- Over 7 years of experience in administering the IBM WebSphere Application server on multiple platforms like Windows(2003/ 2008) and UNIX (AIX 5.x, Solaris10/9, RedHat Linux 5/4)
- Extensive experience in optimization of enterprise applications using IBM WebSphere Application server 7.0/6.1/6.0/5.0.x, WSAdmin Script, Workload Management (WLM), Resource analyzer, JNDI, LDAP, J2EE, WSAD, JMS, Oracle 10g/9i/8i, DB2/UDB on, UNIX platforms and Windows NT/2000/98/95 environment.
- Hands on experience in the maintenance of the IBM WebSphere Application Servers and Jboss on UNIX, Solaris, AIX, Windows 2003 platforms and setting up the development, testing and production environment.
- Experience in installation and configuration of WebSphere MQ in a clustered environment.
- Expertise in setting up security for WebSphere MQ queues, data access and for administration using role based security.
- Expertise in providing integrated solutions using WebSphere MQ and WebSphere Application Server.
- Designed the distributed queuing architectures and configured WebSphere MQ messaging middleware.
- Well versed in installation, configuration, deploying and managingof Enterprise Applications in a clustered and non-clustered environment using WebSphere Application Server.
- Strong technical knowledge of WebSphereApplication Server Implementation, Support, Performance Tuning and troubleshooting the production issues. Creating and managing cells using Network Deployment Manager.
- Hands on experience in deploying J2EE components (EAR/WAR/JAR) on WERE 7.x/6.x/5.x using Jython/JACL scriptand WAS Admin Console.
- Expertise in migrating existing applications from WAS 5.1 to WAS 6.0/6.1/7 using Custom Scripts on Sunsolaris, Aix.
- Configuration of JDBC Providers, Data Sources, connection pool,Virtual Hosting,JNDI,Global Security, SSL, Single Sign-On, Open SSL, LDAP and IBM secure way (LTPA).
- Involved in migrating the existing administrative scripts (Jython/JACLs) from WebSphere Application Server 5.X to 6.X
- Hands on experience in JACL and JYTHON scripting for administration, maintenance and troubleshooting written scripts for ALL day-to-day activities on WAS.
- Expertise in Tuning of Application Servers by Tivoli Performance Viewer like setting the dynamic cache size and setting the JVM heap size using collected Performance Monitoring Infrastructure(PMI) data.
- Experience in configuring SSL security for the HTTP servers and the plugin.
- Configured global security for WebSphere Application Server using IBM Directory Server as LDAP user registry and configured SSL for LDAP communication.
- Working knowledge in implementing LDAP security models using IBM Tivoli Directory Server.
- Worked closely with Project manager, Development, Testing, Pre-Production and Production teams to align project deliverables within due dates and reporting issues.
- Provided 24x7 supports for Production and Development Environments.
- Excellent problem solving and communication skills with ability to work under pressure in a highly visible role.
Operating Systems :
Windows 2008/200X, HP-Unix, AIX 5.x, Linux
IBM WebSphere Application Server 4.x,5.x, 6.x,7.x, Websphere MQ, Jboss 4.2, IBM HTTP Server, Apache WebServer, IIS 6.0 and iPlanet.
Monitoring Tools :
Tivoli Performance Viewer, Thread Analyzer, Log/Site Analyzer,ITCAM
C, C++, JAVA, HTML, Visual Basic, J2EE, VB, JSP, Servlets, EJBs, XML.
TCP/IP, UDP, HTTP/HTTPS, LAN, WAN, SMTP, IMAP, POP3, SSH, NFS, DNS,
Oracle 10g/9i, IBM DB2/UDB, MS-SQL Server.
- Bachelor of Technology in Computer Science & Engineering
Confidential, Houston, TX Nov ‘09 - Present
Sr. WebSphere Administrator
- Installed, Configured and administered the WebSphere Application Server 5.1/6.0/6.1/7.0.
- Installed and Configured the WebSphere ND version 6.0/6.1/7.0
- Migrated existing applications in WebSphere Application Server 6.0 and 6.1 using custom scripts based on the environment.
- Installed and configured IBM HTTP Server and Sun One Java Web Server.
- Configured the Web Server interfaces, session management, nodes, data sources, virtual hosts and transport for WAS.
