improved code reuse through SOA to reduce cost of integration development by 20% and reduce development time by 15%.
- Established global integration processes and created common approach across multiple platforms using PERL, JCL, UNIX shell, Windows command language and Websphere MQSeries API. Trained support personnel in global process and created a global knowledge base of best practices. Improved response time to problems by 15% while reducing support costs by 30%.
- Initiated a project to eliminate single points of failure within the global integration landscape and make all critical systems fault-tolerant. Utilized Websphere MQSeries Clustering as well as hardware based solutions to achieve high availability. Increased critical system availability from 80% to over 90%. Fault-tolerant services have been continuously available for over three years.
- Published regular metrics on system availability, development costs, support costs, ITIL performance and system utilization to inform stakeholders and challenge team members to continuously improve performance.
- Consulted with Price-Waterhouse-Coopers to have all global systems audited for compliance to security best practices. Established process for regular security reviews and accountability for issue resolution.
- Managed a global project to improve ITIL service management with emphasis on recurring problems and critical incidents. Reduced outstanding problem tickets by 80% while reducing average resolution time from over 30 days to less than 14 days. Improved work order on-time performance from 75% to over 95%. Reduced critical incidents by 65% and reduced business impact by over 80%. Improved adherence to change control process from less than 50% to over 90%, also reducing number of emergency change requests by 40%.
- Key member of a disaster recovery exercise simulating total loss of a global data center. All fault-tolerant applications provided continuous service during the simulated outage. Demonstrated that all critical applications could be restored within 24 hours from time disaster recovery plan was implemented. Based on further simulations during the exercise, all secondary applications are expected to be available with 48 hours and remaining applications available within 5 days
- Architect of integration systems rolled out during re-engineering of Mars, Inc. from a local/regional focus to a single global set of applications supported in global redundant data centers. Led team to develop and implement integration architecture between global systems and support migration from legacy applications to global solution.
- Established an Enterprise Service Bus based on Websphere MQSeries and Websphere MQ Integrator (later rebranded to Websphere Message Broker) to integrate data across multiple platforms, including Mainframe, UNIX/Linux, Windows, VMS and others. Developed system for Mainframe integration using JCL, Websphere MQSeries API, Websphere MQSeries Triggering and OPC.
- Utilized Websphere MQSeries COA/COD messages to provide proactive monitoring for the Enterprise Service Bus. Created self-service tools to allow end-users to verify status of data transfers.