With 20 years in IT and over 10 years of enterprise Architect level experience seeking tbe a key contributor at the Architect or Director level. A broad and diverse background that includes consulting, business, architecture, management, and excellent communication skills enable me tsee the business and technical Big Picture and tserve as a advisor for both IT and Business leadership teams. Experienced across several industries including all domains Business, Data, Application, Infrastructure involving many technologies in a diverse set of roles. Have successfully performed as a software engineer, applications developer, systems administrator, project manager, applications manager and architect. An entrepreneur whsolely with stock and a vision built a top tier team of healthcare professionals and engineers providing a Cloud based product google 'Virtuosant' . Have stayed close ttechnology can still code sthat I can speak with confidence when dealing with technical teams, and several years of consulting tenable corporations with Enterprise Portals, eCommerce, and SOA based solutions have given me deep experience in working with the stake holders at all levels from across the enterprise. Strategic, tactical, and organizational transformation experience enable me tquickly make a rapid and significant contribution tthe success of your organizational goals.
- TOGAF 9.1 Certified
- Currently studying for Big Data Hadoop certification
- Quickly ramped up on the business and supporting technologies
- Documented the current state enterprise architecture
- Assisted Director of eCommerce through brainstorming based on my past eComm experience
- Established Sharepoint repository for EA artifacts
- Gathered existing subsystem models and categorized in repository
- Performed guidance tIT leadership on moving towards enterprise wide SOA
- Advised on SOA products
- Modeled and recommended SOA layers approach
- Generated first draft of 3 year roadmap for moving tSOA
- Initiated vendor Oracle, IBM, Tibcevaluations for SOA platform products starting with Data Quality DQ and Master Data Management MDM
- Investigated/Analyzed appropriate options for utilization of Cloud Strategy
- Performed technical review of cloud based shipment software Shipworks for potential purchase
- Made recommendations on:
- ARB governance
- ESB governance
- Framework tfollow in determining and advancing the enterprise SOA maturity level
- Established/Led Architectural Review Board
- Performed POC with HADOOP and multi-value data, made recommendation concerning Big Data strategy
- Led Action Team timplement system and code enhancements based on Vendors review of Unidata
- Worked with the infrastructure team and generated a server inventory listing owner, OS, and function
- Worked with Network Admin tdocument current state of Network
- Technology stack: ATG eCommerce, Unidata ERP, Oracle, SQL Server, Mule ESB, JDA, MQ Series, Java, REST, EDI, Sharepoint
- Sparx EA, Visio, PowerPoint, SharePoint, SmartDraw, Hadoop
- Reported tCIlevel, recommended, advised, led, and performed the execution of several key strategic initiatives for the organization
- Established an Enterprise Architecture practice in a complex and challenging environment
- Performing stakeholder interviews End users, Architects, Project Managers, Developers
- Documenting current state of systems in a heavy COTS Oracle ERP, Oracle IDM, BMC/Remedy, GOLDesp, etc. environment
- Research, presentation/ recommendation on appropriate EA framework tfollow recommended a TOGAF/DODAF approach
- Research, presentation/recommendation on appropriate EA Tool/Repository tbe used
- Development/ Delivery of: Principles of Architecture, Architecture Definition Documents, EA intranet site content/structure, EA repository, Governance ARB , Reference Architecture, modeling.
- Leading organizational change via consulting, mentoring, and the development of key artifacts proposals, models, documentation . This has resulted in the following strategic initiatives:
- Made proposal tmove towards SOA environment via ESB BizTalk , Portal SharePoint and Cloud Azure technology resulting in first project tdso. Have generated the high level design for this first system Uniform Eligibility system , and assisting with POC.
- Proposed moving tAgile/Scrum methodology for software development. Served on the team as a key resource only one with practical experience tperform this transition. Generated the project plan.
- Worked towards the generation of an IT Service Catalog .
- Contributed tstrategic plan for the software engineering center Goals and steps tachieve
- Presentations texecutive management
- Provided architectural input/review for Oracle IDM Identity Management project
- Analysis/recommendation/generation of RFP/SLA for level 3 and 4 support of major enterprise system
- Worked on generating a SOP/Runbook for new Cyber Security Operations Center
- Tools used: Sparx Enterprise Architect, Visio, PowerPoint, BizTalk, SharePoint, SmartDraw
- Responsible for portal based enterprise intranet and extranet for a large healthcare insurance organization
- Perform systems architectural, administration, and support activities in a Windows and AIX environment
- Responsible for multiple enterprise products in a Test, QA and Production environment
- Architected/installed/configured enterprise search solution
- Documented the existing state logical and physical architecture
- Mentored junior staff
- Resolved critical system issues portal DB connections, Omnifind indexing issue
- Utilizing WebSphere Portal, IBM Omnifind, IBM Connections, Tivoli Directory Integrator, Tivoli Security, PeopleSoft, DB2, MS SQL, Wily Introscope.
- Performed as Architect /Engineer in migration of a B2B Portal from V6 tV7
- Performed architectural analysis/design/development on multiple components and web services
- Documented/managed portfoliof portal applications
- Conversion of IBM API tJSR-286 using the JSF framework
- Worked on Ajax based components
- Performed application/systems performance analysis and testing
- Agile/Scrum development methodology
- Java 7.x, JSF 1.2, Oracle 11G, JSP/JSTL, RAD v8.x, WebSphere Portal V7.x, SVN, Web Services SOAP, WSDL , XML, JQuery, AJAX, HP LoadRunner
Senior Solutions Architect
- Worked closely with the business stakeholders tinsure alignment with business objectives
- Performing SA and PM duties in for roll out a Hybris B2B commerce site for major manufacturer Gildan .
