- Over 7 years of IT industry experience in Systems Administration, IBM WebSphere V5.x/6.x/7.x/8.0/8.5 Administration, IBM WebSphere MQSeries 5.x/6.0, integrating with all the J2EE components. Technical abilities include installations, configurations, security, migrations, and technical support for large enterprise applications.
- Proficient in Architecture, Installation, Setup and Configuration of IBM WebSphere Application Server 7.0/6.x/5.x/4.0 and IBM Http Server 1.3/2.x/6.x/7.0. Involved in configuring J2EE Enterprise Applications on heterogeneous platforms under multi-cell and multi-node environments.
- Experience of system administration on Sun-Solaris 10/9/8/7/2.x, Linux Redhat, Suse , AIX3.x/4.x/5.x, Windows NT/2000.
- Involved and Implemented various Application architecture designs, WebServer and WebSphere Application Server load balancing techniques Horizontal and Vertical Clustering , WebSphere Global Security LTPA mechanism , SSL Mutual Authentication , Single Sign-on using Oblix and SiteMinder, Websphere MQ.
- Experienced in TCP/IP fundamentals DNS, FTP, LDAP, Remote Access, Security Management, System Troubleshooting skills, and good knowledge in networking concept including Load Balancers and Firewalls.
- Adept at Monitoring and altering filesystem usage, hardware and system process failures.
- Expertise in Tuning of Application Servers by Tivoli Performance Viewer and Compuware Vantage Analyzer like setting the dynamic cache size and setting the JVM heap size using collected Performance Monitoring Infrastructure PMI data.
- Resolved Deployment issues and network issues for Development team and in Production Environment. Created Data Sources to a variety of Databases, including DB2, SQL and Oracle.
- Hands on experience in deploying, implementing, testing and support of full life cycle implementations of various J2EE/Internet/Intranet and distributed applications.
- Well experienced in all stages of implementing the workload Management WLM using cloning and clustering.
- Opened PMR's and working closely with IBM support to resolve all environmental issues.
- Experience in configuring SSL security for the HTTP and iPlanet servers.
- Configured and implemented security for all the SOA services using XML firewall and VPN appliance.
- Highly skilled in updating plugin and config file for troubleshooting and improving performance.
- Worked with IBM on problem determination, troubleshooting, and resolution PMRs, running and submitting, gather scripts and log info, turning, trace, verbose-gc, taking thread and heapdump.
- Expert in using JProbe to identify the memory usage, leaks and analyzing the Garbage Collection and configuring the right GC parameters for better performance.
- Performed root-cause analysis for production outages and provided management with analysis reports.
- Configured global security for WebSphere Application Server using IBM Directory Server as LDAP user registry and configured SSL for ldap communication.
- Configured Queue Connections Factories, Queue Definitions, and Listener Ports in order to provide connectivity to Enterprise MQ infrastructure and also worked on Service Integration Bus SIB configuration in V6.x
- Well experienced in writing shell scripts in bourne and korn shells, wrote JACL, python, jython scritps to automate most of the WebSphere administrative tasks via the wsadmin util, CRON jobs and deploy on LPARS.
- Excellent team worker and ability to quickly adopt and work under minimal supervision. Ability to communicate requirements effectively to team members and manage applications. Extensive experience in providing 24/7 on-call support for applications running on IBM WebSphere J2EE application servers.
IBM AIX 4.3/5.x, Linux Red Hat 6.x/7.x/8.0 , Sun Solaris 7.x/8.x, Win NT/2000, HP-UX.
JSP, Servlets, EJB, RMI, JAAS, JMS, XML, XSLT.
Resource Analyzer, Log Analyzer.
Oracle 10g, MS SQL Server2000, DB2
WebSphere Application Server 5.x/6.x/7.x/8.x, Web Logic, Sun One.
Apache, IBM HTTP Server, Sun One WebServer.
