Specialization of deep knowledge in WebSphere middleware architecture and performance subject matter expertise in the enterprise, mentoring in the architecture of clustering, workload management, webserving, and message queuing to perform low-latency, optimum transaction processing, strong experience with JEE specifications and scope of open source frameworks very knowledgeable tuning to save business apps of those crippled production systems by triaging them maintaining availability to end-users, allowing technical staff to tackle difficult situations developing solutions by concentrating on, either, 1 fixing infrastructure oft misconfigurations due to lack of abilities, or, 2 pinpointing problems inside application design causing misbehavior the goal is transparency to end-users by isolating failure modes from the end-users isolating direct impacts affecting the business' bottom-line primary data backends are Oracle RAC and DB2 to offer solutions from top-down to the intricate low-level underpinnings, to mentor the spectrum from theory-of-operation to business rules and patterns, accumulated 17 years' experience with Independent Software Vendors ISV as producers and Information Technology IT in the large enterprises as customers. Setting up Disaster Recovery MQNetwork namespace exercises to failover from production..
WebSphere architecture for IBM product stack, J2EE/JEE/ESB/SOA, WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Process Server, Enterprise Service Bus, , IBM Integration Bus, WebSphere Message Broker and Adapters, WebSphere XD/Virtual Server Enterprise, WebSphere eXtreme Scale, AIX, Enterprise Linux, Windows 2003/2008/2010 Server, Solaris 8/9, HP-UX IBM product stack support and development in the WebSphere portfolio, multiple products installation, configuration, support and implementations leading with best practices, pattern-oriented architectures, javacore threading and heapdump analysis of IBM and Sun/Oracle JVM specializing in transaction processing and AIX coredump analysis with dbx.
ITILv3 Foundation certified
- AIX 5L 5.2/5.3/6.1/7 on p5-570, p690, Power 570, POWER 6 JS43 BladeCenter, Power7 PS701 application support for WAS v4/v5.1/v6.x/v7/v8/v8.5.x, DB2 v7.2/v8.x/v9.x/v10, IIB v9/WMB v7/v8, WMQv5.3/v7/v7.1/v7.5/v8, WMQ File Transfer Edition V7, WXS v7, WCS v5.6, WBIMB v5 with SAP Adapters V5.5/V6, and WICS.v4.2.2
- Linux RHEL 5.x/6.x on commodity Intel VMWare ESX, automating product application support for WAS v6.1/v7.0/v8.0/v8.5.x, DB2 v8.x/v9.x/v10, WMB v6.0/v7.0/v8.0, WMQ v6.0/v7.0/v7.1/v7.5/v8.0
- Windows 2003/2008 Server product support for WAS v6.x, DB2 v8.x/v9.x, WMB v6.0/v7.0/v8.0, WMQ v6.0/v7.1/v7.5, WMQ File Extender v7.
- Warner Bros. Global Documentation System - Adobe LiveCycle ES2 v9 SP2 on clustered WebSphere Application Server ND 6.1 AIX 6.1.installation, configuration, tuning, deployments and troubleshooting of transactional core components Alfresco Enterprise Content Management V3.2, jgroups, hibernate and Lucene components using Oracle 11i RAC, Adobe Workbench for populating document repository which calls Alfresco utilities, mapping webservices calls to Alfresco Web Services API including authentication by MS Active Directory domains, declaring endpoints for SOAP envelope.
- Design and implement with IBM Rational Application Developer/Rational System Architect V6/V7/V7.5/V8, WebSphere Studio Application Developer V5, WebSphere Integration Developer V6.0.2 WebSphere Application Server V4.x/5.x/6.x/7.0/8.0/8.5, WebSphere MQ v5.3/v6.0 /v7.0/v7.1/v7.5/v8 MQSeries , WebSphere Message Broker 6.1/7.0/8.0, WebSphere Business Integration Message Broker and Event Broker 5.0 WBIMB and EB , WebSphere Business Integration Adapters, WebSphere InterChange Server 4.2.2, WebSphere Business Integration Server Foundation 5.1, VisualAge Smalltalk, VisualAge C , VisualAge COBOL, IBM DB2 UDB, Lotus Domino, TXSeries CICS/6000 , CICS Transaction Gateway and CorePoint CallPath
- Integrate secure business solutions on diverse platforms: Unix Solaris 2.X, AIX 4.x/5.xL, HP-UX 11i , Linux RedHat Enterprise 4 and 5, NT 4.0 Server/Enterprise, Windows 2000, 2003 and 2008 Servers, iSeries - OS/400, MVS OS/390, z/OS and Computer Telephony CTI
- Provide expertise for AIX 5L/6.1/7.1, Solaris 8/9/10, Redhat Enterprise Server 3/4/5.2, SuSE Enterprise Server 9/10, NT4/W2K/WinSvr2003 including IBM JDK 1.4.2/5/6/7 and Sun HotSpot JVM, other major 'flavors' of Unix, Linux, iSeries/i5 AS/400
Senior IBM MQ Consultant, Contractor
Analysis of poorly performing production WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment v6.1 where critical applications had been restarted nightly for several years put together recommendations based on past experience having fixed production systems with proper configuration leveraging IBM documentation such as Technotes and formal PMRs to present to management found the primary problem was WASND suffered core group instability because it was not configured for large cell topology found that JVMs were not tuned to reduce extreme compactions. Second involvement working on another production system running outsourced product Chesapeake T-Recs with their support staff to determine root cause of performance problem being caused by classloader exceptions.