- Site included internationalization and Integration of a 3rd party LogTool and Sales Sheet
- Working with Spring based Hybris Accelerators, Extensions and Cockpits.
- Work closely with client and development team in an Agile/Scrum environment.
- Direct technical team efforts and initiatives.
- Utilized Hybris, Spring, Java, Eclipse, HTML5
eCommerce Developer B2C
- Intentionally took this heads-down programming role tenhance my abilities as an Architect
- Agile/Scrum methodology
- Performed custom table creation and population.
- Developed staging triggers.
- Implemented Google Analytics.
- Developed custom Commerce email notifications.
- Performed controller command extensions.
- Developed custom trigger modal for store and vehicle selection.
- Performed development and customization of numerous store JSPs.
- JSP, XML, JSTL, Struts, Java, J2EE, JQuery, AJAX , WebSphere Commerce V7, RAD v7, Subversion
Principal Technical Architect
- Initially brought in tplay a key leadership role in building out a new WebSphere Commerce/Portal practice.
- Reported tSenior Director
- Architected/designed custom search solution based on SOLR/Lucene.
- Performed load testing for Lenovo's new WebSphere portal via HP Loadrunner.
- Participated as technical resource in L.A. County and Hanes sales pursuit.
- Performed all architecture, analysis, design, development and administration of new eCommerce B2B site for Gulfstream Aeronautic parts.
- Worked closely with the business stakeholders and executive team tinsure technical/business alignment
- Gathered Business Requirements and generated design and project planning documentation.
- Installation/configuration on Windows and AIX server.
- Gap analysis and Proof of concept creation
- UI and CSS customization.
- Performed portlet development.
- Master Catalog creation and massload.
- Custom security configuration with Novell LDAP e-Directory.
- Installed and utilized both Enterprise Oracle 10 and 11g.
- Install and configure of remote IBM Http server.
- Application of fixes and updates.
- Use of IBM PMR's when needed.
- Migrated Commerce V126.96.36.199 tV7.
- RAD V6 and V7. Thorough knowledge of the WC Toolkit.
- Integration with Corridor Order Management system via web service.
- Worked closely with DBA's, UNIX admins, and Business Analysts.
- Performed work during evenings, nights, weekends
- Established healthcare focused software company as a corporation self-funded
- Architected/Developed a Cloud SAAS based product Healthcare Patient Portal on AWS
- Based solely on stock and vision, built an elite management and technical team included one physician, healthcare executives, and several engineers. A total of 15 people
- Performed heavy research and established contacts for offshore programming capabilities Vietnam and Singapore
- Established partnerships achieved IBM Advanced partners level, Amazon AWS Cloud
- Developed Business Plan, built web site, performed marketing
- Sought funding, responded tNissan Corp. with SOW for new 'Dealership Portal'.
Portal Solutions Architect
- Worked across departments and with business stakeholders in order tproduce optimal application architecture in an SOA based environment.
- Portal 6 and RAD7. Generated conceptual and logical architecture documentation for Portal Single-Sign-On SS.
- Documented as-is architecture and formulated/documented recommended future state portal architecture.
- Infrastructure technologies consist of Portal, Security, BPM and SOA. Products utilized were WebSphere Portal, WebSeal, TIM/TAM, Pega, TibcESB, and WebSphere MQ.
WebSphere Portal Architect and PM
- Architected and managed their first enterprise portal implementation.
- Gathered business requirements.
- Generated 3 year Roadmap
- Consulted Senior IT and Business Executive Management.
- Generated Architecture, Non-Functional Requirements, Governance, Team skills assessment, JSR 168 portlet design, and other project documentation.
- Provided portal and WCM subject matter expertise.Portal is v188.8.131.52 running on zLinux/zOS mainframe.
WebSphere Portal Architect
- Acted as a consultant tBusiness and Technical Executive management.
- Generated 5 year roadmap.
- Gathered and documented all business and system requirements for new enterprise portal.
- Developed logical and physical architecture design based on requirements.
- Assisted eCommerce implementation team with content management integration and table design
WebSphere Solutions Architect
- Based upon customer requirements, architected a Struts/Tiles, JAXB/XML, WAS 5, and IWWCM 2.1 solution that relied heavily on front-end and back-end caching treach performance goals.
- Performed hands-on JAXB/Web Service development utilizing RAD.
- Produced application design documentation.
WebSphere Portal Architect / Team Lead
- Acted as a consultant tSenior Business and Technical team
- Recommended and performed POC which led tsenior management's decision tus Portal technology rather than a custom J2EE solution.
- Performed Business analysis and process modeling.
- Defined Architecture and Coding standards for this disability claims handling portal.
- Large N-tier project utilizing WebSphere Portal, WebSphere Server, Web Services, webMethods, UDB, DB2, and mainframe programs. Successfully researched, recommended, and implemented WPS 5.1 and RAD 6.0.
- Identified existing internal resources code, graphics, portal expertise and architecture for re-use which saved the company thousands of man-hours. This was recognized up through the CIand has resulted in a new company wide portal strategy focusing on reusability.
- Made recommendations for server and PC hardware requirements needed for development.
- Installed/configured WebSphere Portal 5.1 on team server and development server.
- Developed portlets that utilized WebMethods Java API and Web Services. Developed/deployed portlets from Use Cases for use in management and business group meetings.
- Setup/configured project in Borland StarTeam SCM tool. Participated in requirements document sessions with the business unit. Performed Use Case and technical design.
- Mentored junior J2EE/Java developers. Management of offshore development of JSPs.
- Generated documentation on SCM, Package Naming, RAD 6 install and configuration. Performed objective time estimation for design and development.
- Interviewed potential team members. Led team of seven developers.