HTTP, TCP/IP, SNA, DNS, LAN, WAN, SSH, DHCP, SMTP, POP3, IMAP, LDAP, Samba, VPN solutions, MS Proxy Server 2.0.
Shell Scripting, Perl, Jacl, Jython
- Configuring of JDBC Providers, Data Source, Virtual Hosts Configuration, Global Security, SSL and LDAP.
- Enabled Global Security for the Admin Console and application components.
- Worked in different environments like Development and Pre-production.
- Involved in Planning, Design, Installation and Integration of WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment v7.x/8.0/8.5, IBM HTTP Server/ Plugins v6.1/7.0/8.0 and Apache 2.2.
- Installed, configured and maintained Internet and Intranet Applications on WebSphere Application Server v7.x/8.0/8.5, IBM HTTP Server v7.x/8.0 on diverse UNIX flavours like AIX, RHEL and Windows 2008 R2 Operating System.
- Installed EARs, WARs and configured application specific JVM settings, Web container parameters using the Admin Console and WSADMIN scripts.
- Tuned the JVMs by analyzing the must gather information for Application Server hangs on AIX, Linux.
- Applied Fix packs and Refresh packs on WebSphere Application Server.
- Experience in creating Queue Connection factories, Queue/Topic destinations and other JMS resources.
- Occasionally used Resource Analyzer/ Tivoli Performance Viewer to monitor WebSphere Applications and tuned the environment accordingly like changing the JVM Heap, Connection Pool sizes.
- Created SSL certificates and CA certificates using IKEYMAN and WebSphere Admin Console.
- Configured and setup Secure Sockets Layers SSL for data encryption and client authentication.
- Worked closely with developers to define and configured application Servers, Virtual Hosts, Web Applications, Web resources, Servlets, JDBC drivers and Servlets Engines-as well as deployment of EJBs across multiple instances of WebSphere.
- Configuration and Administration of WebSphere Application server using Wsadmin tool JACL and JYTHON Scripting.
- Troubleshooting server issues, Java code defects after deployment, and class path issues by checking the JVM logs, plug-in logs and the web server logs.
- Involved with load balancing team to configure BigIP load balancer for production environment.
- Involved in Performance monitoring and tuning database connection pools, thread pools, JVM Heap Size to required sizes using admin console.
- Installed, Configured and administered IBM MQ Series v6.0 and also applied refresh packs/fixpacks to v6.0 and upgraded to 18.104.22.168.
- Migrated MQ Series from v22.214.171.124 to v7.0 with fresh installations and configurations.
- Created and Configured MQ series objects like Queue Manager, Queue, Channels, Transmission Queues, Namelists etc., for Messaging and Queuing.
- Experienced in upgrading Fixpacks and maintenance upgrades Support packs
- Troubleshoot hardware and software problems, and interact with IT staff or vendors in performing complex testing, support and troubleshooting functions.
- Provided 24 7 on-call support on a shift rotation basis and monitored trouble ticket queues to attend user and system calls.
Environment: IBM WebSphere Application server 6.0/6.1/7.0/8.0, IBM WebSphere MQ series v126.96.36.199/7.0, IBM HTTP Server 6.0/6.1/7.0/8.0, AIX, Windows, LINUX, LDAP, JACL/JYTHON.
- Installed, configured, administered WAS ND and Base integrated with Apache Http Server, LDAP security, Wily Introscope
- Experience in deploying and debugging applications on Base and ND.
- Automated administration, maintenance and troubleshooting through Perl, Shell, JACL and Jython scripting for for ALL day-to-day activities both WAS and shell.
- Built different environments development, UAT, Production with WAS 6.1 installation
- Migrated WAS 5.x applications to WAS 6.x and WAS 6.x to 7.x configuring datasources.
- Installed, configured and administered Apache Http Server, Tomcat server and deployed applications on it
- Configured two cell production environment with 15 nodes, 28 application servers
- Performance estimation and tuning for the WebSphere Application Server system.
- Worked in building, configuring and setting up Testing and Production Environments and tested and supported the project according to Business Rules and specifications.
