Highly motivated professional with a Master of Science degree in Information Security and a Master of Business Administration MBA degree in Management. Hold multiple IT certifications and always working to expand knowledge base and skill set through applicable experience and education. An experienced leader and mentor in both the military and civilian sector.
- IBM Power, HP ProLiant, Dell PowerEdge Cisco routers switches
- Fiber optic cabling
- Electronic circuit troubleshooting repair
- Operating System
- Red Hat Debian Ubuntu AIX
- Microsoft Server 2008 Microsoft Server 2003
- System Administration
- Account management
- Perl, shell scripting, VBScript LDAP, mkacct, SUDO rules
- LPAR config management IBM WebSphere
- Automation DNS
- Active Directory AD
- NetBackup BackupPC VMware vSphere
- IBM hardware management console HMC Jumpstart, HPSAS, NIM
- Subversion, Git, RCS
- Web design admin HTML, CGI
Current Secret Security Clearance.
IBM AIX UNIX WEBSPHERE ADMINISTRATOR
- Work as the primary AIX Unix system administrator and as the secondary WebSphere administrator contracted under the US Navy in support of all naval personnel record systems and the naval advancement selection process.
- Scripted various tasks utilizing DSH parallelization to monitor and control AIX servers as well as to simplify performing of typical system administrator tasks simultaneously.
- Worked on helping to plan and facilitate the migration of systems from IBM p750 to IBM p770 servers and AIX 6 to 7.1.
- IBM AIX SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR REMOTE
- Work as the AIX system administrator consultant to East Coast Warehouse in providing support for their warehouse management system WMS at the OS level.
- Perform system audits and fix discrepancies, secure the server, patch the OS, account management, and act as on call support on an as needed basis.
- Built a custom monitoring solution, automation, and worked with ownership to develop and implement solutions as needed.
- IT CYBERSECURITY UNDERGRADUATE ADJUNCT INSTRUCTOR confidential
- Act as an online undergraduate adjunct instructor teaching various information technology and cybersecurity related courses during evenings and weekends primarily.
- Cleared to teach the following courses: IT-201 Computer Platform Technologies, IT-241 Human Factors in Cybersecurity, IT-251 Introduction to Unix/Linux Operating System, and IT-335 Security Principles.
- Work with students, advisors, and other faculty members in making learning a highly successful, positive, and rewarding experience for the students.
LINUX SYSTEM ENGINEER CONSULTANT
- Act as a Linux knowledge expert for Bally Technologies and assist in redesigning and optimizing their new mobile casino gaming platform. Primary point of contact for all Linux related issues on various deployed sites worldwide.
- Designed and developed an automation package that could fully deploy entire casino gaming sites usually made up of around 13 servers in around an hour which previously took over a week to deploy manually.
- Built a custom backup solution to meet compliance requirements as a workaround was needed because of Backup Exec and Debian incompatibility.
LINUX SYSTEM ADMINISTRATOR CONSULTANT
- Act as a member of the FedEx Corporation System Admin and Consulting team in performing all Linux and UNIX system administrator tasks. Duties include creating new users with appropriate group memberships, permissions, and access to required servers. Maintain and update the DNS database for forward and reverse lookups. Write and execute Perl and Shell automation scripts. Update and create new system admin process documentation. Build and implement production primary infrastructure and application servers. Operate as a key production on call support member to handle after hour support.
- Administer the Request Tracker RT ticketing system by creating new queues, new users, assigning group memberships, build queue scrips and templates, and improve overall ticket flow efficiency.
- Trained FedEx contractors and created documentation in system administration tasks including handling of DNS requests, account administration, SUDO super user do rule creation, OS builds, and request tracker issues.
SYSTEMS TECHNICIAN CONTRACTOR
- Troubleshoot, repair, and install Windows based server, laptop and desktop systems as well as HP and Ricoh printer and copiers. Operate and maintain Windows Server 2003 systems and the backup servers. Provide support for all facets of operation including monitoring and first level response of the Gold, ASI, lightning pick and FedEx servers, repair of the handheld Symbol barcode scanners, and escalating non handled issues to the proper channels for swift resolution.
- Administrator user accounts, devices and group policies via Active Directory.
- Maintained the backup server as well as was responsible for tape backups and monitoring of the system via Veritas NetBackup and backup tape transportation to offsite location for safe storage.
FIELD SERVICE TECHNICIAN GS12 EQUIVALENT
- Troubleshoot, repair, and install US Army FLIR based surveillance systems at various locations in Iraq. Supervise, manage, and train teams of soldiers in the install and operation of the equipment. Primary subject matter expert on the Mobile Eagle Eye MEE and Rapid Aerostat Initial Deployment RAID tower systems.
- Developed a system of imaging and repairing Linux servers and laptops that was previously impossible to do in the field that saved the US Army hundreds of thousands of dollars.
- Troubleshot, repaired, rebuilt and configured computer system hardware and software conflicts on Linux and Windows based servers, Cisco switches, Motorola PTP-600 radios, and uninterruptible power supplies.
- Conduct data analysis and security review of solutions to transfer applications and systems to Navy enterprise enclaves, or to decommission Navy legacy networks.
- Provided management, planning, and engineering services in support of the reduction of legacy networks which saved the US Navy millions of dollars previously spent wastefully on degraded and non-secure networks.
- Provided quality-engineering consulting for the development of technical processes, procedures, and solutions to problems that prevented the successful transition of legacy systems to enterprise enclaves.
DESKTOP SUPPORT TECHNICIAN
- Performed in depth on site troubleshooting of various hardware, software, information assurance IA and network issues on both unclassified and classified systems.
- Handled escalated issues unable to be resolved by the help desk technicians for high priority military personnel. Repaired Xerox and Lexmark printers and Dell desktop and laptop computers down to component level.
TECHNICAL SUPPORT AND REMOTE ASSISTANCE TECHNICIAN
- Troubleshot hardware, software, network, and virtual privacy issues over the phone and via remote assistance.
- Developed multiple troubleshooting techniques and procedures that increased overall team efficiency.
- Handled the high priority clients in repairing their hardware and software problems in a quick and efficient time frame.
AVIATION ELECTRONICS TECHNICIAN
- Troubleshot and repaired various electronic systems from multiple types of naval aircraft EA-6B Prowler, S3 Viking, F-14 Tomcat, F/A-18 Hornet, F/A-18E/F Super Hornet down to component level.
- Repaired the hybrid test systems benches and interconnecting devices which minimized downtime and prevented aircraft from being unable to perform their mission objectives.
- Trained Naval technicians on component level electronic circuit card troubleshooting.