WebSphere Message Broker V8, WMQ V7.5 on Linux RHEL 6.3, integration migration project for client's 2013 acquisition driving middleware architecture, planning and testing business process interfaces, providing recommendations. for optimum results short-term and long-term.
WebSphere Consultant and Architect, Employee
WebSphere Message Broker V8, WMQ File Extender V7 on Windows 2008 R2 Server, debugging problems with Windows Security, providing direction and best practices for middleware architecture.
Subject Matter Expert WebSphere Application Server V6.1/7/8, WebSphere Process Server V6.0.2/V7, WebSphere ESB V7, WebSphere eXtreme Scale V7, analysis of performance problems caused by application design decisions which investigated JVM heap exhaustion in WXS and WAS showing logic defects within application code critiquing malpractices such as duplicating transaction monitoring with custom open source code logic instead of relying on the in-house Introscope shop standard documenting best practices for middleware SOA/ESB/Web Services architecture, design and configuration, and participating in performance analysis of new application releases.
WebSphere Message Broker V22.214.171.124 on Windows 2003 Server, development, QA and production stages, performing deep diagnostics troubleshooting business logic shortcomings and messageflow design problems which are causing poor performance resulting in three months' transaction processing backlog.
- WebSphere MQ z/OS V6.0 V7.0.1 and AIX V5.3 V6.0 V7.01 support
- WebSphere Message Broker AIX V6.0/V7.0/V8.0 support
- WebSphere Transformation Extender 8.3, WTX Pack for HL7, WTX Pack for HIPAA EDI support
- WebSphere Java/J2EE applications/message broker to SAP gateway.
- WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V5.1.1/V6.1/V7/V8 for Warner Bros. Enterprise Service Bus SOA implementation enabling Web Services.
- J2EE/JEE Java Enterprise Edition Specifications, Servlet, JSP, EJB, JTA/JTS, JMS, JPA, JTX
- Spring Framework and ORM hibernate Object Relational Mapping for persistence
- WebSphere Business Integration Message Broker V5, WebSphere Message Broker V6.1/V7/V8 and WebSphere MQ V5.3/V7.0/V8.0 on AIX 5.3/AIX 6.1/AIX 7.1 on p570/Power 570/BladeCenters, Solaris SPARC and RedHat Enterprise Linux 5.2
- Production JVM heap problem resolution and tuning approaching root cause of application severe memory usage garbage collection, root cause determination finding applications not closing connections, analyses of J2EE practices with recommendations to application developers.
- Configuration of Web Services to external customers with JAX-WS replacing JAX-RPC
- JVM diagnoses of migrated tomcat applications and other EAI applications to WebSphere clusters
- WebSphere MQ JMS problem determination involving IBM PMR Level3 support for iFIXes
- Installation/configuration of WebSphere Process Server V6.0.2 and WebSphere Application Server V6.1/V7,WebSphere MQ V126.96.36.199/V7/V7.1 to implement Warner Bros.ESB/SOA, Rational Application Developer/Rational Software Architect V6/V7/V7.5, AIX-to-Linux migration on VMWare ESX Server 3.5 virtualization, implementation clustering IBM software stack WMQ 6.0.2/7.0, WAS 6.1/7.0, WMB 6.1/7.0, DB2 V9.1/V9.7 and WebSphere Extended Deployment 6.1/IBM Virtual Server Enterprise 7.0, Adobe LiveCycle ES2 v9 SP2 in WebSphere AS ND 6.1 on AIX 5.3
- Recommendations on optimum appserver tuning and best coding practices for enterprise JMS messaging using WebSphere MQ JMS provider and spring framework/hibernate ORM
- Privileged administrator as a Unix/Linux sysadm with root user privileges for WebSphere transaction processing on AIX, Solaris, Linux server hosts
- Tuning of WebSphere MQ Queue Managers and Broker Execution Groups
- Mentoring the staff for WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment, WMQ and WMB best practices, diagnostics and tools diagnosed severe heap problems and transaction failures caused by an ill-suited mix of Container Managed Transactions and Bean Managed Transactions within same application.
- LiveCycle infrastructure architect building singular Warner Bros. enterprise-wide global document system to replace retired eRoom and other document servers, focusing primarily on the LiveCycle extensive one year and six month project for project managers coordinating outsourced development of applications and working directly with Adobe Corporation consultant and providing WB transaction processing resources integrations with Oracle RAC. Went through two application software development life cycles and continued deep diagnostic support of Adobe LiveCycle ES2 V9 SP2 cluster on WebSphere 6.1 AIX 6.1, to eliminate defects and improve performance especially in the underlying Enterprise Alfresco Content Management.