- Experienced in Installation, Configuration and Administration of WebSphere MQ 5.x and 6.x
- Installed Apache HTTP Server on different nodes and configured them by generating the plug-in from ND Administration Console.
- Configured and Enabled the Global Security System for WAS Administration for Console users and Console Groups using Active Directory Server as a LDAP User Registry.
- Involved in Creating and Managing the Nodes, Application Server's, Cluster's and Deployed Multiple J2EE Applications
- Profiled all the J2EE Application's and worked with Application Groups in improving performance of application and possible memory leaks in application before deploying.
- Deployment of J2EE Applications involved in Creating Cluster's for Load Balancing and FailOver, Configuring Resources like JDBC Provider, Creating Virtual Hosts, Shared Libraries, JNDI Configurations, EJB References, Creating Environment Variables, and Configuring Session Management.
- Involved in Creating Shell Scripts like Automation of Startup and Shutdown Processes
- Interacted and Co-ordinated with different Application Groups for Hot Deployment and Dynamic Reloading of the Applications.
- Involved in troubleshooting and resolving problems encountered when implementing models.
- Regularly updated the servers with the latest Sun recommended software and security patches.
- Provided technical and production support for both online and batch environments of existing systems.
- Wrote ANT scripts for cluster and server creation, deploying applications, configuring datasources, restarting servers.
- Installed Wily 7.0 and added different users to access the Wily tool.
Environment: IBM WebSphere Application Server 6.x/7.x, WebSphere MQ 5.x,6.x Oracle 9i,10g Solaris SunOS 5.8and 5.10, RHEL 5.x,6.x, Apache Http server 1.3.27, IIS 7.0, JRun, Apache Tomcat 5.x, Wily 7.x, LDAP server.
- Installed, configured and maintained IBM WebSphere Application Server 5.x/6.1, IBM WebSphere MQSeries 5.x/6.x, IBM Http Server 1.3/2.0, Apache 2.x on heterogeneous platforms AIX 5.3/Sun Solaris 8.5/Linux/Windows NT .
- Involved in migration from WAS 5.1.1 Network Deployment and Base to WAS 6.1 ND on AIX platform. Applied refresh packs, fixpacks and cumulative fixes for WebSphere, IHS and plugins.
- Created DMGR, application server and custom profiles in Linux platform for dev, test, preprod and production and federated application server and custom profile to DMGR using addNode.sh command.
- Hands on experience in Migrating the existing configuration and applications of IBM WebSphere using WASPreUpgrade and WASPostUpgrade tools on AIX.
- Applied Fix Packs for WebSphere Application Server 5.1/6.1 and hot fixes to various applications and multiple environments as per the change management system request to overcome the functionality and performance issues.
- Responsible for changing and migrating source code of high profile applications and deployment on WebSphere Application Server.
- Coordinated with IBM support by raising PMRs to resolve problems related to WebSphere Application Server and WebSphere MQ outages.
- Troubleshoot problems on the various environments involving the integrations of WebSphere, IBM Http server, iPlanet WebServers, TAM and LDAP.
- Developed WSadmin scripts using Jacl, Jython to automate WebSphere processes including start/stop, creating and configuring servers, JDBC and MQ resources, deploying applications on stand-alone and clustered environments
- Configured global security on WebSphere using IBM Directory Server and secure the admin console.
- Troubleshoot problem-tickets, worked with developers to identify the root cause and resolve the issue or propose a potential work around and successfully resolved LDAP, SiteMinder, WAS, MQ, code, and data issues.
- Implemented authentication and authorization permissions to web resources and Installed SSL certificates on the web servers using IKEYMAN.
- Installed Configured Apache web server v1.3/2.0.x on Sun E450 servers in Solaris environment and configured configuration file for virtual hosts for all sites.
- Managed the security and performance optimizations for EJB containers and web applications in IBM WebSphere, IBM HTTP Server and Apache web server.
