Desire a software development or integration/administration opportunity in an organization that maximizes the usage of leading edge technologies. My experience consists of software development using Java, C, C++ languages, WebSphere platform administration, performance and tuning analysis, including 6 years developing SOA, and Java Applications, which included developing/troubleshooting integrated systems and testing in very complex environments.
HARDWARE / SOFTWARE
Redhat, SusE Linux (AIX, Linux, Windows,
Rational Software Architect
WebSphere Application Server, Apache,
WebSphere Portal Server
WebSphere ESB, WebSphere MQ
Tivoli Performance Products
WebSphere Process Server
Tivoli Directory Server
Rational Performance Tester
Confidential, Raleigh, NC 2008 - Present
(Technology arm for Carquest Auto Parts, a parts distributor with over 3,500 Stores in North America)
Senior WebSphere Specialist/Administrator - Enterprise Architecture Group
Performed architecture and administration for a very advanced clustered WebSphere, middleware network of servers, which power CARQUEST's internal and external Web applications on a Unix (AIX, SUN, Linux) platforms in a 365/7/24 environment.
- Planned, developed, and architected a WebSphere V6.x and V7.x QA, DR and development infrastuctures which emulated the production environment, which increased software quality entering production. Installation of software and maintenance, APARS
- Automated build process, installation/deployment of applications using wsadmin, Jython scripts, java code, and JMX interfaces, which decreased deployment/build times and increased productivity.
- Assisted with integrating Tivoli Monitoring with WebSphere, Created Situations, triggers for monitoring
- Enhanced Cruise Control source to work with established LDAP security standards.
- Develop and review/approve production change request documentation, Created Visio architecture diagrams.
- Implement, administer, and troubleshoot a production, QA, development WebSphere infrastructure consisting of; WebSphere Process Servers, Application servers, Enterprise Service Bus, WebSphere MQ 7.0, Partner Gateway (EDI). Portal Server, IBM HTTP Servers, DataPower and Tomcat servers.
- Execute and resolved server performance problems to increase performance and availability. Analysis of Java heap dumps, core dumps, and TCP packet traces
- Assist developers with coding for WebSphere framework and debugging of code.
- Developed design diagrams using Visio, Created operational documentation published on a MediaWiki Server
Confidential, Research Triangle Park, NC 2000 - 2008
Staff Software Engineer - Strategy and Technology Division -
Software Group 2002 - 2008
Developed Java/J2EE applications, web services, SOA components using Eclipse based tools. Executed integration and usability testing of strategic IBM Software products using complex customer scenarios.
- Improved the installation/configuration of IBM WebSphere and Tivoli Performance products by developing Java code, using a proprietary toolset on the Eclipse platform. Development of Eclipse plug-ins using agile methodologies were utilized.
- Development of BPEL, WebSphere JDBC Integration Adapters, and J2EE applications using Eclipse based toolsets.
- Set-up complex WebSphere test environments on AIX, Redhat and SuSE Linux, VMWare ESX, z/Linux, z/OS used for Integration testing. Software products used; included - WebSphere Portal, WAS, WebSeal, HTTP Servers, Tested the integration and usability of many strategic IBM Software products using complex customer scenarios. Analyzed integration problems and provided solutions; this included problem determination and defect creation.
- Participated in writing SOA management publication using Tivoli monitoring products; Omegamon, ITCAM, TEC, ITM used to enhance the customer experience. Also developed J2EE and web services sample applications.
- Developed build automation process using BuildForge
Staff Software Engineer - Confidential
Confidential,2000 - 2002
- Responsible for z/OS Communication Server performance analysis/tuning for releases and customer special studies.
- Performed experiments, developed automated workloads and analysis on a variety of components; TCP/IP base stack, FTP, security/firewall, NFS, DNS, Edge Server (Linux), QOS, WebSphere HTTP server, Cisco CIP, APPN/HPR. Also, documented and reported performance results.
- Provided internal NetMarks (Network simulation) software support. This included C development, on AIX, Unix Systems Services, and troubleshooting.
- Participated on the NetMarks automation team that greatly improved the performance analysis process by designing, developing automated test tools. Experience with network traces, hardware instrumentation and system dumps.
Confidential, Tallahassee, FL 1998 - 2000
Systems Engineer / Services
Confidential, software installation/configuration services for client accounts across the USA.
- Performed system software installation/customization using SMP on z/OS and z/VM servers, included features: TCP/IP, VTAM, DB/2, Java, CICS, UNIX Services, Web servers. HMC and LPAR Virtualization.
- Development of Customers statement of work.
- Interface with Account managers and client CIO's
- Executed performance tests and tuning.
- Developed utility programs as needed to enhance installation efficiency.
Confidential, Morgantown, WV 1991 - 1997
Oversaw system software on z/Series hardware in a complex statewide network which supported the State of West Virginia's university and college system.
- Executed installation, configuration, and development of system and applications software in a z/OS and z/VM environment.
- Perform Systems performance studies using MXG and SAS
BA, w/ Emphasis in Computer Science