- Seven years of Extensive experience in Installation, Administration, Configuration, Monitoring, Troubleshooting of WebSphere Application server(7.0/6.1/6.0/5.1), IBM HTTP Server, Apache, Version Control tools , open Source technologies on AIX , Linux, Solaris and Windows.
- Installed and Configured IBM WebSphere Application Server 5.x/6.x/7.x Network Deployment on various Operating Systems like Windows, AIX, Linux, Sun Solaris, Environments.
- Expertise in different UNIX platforms such as AIX 5.1/5.2/5.3, Sun Solaris 8/9/10 and Red hat 3.x/ Suse 9.x and Linux.
- Expertise in Installation, Configuration and Administration of IBM WebSphere Application Server 5.1/6.0/6.1, WebSphere MQ, WebLogic Application Server, WebSphere Message Broker, IBM HTTP Server 1.3.19/1.3.26/184.108.40.206/220.127.116.11 on different flavours of UNIX and Windows.
- Experience in requirement analysis, scope, design analysis, application development, debugging, testing and documentation of the various phases in a SDLC.
- Expertise in cluster management implemented horizontal clusters, vertical clusters and hybrid. Troubleshoot application related issues, and interact with Development staff in performing complex testing. Excellent knowledge on TCP/IP, RMI and HTTP protocols.
- Experience in Creating Heap dumps and Core dumps and analyze those dumps using Heap Analyzer. Involved in creating and maintaining WebSphere Network Deployment in WebSphere Application Server. Created new Virtual Hosts and configured Host Aliases.
- Deployment, software installation, maintenance, fixes upgrades, general administration, troubleshooting and performance tuning of JBOSS.
- Experienced in implementing High-Availability, fail over topology using clusters and load balancers. Extensive experience in optimizing performance of WebSphere Application server using Workload Management. Experienced in migrating WAS 6.1 to 7.0.
- Experience in Performance Tuning, Load Balancing and Work Load Management on IBM WebSphere Application Server 5.x/6.0/6.1
- Experienced in upgrading WebSphere with Refresh packs, fixpacks and fixes using update installer. Experienced in configuration of the plug-ins on the WebServer when it is installed locally and remotely on the DMZ.
- Expertise in writing JACL/Jython, UNIX scripts and shell scripts to automate the maintenance process of the WebSphere. Excellent working knowledge in implementing LDAP security models using Sun One LDAP.
- Worked on server side technologies like JSP, Servlets, EJB, JNDI, JDBC, JMS and RMI, CORBA, XML, HTML, Java Beans on IBM WAS.
- Excellent knowledge in Setting up of Nodes, Profiles, Data Sources, Virtual Hosts, configuring Servlet Engines, and Session Managers.
- Experience in requirement analysis, scope, design analysis, application development, debugging, testing and documentation of the various phases in a s/w development life cycle.
- Provided support in a demanding 24/7 on-call support.
- Configured resources like J2C resources, connection factories and JMS resources, JDBC Providers and Data sources, connection pooling in IBM WebSphere 5.x/6.x
- Analyzed log files to solve problems using debugging tools like Log Analyzer, Tivoli Performance Viewer Tool and Collector Tool.
- Excellent problem resolving interpersonal & communication skills with ability to work under pressure in a highly visible role in a team and individually. Having knowledge to work with offshore team and coordinate with them.
DB2/UDB 7.2/8.x, ORACLE 11g/10g/9i/8.0/7.x, SQLServer6.5/7.0.
Shell Script, JACL/Jython Script and WSADMIN
AIX 5.x, Solaris 9.0/8.x, Red Hat/ Suse 9/Linux 8.0/7.x,Window 2003/2000/NT,MS-DOS
WebSphere 7.x/6.x/5.x/4.x, IBM HTTP Server 1.3.26/18.104.22.168, I Planet, IIS, Tomcat 5.5, 4.1, Apache 2.x, Weblogic
CVS, Clear Case, Clear Quest, pvcs
Tivoli Performance Viewer, Thread Analyzer, Log Analyzer, Wiley Introscope 7.x, 8.x.
Confidential,Chicago, IL December 2010 – Present
- Responsible for setup, Installation and Administration of IBM WebSphere Application server, 6.1 and 7.0 and IBM HTTP Server 6.0x/7.0x.
- Created Horizontal clusters on App servers for Load Balancing and Failover mechanism.
- Deployed application ears in clustered WebSphere Application Server for Dev, Test, UAT and Production.
- Performed WebSphere configuration, backup and restoration tasks (by using backupConfig, restoreConfig commands etc).
