- Over 15 years' experience IT and 5 years IBM WebSphere Administration on IBM-AIX, Sun Solaris 8/7/2.x, Linux Red Hat 7.0, 8.0, Suse 7.x, 8.x and Windows 2003/2008 in design and development of application software
- Experience in Websphere Message Broker and BPM
- Experienced with Four Gen Enterprise, Informix 4GL, ESQL/C and Unix
- Exceptionally good written and verbal communication skills
- Fast learner with Team player attitude as well as proficient in working independently.
- Responsible for the defect tracking and providing production support.
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
| || |
WebSphere Admin Consultant
- Installed, configured, administered and supported WebSphere Application Server 7.0/6.x
- Established appropriate environment and project lifecycle for Development, Testing and Deployment on WebSphere 6.1.
- Worked closely with developers to define and configure application Servers, Virtual Hosts, Web Applications, Web resources, JDBC drivers.
- Configured response file for silent install of WebSphere Base and Network Deployment.
- Configured WAS Global Security using Directory Server as a LDAP user registry.
- Setting up Groups and File system permissions to profiles and log directories for server specific Active directories to respective environments
- Configured SSL for Web Server.
- Configured WAS web server plug-in for multiple websites. Created Plugins directory for IHS 6.0 Webserver
- Configured Workload Management WLM using clusters.
- Configured replication domains and defined database/memory persistence for the failover.
- Worked on WebSphere automation using Jython Ksh for deployment and configuration of all WAS environments that help in minimizing the manual efforts.
- Configured WebSphere resources like JDBC, J2C and JMS.
- Configured Virtual Hosts in WebSphere and IHS to provide application isolation.
- Performance tuned the WebSphere Environment by configuring caching, queuing, pooling, JVM parameters and Problem determination using Tivoli Performance Viewer TPV to improve the web application which has been deployed on complex SOA environment
- Worked on problem tickets PMRs with IBM to find effective solutions to various problems and performance issues. Worked on WebSphere system related system work patches, fixes .
- Changed SOAP client properties with appropriate entries to issue credentials after enabling the security
- Involved in writing Jacl, Jython, Perl and Ant scripts to automate the maintenance process of the WebSphere and recovered the backed up WebSphere configuration using wasadmin, backupConfig and restoreConfig.
- Worked on troubleshooting Java applications using WAS logs, traces, Log Analyzer, Resource Analyzer/Tivoli Performance Viewer.
- Involved in assisting QA team for Load and Stress testing of J2EE applications.
- Responsible for Support and reliable maintenance of the applications on different platforms for on-going application development.
- Enabled the Global Security System for WAS Administration for Console users groups using Tivoli Access Manager as a LDAP User Registry for Authentication
- Created environment specific reference document for managing various operations.
- Provided 24/7 support for assigned applications
Environment: IBM WebSphere 6.x/7.1, IBM HTTP Server 1.3 / 2.0,AIX, Windows 2003/2008, DB2, UDB 8.0, SQL Server 2000, Tivoli access manager, Tivoli Directory Server, Java, Jython, Ant script, Jacl, Perl scripting.
WebSphere Admin Consultant
- Installing, configuring and maintaining Web and Database servers like IBM WebSphere Application Server, IBM HTTP Server, and DB2 on AIX platform.
- Responsible for Administration and Configuration of WebSphere in Production environments.
- Developed UNIX scripts to automate WebSphere Administration recycling the application server, deploying customer applications, logs rotation, monitor applications state, etc. .
- Installed the fix packs for the problems to get solved with the Application Server.
- Involved in Load balancing and Performance tuning for applications deployed in production environment.
- Responsible for configuring and maintaining IBM Edge Components like WebSphere Caching Proxy.
- Coordinated load balancing of servers with Network Dispatchers.
- Troubleshooting for Connection Pooling problems and Configured WebSphere resources like JDBC, J2C and JMS
Installation and Configuration of Web servers like Jakarta Tomcat
- Configured WAS web server plug-in for multiple websites. Created Plugins directory for tomcat Webserver
- Created SIB/JMS database for each node in WAS cluster to improve the application performance as well as Scalability and failover so that if the node goes offline another node takes over any pending JMS messages on the disabled node
- Implemented LDAP security using IBM Secureway LTPA and Single Sign on SSO .
- Established SSL communication between plug-in and application servers by configuring key stores and trust stores
- Troubleshoot WebSphere Application Server connection pooling and connection manager with DB2 databases.
- Worked on WebSphere components such as Work Load Management WLM and Tivoli Work Load Scheduler.
- Configured WebSphere load balancing using horizontal cloning and vertical cloning techniques.
- Developed WebSphere Control Program WSADMIN scripts and shell scripts to automate the maintenance process of the WebSphere Application Server and recover backed up WebSphere configuration using XMLConfig tool.