- Implemented Work Load Management (WLM) using cloning and clustering techniques including horizontal and vertical cloning for failover and backup/recovery process.
- Created MQ Queues and Channels required for the application.
- Configured MQ Objects within the WebSphere Application Environment.
- Developed UNIX shell scripts and JACL/Jython scripts to automate the WebSphere deployment process and provided access to developers to deploy test and stage applications.
- Installed Refresh packs, Fix packs for WebSphere Application Server and WebSphere Process server V 6.0/6.1
- Deployed J2EE applications, configured JDBC, JMS, and JNDI for integration with WebSphere.
- Maintained security, tuning, and clustering on WebSphere Application Server.
- Creating user roles and groups for securing the resources using LDAP authentication.
- Worked on server side technologies like Servlets, RMI and EJBs on IBM WebSphere Application Server.
- Involved in trouble shooting and Performance tuning using Tivoli Performance Viewer.
- Applied the maintenance fix pack to WebSphere MQ, WebSphere Application Server and HTTP Servers.
- Prepared the Patch management strategy for the WebSphere Application server on quarterly basis
- Provided 24/7 on-call support on rotation basis for applications running in production on WebSphere Application servers through VPN/ROVA connection.
- Troubleshoot Admin Server start-up issues, Java code defects after deployment, and work problems to resolution, recorded/documented actions in databases as well as utilized tools and resources.
- Responsible for the debugging of the application problems, while developing the application.
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems, and interacted with IT staff or vendors in performing complex testing, support and troubleshooting functioning.
IBM WebSphere Application 6.0/6.1/7.0, WebSphere MQ 6.0, LDAP, IBM HTTP Server 1.3.26, Apache 1.3.x/2.2,J2EE (jsp,struts,Servlets), AIX 5.x, sun Solaris 9, Tivoli performance viewer, WebSphere JSQL Connect, Oracle 9.x/8.x, DB2/UDB, Windows XP/2000/NT
Confidential, Warren, NJ Sep’08 Oct’09
- Installed and configured WebSphere Application Server 5.x/6.x and IBM HTTP Server on IBM AIX and Solaris platforms.
- Installed and configured WebSphere 6.0 ND
- Installed and configured IBM Edge Server and Network Dispatches for load balancing. Handled high availability and recoverability planning and implementation.
- Involved in designing the WebSphere Application Server load balancing and failover by using Workload Management ( WLM), horizontal and vertical scaling.
- Responsible for Web server and Application server installation, support and performance monitoring for all applications running on the company’s Website.
- Implemented security policies that protect Web applications and resources using the Netegrity SiteMinder.
- Experienced on providing VeriSign Digital SSL certificates for all Java Enterprise Level Applications.
- Provided Level 2 support for production issues.
- Defined synchronized and persistent IBM MQSeries Queue Manager, Channel Managers and Queues.
- Played an active involvement in monitoring server performance, network traffic to reduce performance bottleneck by enhanced performance ensuring upstream queuing.
- Configured the Web Server interfaces, session management, virtual hosts and transports for WebSphere Application servers.
- Applied software maintenance, program fixes and keeping the system software releases current.
- Configure WebSphere resources including JDBC providers, JDBC data sources, connection pooling, and java Mail sessions. Deployed Session and Entity in WebSphere.
- Implemented WebSphere Global Security using LTPA and Netscape LDAP Server.
WebSphere Administrator May’07 Aug ‘08
Confidential, San Jose, CA
- Performed Installation, Configuration and Maintenance of IBM WebSphere Application Server 5.1/6.0 stand alone and Network Deployment servers on UNIX/AIX, Red Hat Linux, Windows 2000 and Solaris platform
- Implemented horizontal and vertical scaling of WebSphere Application Server in a Workload managed cluster, involving modeling and cloning named server groups and cloning services in WAS V6.0
- Provided High level clustering (Horizontal/Vertical) techniques with Round-Robin method , load balancing to all the environments
- Experienced in Planning, Installation and Administration of IBM WebSphere on various platforms like AIX, UNIX, HP-UX, OS/390 and Windows NT/2000.
- Performed the migration of WAS 5.1 to WAS V6.0
- Installed plug-ins for hosting web modules of Enterprise Applications on Apache, Apache Tomcat, iPlanet , IBM HTTP Server on local and remote systems and on multiple web servers on same host
- Experienced on Upgrading Web Servers like Apache, iPlanet, IBM HTTP Server.