- Dealt with troubleshooting issues like Out of Memory (OOM), High CPU Utilization, Server Hang.
- Applied the maintenance fix pack and fixesto WebSphere Application ServerandHTTP servers.
- Monitored the batch jobs for the Thunderhead application.
- Configured database resources like JDBC Providers, Data sources, and security resources like JAAS authentication (J2C) aliases in order to provide connectivity to Oracle, DB2 (mainframe and UDB), AS400 databases.
- WebSphere MQ, WebSphere Message Broker performance analysis, application planning and product maintenance. Architecture and implement the WebSphere MQ environment for high availability, MQ clustering.
- Daily backups, log archival and other tasks using shell scripts using the Korn shell.
- Tune databases resource configurations including connection pooling, timeouts, etc..
- Set-up security permissions in Websphere environments to authenticate against LDAP servers to accessWebsphere consoles and secure it using SSL.
- Worked on troubleshooting Java applications using WAS logs, traces, Log and Resource Analyzer.
- Used Tivoli Performance Viewer (TPV) and Wily Introscope to identify performance bottlenecks including application memory leaks, server process degradation, database connections, http threads, etc.
- Setup conference calls in the event of a PROD outage or slowness and efficiently resolve the issues as quickly as possible by getting all the concerned teams together and co-coordinating the effort.
- Worked with IBM on problem determination, troubleshooting, and resolution -- PMRs, running and submitting must gather scripts and output, turning on trace, verbose-gc, taking thread and heap dumps.
- Worked with all the teams -- change control, oracle dba, and db2 dba, mq team on a regular basis to resolve production issues and also in QA.
- Involved in trouble shooting and fixing day-to-day problems of the applications in production.
- On-call support (24x7), Monitoring and maintaining multiple Applications.
- Involved in documentation of everyday activities and maintaining the doc-library.
Environment: IBM WebSphere 6.1/7.0,IBM HTTP Server 6.0x/7.0x,Oracle 11g, Informix, Terradata, DB2, Tivoli Performance Viewer,Wily Introscope,Tivoli Directory Server, Quality Center, MQ Series, linux, AIX 5.3.
Confidential,Texas October 2009 – December 2010
- Installed, configured, administered WebSphere Application Server BASE, ND on AIX for multiple high profile projects.
- Created Deployment manager and Application Server profiles and federated to create cells.
- Administered, configured, tuned and troubleshoot WebSphere in a clustered environment on AIX
- Responsible for deploying enterprise applications from Admin console and enabled security using LTPA and LDAP for admin console and application components on AIX.
- Installation & Configuration of IBM HTTP Server 2.x on AIX. Installed, configured and administered IBM WebSphere Application Server 6.1/6.0,7.x on AIX
- Involved in configuration and setup of WebSphere Application Server security using LTPA and LDAP. Creating Webserver instances by using Scripts.
- Creating Heap dumps and Core dumps and analyze those dumps using Heap Analyzer.
- Experience in migrating WAS 6.1 to 7.0. Involved in installing WebSphere portal 6.0.x on UNIX and AIX Platform with Web Content Management.
- Configured IHS Web server, Site minder to work with WAS. Installed, Configured and maintained LDAP Directory server.
- Responsible for creation and management of IBM MQ system.
- Knowledge in configuring JMS Provides using WebSphere MQ.
- Used WebSphere Admin Console and wasadmin/JACL scripting to install enterprise EAR, WAR files or for hot deployment.
- Configured WebSphere resources like JDBC providers, JDBC data sources, connection pooling, Implemented creation of Server groups and clusters in WAS.
- Provided 24/7 on-call support on rotation basis.
Environment: Application Server 5.1.x/6.x/7.x,AIX , Red Hat Linux , Solaris, IBM DB2,Windows XP/2000/NT, Apache , Oracle 10.x/9.x/8.x, JBOSS, Tivoli performance viewer, WebSphere Portal 6.0.
Confidential,Philadelphia, PA October 2008 – October 2009
- Installation and configuration of number of WebSphere Application Servers 6.0 instances on development, QA and production environment on Solaris.
- Administration and Maintenance of IBM HTTP Server and WebSphere Application Server for various production environments.
- Configuring Resources like JDBC Provider for Oracle, creating Virtual Hosts, Shared Libraries, JNDI Configurations, EJB References, Environment Variables, and Configuring Session Management. Deployment of J2EE Applications involved in Creating Clusters for Load Balancing and Fail over.
- Profiled all the J2EE Applications and worked with Application Groups in improving performance of application and possible memory leaks in application before deploying in Production.