- Configured enterprise applications and corrected performance problems by monitoring server availability and resource utilization analysis.
- Lead role in performance testing and tuning the applications performance emphasizing on JVM heap size, CPU utilization, JDBC connection pools, Garbage Collector, Web container threads, Servlets performance, response time alerts and thresholds.
- Problem determination using local error logs and by running user traces and service traces.
- Assisted in several thread dumps and heap dumps analysis using IBM Thread analyzer and IBM Heap Analyzer.
Environment: IBM WebSphere AppServer 6.1/5.1, IBM WebSphere MQSeries 5.0/6.1, IBM Http Server 1.3/2.0, Apache, AIX, WSAD, RAD7, LDAP, Heap analyzer, Windows 2000, LDAP,EJB, JDK, J2EE, JNDI.
- Planning, Design, Installation and Integration of WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment 188.8.131.52/184.108.40.206, IBM Http Server 6.1/1.3.28 and Apache 2.0.47 on Linux.
- Worked on critical and 24/7 environment supporting IBM products like WebSphere Application server, IBM HTTP Server, WCS and Rational Products on Linux and Windows 2003 platforms.
- Handled the maintenance of the WebSphere Application Servers on Sun Solaris/Windows platforms and setting up of the developing, staging and production environments for the ongoing application development.
- Wrote KShell scripts to monitor installed enterprise applications and to get information from the logs and database in the required format and other daily activities and jobs.
- Installed and configured remote/local IBM Http Server and manually updated plug-in files for IHS servers located in DMZ.
- Worked with BackupConfig, RestoreConfig commands for backup and restore the configuration of nodes and cell.
- Reviewed security procedures and access policies to ensure proper access and rights to various applications accessed through the portal.
- Used Wily Performance tool for monitoring and tuning the WebSphere environment like configuring Heap size, Thread pool size, Session Management, connection pool size, etc.
- Implemented logical security server architecture integrating WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere MQ, Sun ONE WebServer, iPlanet LDAP Directory Server, Netegrity Siteminder and implemented Single Sign-On security.
- Generated and moved http plug-in config to the web servers like iPlanet and solved problems for plug-in regeneration.
- Enabled security for the Admin Console and the application components by creating user registry in LDAP IBM Tivoli Directory Server .
- Worked with the Asset Management Team to install Renewed and New SSL certificates on Web Servers using IKEYMAN utility.
- Configured and maintained SOA registry and repository to achieve more business value from the Service Oriented Architecture by enabling better management and governance of the services.
- Responsible for design, architecture and development of major components of WAS and protocols like http, RMI-IIOP, soap/http, and WSDL.
- Worked on defining and configuring Application Servers, Web Applications, Servlets, and Servlet Engines as well as deployment of EJB's across multiple instances of WebSphere.
- Responsible for the planning and designing to rebuild the entire enterprise system from scratch using J2EE and Services Oriented Architecture SOA and built a roadmap for the enterprise systems to support its vision to bring all applications into one Enterprise Portal.
- Worked and solved variety of issues with WebSphere and J2EE applications. Provided 24/7 support for critical applications with on-call pager rotation, flexible to work during off hours.
Environment: WebSphere Application Server 220.127.116.11/18.104.22.168, IHS WebServer 6.1/1.3.28, iPlanet 4.0, Application Server Toolkit V6.1, Visual Source Safe, WSAD, Wily Introscope, Tivoli Directory Server v5.0 LDAP , XML, Oracle 9i/10g, Sun Solaris 10/9, , Linux, Windows 98/00/xp-Sp3.
- Installed, configured and maintained WebSphere Application Server 6.x on Linux, AIX.
- Involved in setting up a new QA environment by creating and managing the Nodes, Application Servers, and Clusters for Load Balancing and Fail Over.
- Did hot deployments without having to shutdown the application using Network Deployment Manager.
- Deployed application ears on WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment in QA, Staging and Production environments on a daily basis and troubleshoot various configuration and application issues.
