- IT Specialist skillful in finding ways that technology can add value to business operations and match company objectives to produce supportive solutions.
- Successful background in managing software implementations and process improvement projects.
- Understanding business requirements, designing cost - effective technology solutions, and implementing solutions on time and under budget.
- Highly proficient in assessing/analyzing environmental needs, developing strategies and formulating plans to increase business.
- And most importantly a Team player.
Operating Systems: Linux, IBM I, Windows Servers
System Software: WebSphere Application Server ND (v8.0, v7.ND, v6.1ND, v6.ND),WebSphere Portal Server (v8.ND, v7.0 ND. v6.1 ND, v6.0 ND), Data Power x150 SOA (v3.8.1), Websphere Commerce Server 6.0- 7.0
Websphere Admin / Technical Analyst
- Build Websphere Application Servers 7.0.0.xx, IBM Webservers with vertical/horizontal clustering topology. Work with Citrix group integrating Netscaler(Load Balance) for fail-over environment, secured https & unsecured http, session affinity & round robinconfigurations.
- Created node agents (addNode) federated into deployment manager. Configured JVM custom properties, datasources, websphere environment variables, J2c authentication, global sercurity, performance tuning. Managed keys & certificates.
- Trained offshore team for 24/7support,CareMoreWebsphere Application Server topology, created documentation and diagrams.On call support for escalations.
- Facets installation &customization deployed TriZetto releases ear files. I supported Facets Application and customer support. Initiated TriZetto tickets and resolved issue’s. Created development, test, stage and production environment. Work with the team for the go-live project from Facets database 4.71 to 5.01 implementation.
Websphere Admin / Technical Analyst
- Websphere Administrator support security, policy and monitoring system logs, Tivoli performance tuning of garbage collections, setting the Heap Size to optimal performance.
- Administration/Development/Deployment and other web/app servers as WebSphere, Tomcat, jBoss, IBM HTTP Server, IIS, Apache. Configuring Horizontal & Vertical clustering In an IBM i/Linux environment for Websphere Application Sever & Websphere Portal.
- Migration of Websphere Portal 6.0 base to Websphere Portal 6.1 ND to Websphere Portal 8.0 ND and applying fixes levels to Portal and WAS.
- Migration of Websphere Commerce Server 6.0 to Websphere Commerce Server 7.0 using IBM migration script and applying current fixes. Optimizing WAS heap size and connections pools for performance tuning.
- Configuring IBM HTTP Web-Server SSL/HTTP for external Web Sites, setting up port blocks Web-services using Websphere SOA DataPower, monitoring logging on DP, HTTP and systemout.logs.Provide support for SSL implementation, PKI, SSO configuration, and Securing Web Applications that are integrated with 3rd party vendors. Debug J2EE Enterprise applications with a focus on (JSP, Servlet, JMS, JDBC, J2EE Security, Struts). Perform and enable remote technical support of IBM software and solutions for WebSphere Portal Server, WebSphere Process Server, and DB2 Universal by analyzing problems, reviewing traces, thread dumps, logs and other documentation. Create end-to end system test scenario’s and test the solution in clustered and single server environments. Use the wsadmin tool to develop and run scripts in JACL and JYTHON scripting language for testing purposes.
- Configuring DataPower XI50 Appliances, upgrading firmware 3.8.1, Deploy Web Services/create policy rules for the services to Websphere Application Server V6.1 ND and port blocks initiated on the IBM I. Create front side handlers HTTP/HTTPS/FTP. Create XML Firewalls & configure XML Firewall policy, turn up logging & CLI for testing. Create production/test/dev domains, deploying rules polices from test to production via backup export and import files. Export SSL certificates from Websphere and import certificate into Datapower. Editing XML input response to SOAP request. Capturing performance and writing to a statics style format.
- Implementation of security policies (e.g., authentication and authorization), protection of WebSphere resources, and defining and installing WebSphere Application Server, implement a federated repository (WAS).
- Perform maintenance and performance activities tomcat server. WebSphere backup/restore and archive configuration tasks, monitoring the size of logs/files and backup/purge as needed, managing the plug-in configuration file (e.g., regenerate, edit, propagate, etc.), tuning performance of WebSphere Application Server jvms (e.g., configure caching, queuing and pooling parameters, tune JVM heap size, etc.) Configuring JDBC resource connections and testing connections.
- Installing databases (DB2). Troubleshooting, deploying and configuring J2EE applications in both shared and standalone environments. Using either the administrative console or wsadmin tools, install PTF files. Configure WebSphere java2 security. Troubleshooting failures, analyzing root causes.
- Patching WAS, 3rd party applications, and Operating Systems. Work on multiple operating systems ranging from AIX, HPUX, Iseries V.5 R.3, EDI Trusted Link Iseries, X12 data. Navigate within the AIX file system