- Wrote Perl and Shell scripts to monitor installed enterprise applications and to get information from the logs and database in the required format.
- Developing WSCP scripts, JACL Scripts. Backup and Recovery of WebSphere configuration using XML Config tool.
- Configured MQ/JMS for interaction between the applications internally.
- Monitoring WAS performance through Tivoli Performance Viewer and tuning the system caching, queuing, JVM parameters, DB Connection Pooling.
- Daily WebSphere Application Server task were deploying application and troubleshooting QA and Productions problems using log files and coordinating with development teams.
- Implemented various mediation primitives (Database Lookup, Filter, XSLT, and Message Logger). Implement the Shared Libraries (code reusability).
Environment: IBM WebSphere Application Server 6.1/6.0,IBM HTTP SERVER v6.0, WebSphere MQ 5.3,IBM DB2, Sun Solaris 10.0/9.0, WebSeal, TAM, Oracle 10g,UNIX shell scripts, RAD 7.0, Wily Introscope 7.0, Perl, JACL and Jython scripts, Sitescope.
Confidential,Hyderabad, India August 2006 – August 2008
- Installed and configured IBM WebSphere Application Server 5.x, IHS 1.3.x, and Apache web server on various platforms including AIX 4.3.
- Migrated applications from WebSphere version 4.0 to version 5.x.
- Configured WebSphere Application Server V4 to use Integrity Site Minder V5.5.
- Excellent knowledge in Setting up of Nodes, Profiles, Data Sources, Virtual Hosts, configuring Servlet Engines, and Session Managers
- Worked on server side technologies like JSP, Servlets, EJB, JNDI, JDBC, JMS and RMI, CORBA, XML, HTML, Java Beans.
- Configured MQ series objects like Queue Manager, Queues, Active Specifications, Connection Factories and Queue Connection Factories.
- Configuring the JAAS, JDBC, and MQ queues using JMS and JNDI on application server.
- Maintenance of the WebSphere servers on different platforms, setting up the development, testing, staging and production environment for the ongoing application development.
- Developed UNIX shell scripts and Jacl scripts that automate the WebSphere Administration (recycling the application server, deploying customer applications, logs rotation, monitor applications state, etc,).
- Configured web servers in the Demilitarized zone (DMZ) and SSL between web server & browser.
- Developed WSCP scripts and shell scripts to automate the maintenance process of the WebSphere and recovered the backed up WebSphere configuration using XMLConfig tool.
- Created user roles and groups for securing the resources using local operating system authentication and custom user registry.
- Configured Big-IP rules for load balancing of web servers. Configured Workload Management (WLM) using server groups in WAS 4.x and Server clusters in WAS 5.x.
Environment: WebSphere Application Server 4.x/5.x, AIX 4.3, IIS Web server 2.0, Linux, Oracle 9i, Windows 2000, Jacl/Jython,Siteminder,J2EE1.3/1.2, Java2.0, JSP1.2, EJB2.0, JDBC2.0 and XML.
Confidential,Hyderabad, India January 2005 – July 2006
- Support of about 50 applications in the environments of DEV/Test/QA/PROD
- Involved in the day to day IBM WebSphere, WebSphere Portal deployment and configuration.
- Used command line scripting tools for WebSphere/Portal environment for automating the tasks. Requesting firewall rules for port openings for Internet applications.
- Wording with developers to deploy their EAR files into the pre-production and production environments. Strong Unix (AIX / Solaris) and windows NT/2000 administration skills.
- Experience with Interwoven (Open Deploy) for static content management
- Installation and Configuration of Trizetto eBill /eEnroll software on Web Sphere.
- Maintenance and the configuration of IBM Http Server /Apache as the WebServer instances
- Build and troubleshoot the various environments such as dev, system test QA and the production environments.
- Configure the http servers (IHS /Apache) for the communication over SSL /non-SSL and to accept the traffic via a Cisco content switch and firewall.
- Update and migrating the LDAP (TIVOLI directory server) with the fix packs.
- Involved in the migration of MQ v5.2 to v5.3 in the WebSphere environment.
- Involved in the DR (disaster recovery) plan for the WebSphere environment.
- On call production support for the environment.
Environment: AIX 5.1, WebSphere 5.0.x/5.1 and 4.0.6, HIS v1.3.x/22.214.171.124, Apache 2.0.56, ChangemanDS, BMCPatrol, Siteminder v5.x/6.0, UDB DB2v7.2.9/8.1, Oracle 8i/9i, MQ v5.2/5.3, Cisco Content Switch.
Education: Bachelor of Technology