- Managed and coordinated trouble shooting, day-to-day support involving customer care and development teams for production applications on 24/7 schedule.
- Developed and maintained shell scripts that facilitate the Administration of IBM WebSphere Application Servers.
- Implemented SSL and digital certificates for web server and application servers.
Environment:- WebSphere Application Server 6.1/6.0, DB2, Sun Solaris 10.0/9.0, Windows 2003/2008, Oracle 10g,UNIX shell scripts, WSAD, RAD 7.5, Jacl and Jython scripts, SiteScope.
- Installed and configured WebSphere Application Server 7.x/6.x on platforms including AIX, Linux RedHat 6.0, and Windows 2003 for WMS Applications on Informix Database 8.x
- Involved in planning, performing and testing for the migration process of WebSphere Application Server environment.
- Implemented WASPreupgrade and WASPostupgrade tools for migrating WebSphere Application Server migration.
- Implemented co-existance environment between WAS V6.1.x ND and WAS V6.0.x BASE servers, using tools like converScriptCompatibility Installed and configured IBM HTTP Server.
- Involved in migration of WebSphere Application Server from V6.1 to V7.0
- Participated in various pre-upgrade and post-upgrade tasks including migration of enterprise applications, data source configuration, web server's plug-in configurations and JNDI naming.
- Involved in 24 7 on call support for enterprise application in development, testing, staging and production environments
- Involved in successful implementations of Workload Management WLM using horizontal and vertical clustering for failover and backup/recovery process
- Involved in daily trouble shooting and system maintenance tasks including log analysis, performance tuning and tracing.
- Configured MQ Series 5.3 client for WebSphere connectivity of JMS.
- Configured JDBC Providers, Data Sources, Virtual Hosting, Global Security using admin console.
- Developed Jacl and JYTHON scripts for daily administrative tasks.
- Developed shell scripts and batch process for automation.
Environment: WebSphere 7.x/6.x, AIX4.x, Windows NT/2003, IHS, WSAD 5.0, LDAP, Db2 7.x, Informix 7.X/8.x, Java/J2EE, JNDI, Servlets, JSP, XML.
- 24/7 on-call production support and troubleshooting issues related to WMS and ERP
- Provided extensive support in code deploy, change management, and application level troubleshooting for the Dev, Test, Pre-Prod Production environment
- Worked closely with development, messaging, network support teams, as the application was integrated with other products.
- Involved in integrating and testing the third party applications
- Involved extensively in trouble shooting the issues and finding out root cause analysis.
- Worked closely with vendors during trouble tickets and also in coming to a solution.
- I had update batch process to existing system and added new reports for the clients specific.
- Worked with the team for writing and deploying shell scripts to automate various tasks like start and stop scripts, log rotation, working with batch files.
Environment: Informix 4GL, Solaris, AIX, Windows NT, Db2, Informix dbms,
- Worked as System Analyst for designing, developing and testing the software for the E.R.P. Application.
- I was doing regression testing for the application. Conducted analyses, trouble shoot, oversee the resolution of issues involved with system migration process testing and implementation.
- I had added about 25 screens to existing system and 50 reports.
- Worked with batch processing system performing routine maintenance and debugging system errors.
- Had extensive interface with both management and customers from beginning of project through Worked on client/server application for national distribution company.
- Areas of expertise include Security, Accounts Payable, Account Receivable, Order Processing, Management Reporting, Purchasing, Inventory Control, and General Ledger.
Environment: MS Windows NT, AIX UNIX, Unix Shell Scripting, Visual Basic 6.0, ODBC, C, Informix 4-Gen Enterprise
- Responsible for the business critical application, CQis which supports manufacturing plants in their efforts to improve product quality.
- CQis supports the Quality Best Practices of First Time Quality FTQ and International Uniform Vehicle Audit IUVA .
- CQis is a process oriented quality system that helps users identify, contain, and prevent product discrepancies.
- CQis does this by collecting, storing, and reporting quality information.
- Responsible for working with store system team for new development and enhancements to existing system Provided problem resolution, support, functional enhancements and developed new screens for a client/server application used by 2100 Kmart stores.
- System used Informix 4GL, ESQL/C, Oracle, PL/SQL, UNIX, Informix Global Error Trapping IGET , and C.
- Worked on team to develop and code an application which gave Kmart stores immediate credit if a vendor's product is bad/corrupted, eliminating the delay in waiting for authorization from the corporate office.
- Worked on team to develop and code an application giving the stores the ability to identify and return recalled product.
- Worked on team to develop and code a completely new system for Purchase Order management. We used Informix 4GL, ESQL/C, Unisys Unix shell, and C and IGET functions of Informix.
- Worked as System Analyst for designing, developing and testing the software for the E.R.P. Application