- Experienced in providing VeriSign Digital SSL certificates for all Java Enterprise Level Applications.
- Worked extensively on the implementation of LDAP Server, Netegrity Site Minder, and Global Security to provide a comprehensive level of security
- Carry out heap dump analysis using Heap Analyzer
- Provided Level 2 support for production issues.
- Facilitated performance monitoring of WAS V 5.1/6.0 and J2EE applications using Tivoli Performance Viewer, ITCAM.
- Worked closely with the project manager, development, testing and production tool to align the project deliverables, dates and report issues/concerns and experience in 24x7 support
Environment: WebSphere Application Server V5.1/6.0, MQ series 5.3, Solaris, UNIX, DB2 UDB 8.0, Oracle 9i, IBM HTTP Server 1.3, XML, LDAP Server, Heap Analyzer, Tivoli Performance viewer, JProbe and Global Security.
WebSphere Administrator / Support Jan’06-Mar’07
Confidential, Harrisburg, PA
- Installed, configured and maintained WebSphere Applications Server 4x/5x on Linux, Unix, AIX,Solaris platforms.
- Provided High Level Clustering ( Horizontal/Vertical) techniques with Round-Robin method, load balancing to all the environments
- Experienced in planning, installation and Administration of IBM WebSphere on various platforms like AIX, UNIX, and HP-UX & OS/390.
- Installed plug-ins for hosting web modules of Enterprise Applications on Apache, Apache Tomcat, iPlanet, IBM HTTP Server on local and remote systems and on multiple web servers on same host.
- Experienced on upgrading web servers like Apache, iPlanet, IBM HTTP Server.
- Worked extensively on the implementation of LDAP Server, Netegrity Site Minder, and Global Security to provide a comprehensive level of security.
- Carry out heap dump analysis using Heap Analyzer.
- Facilitated performance monitoring of WAS V5.1/6.0 and J2EE applications using Tivoli Performance Viewer, Wily Introscope, ITCAM.
- Hands on experience on Web Servers like Apache, SunOne iPlanet, HIS.
- Well versed with Shell Scripts for Unix System backups monthly, yearly and annually.
- Implemented creation of Server groups and clusters in WebSphere Application server.
- Experienced maintaining WebSphere to Data Base connections.
- Worked closely with project manager, development, testing and production team to align project deliverables, dates and report issues/concerns and experience in operational 24x7support.
Environment: AIX, Solaris, WebSphere Application Server, Oracle 9i, AS400, Windows 2000.
Confidential, India Aug’04-Dec’05
- Installed and configured IBM WebSphere Application Server 3.5/4.0, JDBC drivers and Servlets engines on AIX, Linux and Sun Solaris and also created user roles and groups for securing the resources using local operating system authentication.
- Worked on Web Sphere components such as Work Load Management (WLM), Servlet Engine, Session Manager, Admin Client and Http-Web Admin tool (thin client).
- Developed many WebSphere Control Program (WSCP) scripts and shell scripts to automate the maintenance process of the Web Sphere and recovered the backed up WebSphere configurationusing XML Config tool.
- Installed JDBC drivers and Servlet engines on Sun Solaris.
- Created, tested & deployed J2EE applications on Websphere Application Server using WSAD tools.
- Administration of Working Application, Application performance monitoring - starting and stopping the application server.
- Involved in deploying the EAR files and scripting automated deployment of the applications.
- Configured the webserver interfaces, session management, virtual hosts and transports for WebSphere.
- Configured WebSphere resources like JDBC providers, JDBC data sources, connection pooling, and JavaMail sessions.
- Involved in configuring the WebSphere load balancing using WebSphere workload management like horizontal cloning and vertical cloning..
- Configured horizontal scalability of WebSphere through a mechanism called as “Cloning of multiple JVMs” with independent Java Virtual Machines-JVMs, for each clone.
- Involved in trouble shooting and Performance tuning using Resource analyzer and log analyzer.
Environment: Java, Java2EE, Visual Age, WSAD, IBM WebSphere Application Server3.5/4.0, IBM MQSeries, IBM HTTP Server, iPlanet, DB2 UDB, Oracle, AIX and Solaris.