- 33 years of Mainframe Systems Programming experience architecting and leading the implementation of complex Operating System and Subsystem installations and upgrades.
- Mainframe Security SME and Auditor.
- Lead Mainframe Monitoring and Alerting via Mainframe and Windows/UNIX based software.
- Middleware installation, customization and monitoring across mainframe and distributed platforms.
- Mainframe Automation implementaion and customization.
- Broad experience delivering presentations, technology transfer workshops and hands - on demos for technical and non-technical audiences.
SUMMARY OF TECHNICAL SKILLS:
Operating Systems: z/OS (aka MVS, OS/390), z/VM, AIX, Linux, Windows
Security Software: RACF, ACF2, Top Secret (aka TSS)
Middleware: CICS, IMS, WebSphere MQ, Connect Direct
Automation: SA z/OS, CA-OPS/MVS, CA-AUTOMATE
DASD Administration: DFSMS, BMC MainView SRM (Stop-X37), FDR, CA-Disk
Tape Management: DFSMSrmm, CA-1
Job Scheduling: TWS, CA-7, CA-11, Control-M
Report Writing: DFSORT, SYNCSORT
Network Software: VTAM, TCP/IP
Output Management: CA-Spool, CA-View (SAR), RMDS, VPW, Mobius, CA-BUNDL
Printer Management: VPS, Infoprint
Session Management: CA-TPX, CL/Supersession (Session Manager)
Monitoring Software: MXG, MICS, OMEGAMON, TMON, RMF, Resolve, Nastel
Programming Languages: Assembler, CLIST, Rexx, PL/I, COBOL, FORTRAN, C
Storage: IBM DASD, EMC DASD, IBM DS6800, Oracle (STK) 9310
Desktop: Windows, Linux, MS-Office
WebSphere MQ Consultant
- Support WebSphere MQ on z/OS
- Planned and upgraded z/OS (aka MVS, OS/390) WMQ V7.0.1 to V7.1.0 for customer with 24x7 large scale complex environments ( high volume, large number of CICS and IMS applications, users in multiple continents)
- Designed/Wrote Rexx Application to aid in MQ Health Checks
- Interacted with CA-OPS/MVS to Startup/Shutdown WebSphere MQ and suggest changes to Up Messages
WebSphere MQ Consultant
- Support WebSphere MQ on z/OS
- Assist/train team members on TSO/ISPF, JCL, Monitoring
- Rexx programming to produce Implementation Forecast which is emailed daily to interested parties
WebSphere MQ Consultant
Confidential, Denver, CO
- Plan and configure WebSphere MQ on z/OS
- Design Security (RACF) environment for WebSphere MQ on z/OS
- Explain WebSphere MQ RACF Security to customer and plan for its implementation
- Order/install IBM Application Performance Analyzer and Debug Tool
- Research and APPLY PSP to be ready for zBC12 Processor Upgrade
- RACF Planning and Administration
- Install and configure z/VM 6.3
- Configure AT-TLS for FTPS on z/OS
- Order/Apply Toleration Maintenance so that upgrades can be backed out if necessary
- Order/Install/Configure z/OS 2.1 and migrate users, data and customizations from z/OS 1.13
- Repair HMC configuration and Automation so that all LPARs start automatically after an Activate
- DS6800 Storage Administration
- Liaison between CTI and hardware and softwar vendors
- z/OS (aka MVS, OS/390) WebSphere MQ (WMQ) Support
- Plan and enable ACF2 Security on Mainframe Queue Managers
- Maintain and support OMEGAMON July 2013 - Consultant Cartagena Software Markham, ON
- Research and test Super User, a new USS security product for RACF
- RACF Planning and administration
- Install, customize, test ISKLM for encrypting Tape Data
- Configure SMTP on z/OS
- Consult/Test Automation implementation via Co-Pilot.
- z/OS (aka MVS, OS/390) WebSphere MQ (WMQ) Support z/OS (aka MVS, OS/390) WebSphere MQ (WMQ) and WebSphere Application Server (WAS) upgrades
- Planned and upgraded z/OS (aka MVS, OS/390) WMQ V5.3.1 to V7.0.1, V6 to V7.1 for multi-national customers with 24x7 large scale complex environments (multiple Queue Sharing Groups, high volume, large number of CICS and IMS applications, users in multiple continents) z/OS Tivoli OMEGAMON XE for Messaging installation/configuration
- RACF and ACF2 Review and Changes
- Rexx and CLIST programming
- Design, Build, Implement Rexx solution to generate ALTER NEWNAME (IDCAMS) Commands for middleware implementation of maintenance and upgrades
- Interacted with CA-OPS/MVS to Startup/Shutdown WebSphere MQ December 2010 - February 2012 Senior Technical Analyst New Horizon System Solutions/Ontario Power Generation Toronto, ON
- Installed CICS TS 4.1, Enterprise COBOL 4.2 and File Manager V11
- RACF Review and changes
- Upgraded a CICS/IDMS Region from CICS TS 1.3 to CICS TS 2.3, upgraded a CICS/DB2 Region from CICS TS 2.3 to CICS TS 4.1
- Administered DFSMSrmm, VPS
- Designed and Implemented DFSMSrmm Exits and parameter changes for a new
Confidential, Brooklyn, NY
- Second Level support for z/OS and Software Products including System Automation RACF, WebSphere (MQ Series V5.2.0 and Application Server V5) and CICS
- Installed/Upgraded/Configured/Coordinated CANDLE OMEGAMON XE Products (MVS, CICS, DB2, WebSphere MQ and Mainframe Networks) on 15 LPARs
- Automation: Debugged CANDLE OMEGACENTER GATEWAY and POVI. Redesigned SA MATs and Parent/Child relationships.
- Updated SYSRES Clone (ISPF) Dialog to convert from DFSMSdss to FDR and Real Tape to Virtual Tape (VTCS).
- Ongoing: Media cleanup, Catalog cleanup, RACF cleanup.
- Installed/Upgraded/Customized EMC Software on z/OS: Resource Pack, IFS, IFT, SRDF.
- Installed/Upgraded/Customized BMC DASD Storage Software on z/OS: MAINVIEWSRM StopX37/II
- Product Migrations: Converted JCL Streams from File-AID to FileManager during product migration and assisted users to convert from Intertest and Expediter to DebugTool
- Assisted DB2 Upgrades from V6 to V7
- Installed, customized and maintained z/OS 1.4, 1.7 and 1.9, including ServerPac Dataset Naming Convention and layout, reinstalling Usermods (and redesigning where necessary), migrating forward ISV Software Products (e.g. MIM, SYNCSORT, Sun/STK HSC and VTCS, SoftAudit) and Usercatalogs
- Translated (Rexx Execs) from VM (and wrote Assembler programs and JCL for the z/OS environment), maintained and customized a legacy (APL/DI) PL/1 application to un-Invert data from z/OS going to the Linux environment via NFS on z/OS. Rewrote a section of this application to handle non-Integer and Floating Point data.
- Designed, wrote and implemented an Assembler Language (BAL, ALC) application, Connect:Direct (NDM) Security Exit and FTP Logon Exit to record Userids and Passwords to assist a migration from z/OS to a UNIX environment.
- Planned, installed, customized CICS TS 3.2 and upgraded from CICS TS 2.2 including Debug Tool, Fault Analyzer and File Manager. Customizations included reinstalling/redesigning usermods and evaluating/implementing RACF changes.
- Rewrote a portion of a COBOL program (which parses CSV Data) in Assembler and thereby saved 50% CPU across 16 daily jobs which process 5,000,000,000 records.
- AIX: Self-Study course, Second Level support of Batch (MBM) Environment. Converted/Tested Batch Jobs to use TRX instead of FTP. Ongoing troubleshooting and administration of WebSphere MQ Series.
- Linux: Ongoing troubleshooting and administration of TCP Wrappers and Connect Direct (NDM).
- Windows: Ongoing troubleshooting and administration of Connect Direct (NDM) and WebSphere MQ Series. Level 2 support for IBM MQ WebSphere MQ Explorer Nastel AutoPilot and Sterling Control Center.
- Upgraded Connect Direct (Linux) from 3.8 to 4.0 and Sterling Control Center from 4.2 to 5.1.
- Upgraded z/VM from 5.2 to 5.4.
- Upgraded HSC (Sun/STK Silo Software) on MVS and VM from 6.0 to 6.2.
- Participated in Site-Swap of AIX and Linux systems. Reconciled TCP/IP differences for TCP Wrappers and Connect Direct nodes.
- Designed, wrote and implemented a PL/1 and Rexx (VM) application to reconcile an inventory of restored backup files (being sent to a regulatory body) with lists of date ranges for these files (to ensure that none were missing).
- WebSphere MQ Series: Self-Study course, Second Level support for WebSphere MQ Series on z/OS, UNIX and Windows
- Designed, wrote and implemented a combination of C-Language Programs and BASH Scripts to capture Passive Mode FTP failures across disparate UNIX Systems.
- Assisted in converting Mainframe z/OS COBOL Programs to run on AIX in Microfocus COBOL.
- Designed, tested and updated laboratory exercises for a z/VM Education courseware provider.
- Plan/Define/Code/Test/Implement/Document System Automation (SA z/OS) environment for z/OS IPL and Shutdown, including CICS and IMS.
- Document procedures for adding additional CICS and IMS SubSystems
- Customize Security (RACF) environment for z/OS
- Chief Systems Programmer for a Migration from OS/390 2.10 to z/OS 1.4 including 64-bit Architecture implementation. Some (Assembler Language) Usermods required rewriting.
- Project Planning/Management
- Second Level support for Operating System and Software
- I designed and wrote (RACF, z/OS Security Server) security-related reporting software to assist the Security Department (and other Infrastructure areas) in their quest to be OCC compliant.
- The reports were written using a combination of Vanguard, ICETOOL/SYNCTOOL and Rexx.
- Was responsible to do Security Administration and Knowledge Transfer to Security Officers.
- I migrated OS/390 2.9 to z/OS 1.4.
- After gathering and applying Toleration Maintenance, z/OS was installed from a ServerPac.
- Subsequently, NJE and TCP/IP connections to VM were verified.
- Assembler Language Usermods were rewritten where necessary.
- Implemented Performance Reporting Facility (VMPRF) and TCP/IP connectivity between z/VM (on a Multiprise 3000) and a LAN (using Emulated I/O).
- Was on call for Production issues.
- Installed and implemented z/VM and Linux Guests.
- Installed and configured Linux on Intel and S/390 (Z900) platforms.
- Did an OS/390 Migration from 2.5 to 2.8. This included debugging CICS Application programs (written in Assembler). Also, it involved upgrading/implementing OMEGAMON (MVS, CICS, MQ, and IMS) and (Compuware) File-AID and Abend-AID. Was on call for Production issues.
- Supported application developers in a COBOL/DB2 environment. This included performance improvements for less than optimal code as well as assisting them with Problem Determination and Resolution.
- Migrated OS/390 from 1.3 to 2.6. This involved Toleration Maintenance for DFSMS, ATL and ZSeries Processor.
- Attended WebSphere Application Server (WAS) education and implemented it on OS/390.
- (RACF) Security Assessment for a customer. This included reviewing all PARMLIB entries, Subsystems and Access (Logical and Physical) Policies for potential security exposures.
- Learned Java via self-study materials.
- I designed and built a REXX (Windows Object REXX) application to automate the gathering of SMP/E Pre-/Co-requisite maintenance items using (E)HLLAPI and Personal Communications. A US Patent was obtained for its design.
- Attended the ACF2 (and Top Secret) to RACF Migration course and did ACF2 to RACF Migrations. I was the Country-Level Number 2 RACF Support Person.
- Implemented OS/390 V2.6 and CICS TS V1.3. This included identifying RACF Profile additions (e.g. upgrading from CICS V4.1 to CICS TS). Many ISV products were installed and upgraded.
- Was on call for Production issues.
- Upgraded ISV products to be Y2K-compatible. I installed, configured and customized IBM and ISV products including: TCP/IP, CICS V4, SDF II, SUPRA, CA90s, CA-ACF2, CA-BUNDL, CA-LSERV, CA-EasyTrieve+, Intertest, MegaSolve/SSA and BETA 42.
- Defined RACF Profiles for the upgrade including CICS V2 to CICS V4.Designed and wrote a Utility to allow all SDF II Screen Definitions to be GENERATEd, Assembled and Link Editted via a batch ISPF Application.
- Did a Y2K OS/390 products Upgrade. I installed, configured and customized IBM and ISV products including: ADABAS, NATURAL, PREDICT, NATURAL Security, ADABAS Online Services, IOA/CTM/CTO, CA-View and CA-Deliver.
- I designed, built and implemented a “Toolkit” targeted at MVS Systems Programmers who do work at customer sites. The Toolkit is flexible vis-a-vis Dataset Naming Conventions and DASD VOLSERs.
- Also, it is SMP/E-Installable making it relatively easy to install and maintain.
- Implemented a SysPlex. I installed many IBM and ISV Software Products and designed Assembler Language Exits for MVS, JES2, SMF, DFSMShsm and CA-1.
- Upgraded MICS and OLTP/DBMS (CICS, IMS, DB2) products from BMC and Platinum.