- Adapting WebSphere group id security under Centrify DirectControl Single Sign On,
- Completion of major WebSphere data center migration from Virginia to Burbank done in a five month turnaround, Warner Bros. ended relationship with AOL
- Providing assistance with capacity planning, continuing assessments of technical risks for solution delivery managers and IT directors assessing IBM WebSphere product stack requirements
- Proof of technology/proof of concept, POT/POC, project with WebSphere Extended Deployment/Virtual Server Enterprise V6.1 and WebSphere Service Registry and Repository V6.1 on VMware VMotion, not to be adopted by WBEI.
- CreditGateWay Project, WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V6.0.2 and WebSphere MQ V5.3 on Windows 2003 Server on HP DL580, JVM heap problem resolution and tuning determined root cause of J2EE application memory leaks analyses of J2EE practices with recommendations to application developers for SOA WebServices building the ESB Disaster Recovery project formal exercise setting up the MQNetwork namesapce for failover from production implemented WAS clustering of servers cross-product WebSphere MQ JMS .provider for WebSphere problem determination .
- Recommendations on optimum appserver tuning and best coding practices for enterprise JMS messaging using WebSphere MQ JMS provider and Java NIO, non-blocking IO JDBC problem determination to apply correct DB2 V8.1 FixPack log4j best practices to solve logging problem Wily Introscope V6.1 installation and configuration on production servers.
- WBI/Paragon Project, mentoring, production system design and roll-out WebSphere Business Integration Message Broker V5, WebSphere Business Integration Adapter Framework V2.4, mySAP.com V5.5 Adapter, EMail Adapter V2.2 and WebSphere MQ V5.3, all on AIX 5.2L on IBM pSeries p690, WBIMB Configuration Manager on Windows Server 2000. EAI Middleware Project, initial WebSphere ICS 4.2.2 on AIX 5.2L pSeries p690 WebSphere Business Integration Adapter IMS/TM Adapter and IMS/DB Adapter installation, configuration, and troubleshooting to NEON IMS Shadow adapters
- WAS/J2EE Project, WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V5.0.2 on AIX 5.2L, JVM tuning, co-located enterprise application deployments and transaction processing troubleshooting
- MDI V2.x Managed Dealer Inventory Project, WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V5.1.1 on AIX 5.2L pSeries p570, JVM heap problem resolution via tuning and analyses of J2EE practices with recommendations to application developers this improved clustered server behavior and made the MDI application feasible to run daily using those workarounds to deter application-induced DB2 database deadlocks and dramatically reduce nightly batch cycle durations.
- VOP Virtual Order Processing Project, WebSphere Business Integration Server Foundation V5.1 on AIX 5.2L pSeries p690, WebSphere MQ and product extension Process Choreographer configuration.
- Online Warranty Project, WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V6 on SunFire V240 Solaris 9 application server SIB/ESB, HAManager and WebSphere MQ installation, configuration, and tuning, DB2 Content Manager V8.3
- FTL FedEx Project, WebSphere Commerce Server 5.1 on AIX 5.3L, implementation, configuration, troubleshooting and tuning.
WebSphere V5 Linux, WebSphere MQ 5.3 Linux, CICS Transaction Gateway V5 z/OS, Redhat Linux Enterprise 2.1, IBM Linux Integration Center support, debugging and mentoring for ADP's proof-of-concept transaction processing project on IBM xSeries performance and tuning of applications and Linux kernel on distributed test-bed system to collect and derive metrics for ROI analysis and recommendations of security in WebSphere MQ clustering in trading systems going to host backend wrote continuous series of project summary reports.
WebSphere Network Deployment 5.0 on Solaris 2.8 with Oracle 188.8.131.52, WebSphere 4.0 on AIX with Oracle 184.108.40.206 configuration using repeatable silent installs and troubleshooting of both HR internal and externalized application strict security setup requirements moving apps from the current intranet to outside the firewall designed for hiring debugged application for CLOB handling limitation with non-compliant Oracle JDBC thin client driver, initiated workarounds on internal and external application to move CLOBs out of connection pooling provided system administration on Solaris for meeting recommended WebSphere requirements for kernel and TCP/IP parameters wrote continuous series of project summary reports.
Confidential DB2 V7.1 for z/OS, Java JVM on z/OS USS Unix Systems Services and Java JVM on AIX for best practices mentoring on tuning and problem determination for an AIX-originated DB2 V7.1 JDBC Type 2 client application accessing CLOB data types by invoking COBOL stored procedures for EDI X12 835 interactions wrote project summary report.
Responsible for system architecture for a group of investors directed toward a merger-and-partnership. Giving direction in technical aspects for a merger with an existing ISP in the vertical market, the construction industry. Determining best options for the extension of these services with advice on the setup of a new data center and on the enterprise hardware running WebSphere 4.0/5.0, and designing the architecture and software specification of a J2EE web services business collaboration application and transaction middleware: WebSphere Application Developer 4.0/5.0, WebSphere Advanced Edition 4.0/5.0, DB2 UDB V8.1 Windows AIX, Linux, Windows 2000 Server and OS/400 R5V2. Clients/Projects: