- Around 8+ years of expertise in installation, configuration, and administration of WebSphere Application Server ND (Network Deployment) 6.x/7.x/8.x, IBM HTTP Server, Apache Web Server on AIX, Linux.
- Experience in installation, configuration and administration of IBM BPM 8.5, WBM, and PFS.
- Experience in Administration, Trouble shooting and Production Support of various J2EE applications on AIX, Linux and Windows environments.
- Good understanding in system architecture (firewall, load balancing).
- Involved in design, implementation and configuration of WebSphere Clusters.
- Experience with using the wsadmin utility to administer a WebSphere environment.
- Extensive expertise on Tivoli Performance Viewer and CA Wily Introscope for monitoring and tuning purposes.
- Fix Pack installations, daily backups, and log archival and other tasks using shell scripts.
- Proficient in SSL concepts and secured several Web Servers, J2EE containers with SSL mutual Authentication and PKI (Public Key Infrastructure).
- Extensive experience in JVM performance tuning by analyzing heap and thread dumps.
- Created JDBC Providers, Data sources, and JAAS authentication aliases in order to provide Connectivity to Oracle, DB2.
- Hands on experience in deploying implementing, testing and support of full life cycle implementations of various J2EE/Internet/Intranet and distributed applications
- Global security configuration for WebSphere Application Server and LDAP.
- Involved in migrating the applications from WAS 7.x to WAS 8.x
- Worked with IBM on several PMR’s for issue like out of memory, high CPU usage, WAS console issues, local service daemon issues and collecting the trace logs, must gather logs, heap and thread dumps.
- Collaborated with operating system, network and database administrators to define platform requirements and measure performance.
- Experience in following support procedures, receiving live calls from customers and taking on - call shifts. Opened PMR’s with IBM to resolve mission critical problems.
- Supported L1/L2 and offshore teams for problem Determination through the log files and rectified the problems or interacting with IBM support to solve problems
- Experience in 24X7 on-call production support and troubleshooting problems related to Web Servers, WebSphere Application Server, MQ and Database.
Languages/Scripting: UNIX Shell Scripting, Perl, SQL, XML, HTML.
Operating systems: IBM AIX, Linux (Red hat), Windows
Administration: Web Sphere Application Server 6.x/7.x/8.x,WPS,Tomcat, JBOSS, Apache, IBM HTTP server
Databases: Oracle 8i/9i/10g/11g, DB2, SQL Server, Sybase, Teradata.
Tools: BladeLogic, BMA, MSOffice, JProbe
- Installation, configuration of IBM BPM 8.5, WBM, PFS, Apache webservers.
- Hands on experience with configuration, administration and troubleshooting of different process flows in Business Process Choreographer, Process admin, Process Portal.
- Involved in migration of applications from BPM 7.5.x to 8.5.x
- Supported applications throughout the SDLC cycle with deployments, troubleshooting and releases.
- Implementation of Kerberos and siteminder at webservers and Kerberos at app servers tier.
- Worked on Leela to administer the infrastructure like start/stop of webservers/nodeagent/dmgr
- Installed/administer Splunk tool for logs and setting up alerts to monitor the infrastructure health like application servers/webservers availability, disk memory, CPU usage.
- Created dashboards for long running threads, http status 500, number of active users, top errors in systemout logs, heap usage and CPU usage.
- Installed App Dynamics to monitor application server memory utilization, CPU usage, end to end flow of all business transactions, database call, web service calls, JMS calls.
- Troubleshooting production and test environment issues with help of App Dynamics using ‘drill down of snapshots available for every business transaction’
- Configured Autosys jobs for DE restarts and automated scripts for maintaining the health of the environment.
- Created tickets for DB2 team for creating the BPM product database tables, schema.
- Administer DB2 using db2ts for running SQL statements, granting access to tables, increase table size, check deadlocks, create roles.
- Created Autosys jobs for DB2 runstats/reorgs for maintaining health of product database
- Involved in developing an automated script for deploying ears/process apps/migrating instances between snapshots/deleting process instances from BPC.
- Supported Production releases and seamless communication with other teams for smooth going of release
- Installation Fix packs for keeping the product up to date and applied patches based on IBM recommendations for PMR’s we opened.
- Worked closely with IBM and application teams at times of production outages and made sure that production is BAU.
- Managed off shore team and provided technical KT’s regarding the BPM product.
- Provided on call support for sev1/sev2 issues.
- Installed and Configured WebSphere Application Server ND 8.x, Apache, http server and WebSphere Portal Server 7.x/8.x on Linux.
- Involved in applying Fix Pack for WAS 7.X and WebSphere Portal 7.x in our entire server estate
- Addressing the Security vulnerabilities like POODLE, TLS padding, and information leakage via content handler request manipulation by applying the patches provided by IBM.
- Involved in Evergreen project for migrating few applications from WAS versions 5.x/6.x to WAS 8.x.
- Discussions with application team for understanding the application flow, designing the WebSphere architecture and getting the requirements from app team in form a run book.
- Reaching out to database, MQ teams for configuring the resources on WAS and
- Involved in LDAP objects creation and enabling global security in WAS/WPS.
- Opening the DNS, Firewall, F5 requests for the new WAS 8.X environments and worked closely with these teams at the time of production crisis calls.
- Involved in load testing and performance testing of application in pre-prod environment. Collected log traces, CPU usage stats, heap dumps, thread dumps and shared them with application and responsible teams.
- Provided extensive support in building, deployment, and change management, application level troubleshooting for DEV, TEST, PRE-PROD and PROD environments.
- Configured Wily, Patrol, Splunk for monitoring the applications and troubleshooting.
- Involved in developing a single script for stop/start of WAS/IHS and Portal instances at the time of rebooting the server.
- Coordinated with Implementation plan team for production releases, change requests, rolling out hot fixes and took the ownership of monitoring WAS/IHS.
- Responsible for documenting the application configuration changes, upgrades and patches for WAS/IHS, updating the project tracker with all the information related to applications.
- Provided on-call support for all the applications, participated in root cause analysis (RCA), opened PMR’s with IBM and engaged other teams if needed on crisis calls.
- Installing, configuring, administering and supporting a complex SOA based WebSphere Application Server 184.108.40.206/8. x on Linux.
- Installation, configuration, performance management, maintenance and troubleshooting WebSphere components including WebSphere Application Server, IHS WebServer, WebSphere XD.
- Hands on work with various Webservers including IBM HTTP server and Apache.
- Installing of adapter drivers and configuration with applications on test and Production environments.
- Implemented horizontal and vertical clustering, Work load management (WLM) to make application highly available.
- Installing, Configuring and troubleshooting of WebSphere extreme scale in WAS 220.127.116.11 XD.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of performance monitoring tools like Wily Introscope.
- Maintenance of On Demand Routers and Dynamic Clusters to alleviate system resources and make the work flow smoother
- Configuration of JDBC drivers and data sources so as to make the WebSphere connect to the backend databases.
- Providing support to various stages of System Development Life Cycle (Development, Integration Testing, Performance Testing, Tech Testing, Pre-Prod and Production environments)
- Provided technical assistance for web hosting team on various application servers and Webservers including IBM HTTP server, Apache Webservers.
- Automation of daily tasks with the help of scripts and cron jobs.
- Used wasConfig and wasDeploy functionality of wsadmin utility for configuring the resources and for deploying the ear and war files.
- Configured the web-server interfaces (plug-in file), session management, virtual hosts, data sources, HTTP transports for Application Server instances and applications
- Applied software maintenance, program fixes and keeping the system software release current. (patches, cumulative fixes, security fixes)
- Performed tuning of WebSphere application server and IBM http server for optional performance based upon user load.
- Coordination with various teams including database, development and testing teams.
- Providing expertise to enhance Work load management to improve system performance and scalability
- Regular documentation of work done for future referral. Maintenance of Wiki pages.
- Providing technical solutions to application related problems and troubleshooting errors arising out of Java/J2EE applications
- On-call support as the need arises. Working with security issues
- Ordering SSL certificates from certificate authority (CAs) and Installation of certificates
- Responsible for deploying enterprise applications from Admin console and enabled security using LTPA and LDAP for admin console and application components
- Configured JVMs to use Wily Introscope. Also upgraded JVMs using Wily Introscope 7.x to use Introscope 8.x/9.x
- Configured and administered JMS resources for WebSphere MQ on WAS. Defined connection factories &JMS Queue destinations and used JNDI to bind them
- Providing knowledge transfer to team members, Upgrading the WebSphere system with fix packs and APARs
- Opening PMRs with IBM if needed and collecting core dumps and must gather logs for problem analysis.
- Worked on Thread Analyzer and Heap Analyzer
- Regular attendance to team meetings to discuss the progress of the project
- Worked on BMC Bladelogic tool to deploy applications and providing access to logs on application/web servers for the development and testing teams by creating components and component templates.
- Experience in creating batch jobs and scheduled jobs on BladeLogic.
- Hands on experience on tool BMA used to create clusters in large scale using a template.
- Installed third party tool uDeploy to install application, start/stop clusters and provided support.
- Supported few applications on Tomcat and worked on deploying the applications and configuring the jvm’s using property files.
- Strong in install and configuration of JBOSS, Tomcat for intranet applications including cluster environment for JBOSS with all configuration mode.
- Configured webagent on webservers for authentication purposes.
- Involved in triages with CA Siteminder, helped them to make changes to frame work templates, ACO parameters, enabling trace, and providing them logs.
- Supported request for change tickets for every month application releases.
- Exceptional organizational and communication skills
Environment: WAS 7.x/8.x, Oracle 10g/11g, DB2, wily Introscope, WebSphere MQ, AIX, LINUX, IBM HTTP, Apache webservers, Tomcat.
- Installed, configured and maintained IBM WebSphere Application server Network Deployment (ND)6.x/7.x, IBM HTTP and Apache WebServer.
- Highly involved in deploying, troubleshooting, maintaining and configuring J2EE applications in various environments like Dev, Integration, QA, Stress, UAT and Prod.
- Configured Sun One LDAP server and secured the application server using LDAP server.
- Involved in installation of fix packs, eFixes, and cumulative fixes.
- Involved in SSO implementations using CA Site Minder and Sun ONE LDAP Server.
- Troubleshooting on issues such as out of memory, memory leaks, hung sessions and session replication, federation of nodes and synchronization of nodes with NDM.
- Monitored for Application core dumps, or forced thread dumps to check for system objects using thread analyzer.
- Involved in Installation and configuration of WebSphere MQ and Wily Introscope.
- Installed and configured remote WebSphere plug-in for IBM HTTP Server. Manually updated plug-infiles for IHS servers located in DMZ.
- Designed WebSphere cells, Horizontal and Vertical clusters, and added new cluster members.
- Created Node groups.
- Configured WebSphere Workload Management (WLM) using horizontal and vertical scaling of WebSphere through a mechanism called as “Clustering of multiple JVMs” with independent Java Virtual Machine (JVM), for each clone.
- Involved in trouble shooting and Performance tuning using Resource analyzer and log analyzer.
- Deploying and migrating the application from DEV to TEST to QA to PROD and providing 24/7 on-call production support.
- Created JDBC Providers, Data sources, and JAAS authentication aliases in order to provide connectivity to Oracle, DB2.
- Installed, configured and administered the Tivoli Access Manager.
- Configured MDB listeners and ports for specific applications using message listener service.
- Constructed resources such as Queue Definitions, Queue Connections Factories, and Listeners in order to provide connectivity to Enterprise MQ infrastructure.
- Worked closely with IBM on problem determination, and resolution.
- Managed documentation of application configurations, business impact, deployment standards andprocedures, and installation standards.
- Performed root-cause analysis for Productions outages and provided management with root-cause analysis report.
Environment: WAS 6.X/7.0, Oracle 10g/11g, DB2, wily Introscope, SunOne LDAP, Websphere MQ, AIX, LINUX.
- Responsible for WAS, WebSphere MQ, Sun ONE Directory server installations across the Middle ware group.
- Created various MQ object definitions like Queues, Channels, and listeners.
- Configured Sun One Directory Server, CA e-trust Site minder administration.
- Experienced in trouble shooting SSO related issues.
- Experience in Installing and Configuration of IBM Http server and Tomcat.
- Maintained the web servers IHS, Sun ONE Web server including the web agent, HTTP plug in installation and configurations.
- Involved in major migrations such as WAS 5.1, 6.0 & 6.1 and WebSphere MQ 5.3 to 6.0.
- Installed and configured Tivoli Access Manager.
- Validated WebSphere MQ environment and identified WebSphere MQ resources to be protected using TAM.
- Gone through migration to Tivoli Access Manager for business integration.
- Experienced in driving the effort for applying WebSphere fix packs and application patch deployments.
- Automated WebSphere deployments using wsadmin, JACL, Jyothn.
- Preformed troubleshooting all the WebSphere specific issues in all the environments like DEV, QA, UAT and PROD. Provided 24/7 support for various J2EE applications.
- Add Fix packs and Cumulative Fix packs and migrate the versions of WebSphere application server5.0, 6.0, 6.1.
- Configured WebSphere admin console, Deployed new applications (.ear files) into different Application servers, and creating new application servers, and configure virtual hosts and node agents and nodes.
- Configured horizontal scalability of WebSphere through a mechanism called as “Cloning of multiple WebApps” with independent Java Virtual Machines-JVMs, for each clone.
- Constructed and enabled Global Security for the WebSphere Admin Console, and manage WebSphere variables, and tuning the performance.
- Checked the Wily Introscope messages from pagers, and troubleshooting the problems.
- Automated application install, uninstall and enhancements through Shell scripts.
- Installed, configured and maintained Internet, Intranet, Application and Database Servers like WebSphere, HTTP Server, and DB2 on diverse UNIX flavors that include AIX and Windows Platforms (NT/2000) in multi-clustered high availability environments.
Environment: WAS 6.X, Oracle 10g/11g, DB2, Teradata, SQLServer, wily Introscope, SunOne LDAP, Websphere MQ, AIX, LINUX.