- Trouble shooting various problems in different stages of development, QA and production using logs files, JVM Count and JDBC Connections.
- Monitoring WebSphere Application Server performance through inbuilt monitoring tool.
- Performed WebSphere configuration, backup and restoration tasks by using backupConfig, restoreConfig commands etc .
- Improved performance, reliability, and scalability of the application server and its interaction with Web Servers, Database Servers.
- Involved in Tuning of WebSphere Application Server for performance improvements.
- Managed multiple high-profile, complex projects and implement with minimal disruption to end users.
- Managed complex environments for the customer IT environments from a software support perspective for IBM WebSphere Application Server on both UNIX and windows platforms.
- Worked with QA Team for Load Tests and Performance tests and identified the bottlenecks of the applications.
- Worked with Security team for possible security threats to WebSphere Platform and configured Web servers to their recommendations and also secured using AD integration..
- Responsible for applying patches and fixes to WebSphere 6.x to bring it up-to-date.
- Worked closely with AIX Server Team for Operating System tweaks for Performance.
- Responsible for configuring various performance monitoring tools including Wily Introscope, Quest Foglight, BMC Patrol, Compuware Vantage Analyzer. Involved in documentation of everyday activities.
- Supported extensively in troubleshooting the issues and findings out root causes by analyzing core dumps in investigating and resolving system crashes.
- On-call support 24x7 , Monitoring and maintaining multiple Applications.
Environment: WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment 22.214.171.124/6.1, iPlanet 6.1 Web Server, Windows 2000, IHS Web Server 6.0,6.1, Web Portal Server, Netegrity Siteminder 5.X, AIX.
- Responsible for Installation, Configuration and Maintenance of WebSphere Application Server in a Network Deployment Environment on AIX consisting of 8 clustered nodes to achieve fail-over and load balancing used Admin Console and wsadmin scripting.
- Installed, configured and integrated WebServers obj.conf, magnus.conf, plugin file , Siteminder domains, policies, realms, rules and Ldap user directory with WAS.
- Installing, Configuring, and troubleshooting WAS ND and Migrating from 5.0 to 5.1 and installation of fix packs and e-fixes.
- Supporting, monitoring all Applications at Development, QA and Production phases.
- Deploying application in WAS on AIX using Console and also automated JACL scripts after getting the Release EAR, WAR, and JAR files from Clearcase.
- Upgraded Applications with various patch files JSPs, Class files, changing various properties and property files and other configurations .
- Establishment of Application-specific parameters and definitions having knowledge of Java Servlets, JSPs and EJB development and deployment concepts and database skills .
- Wrote both Shell and Perl scripts for various automations and reports, etc.
- Monitoring WAS performance through Tivoli Performance Viewer and tuning the system caching, queuing, JVM parameters, DB Connection Pooling.
- Provided technical assistance for the Web Hosting Team on various Application servers and Web Servers including IBM HTTP Server, Apache Web Server, and iplanet Server.
- Troubleshooting various problems in different stages of development using logs and with coordination from QA and Development teams.
- Involved in performing the Message Queue Interface MQI operations.
- Hands on experience in defining synchronized and persistent IBM MQSeries Queue/Topic Connection Factories, Queue/Topic Destinations to the Application Server. Managing cron jobs, batch processing and job scheduling.
- Workload management using WebSphere Modeling and Cloning on Application Servers.
- WebSphere Performance Monitoring, Tuning and Application-specific load balancing.
- Wrote SQL scripts for monitoring application working.
- Copying tables in DB2 using export and import and load commands.
- Diagnosis and repair of the WebSphere Environment. Assisted developers with the diagnosis and repair of WebSphere Applications.
- Worked with QA Team for Stress tests, Performance tests and identified the bottlenecks of highly configurable applications. Testing was done using LoadRunner.
- On-call Production Support 24x7 , monitoring and maintaining multiple Applications in Development, QA and Production Environments.
Environment: WAS ND 5.0/5.1, WAS 126.96.36.199, JAVA, J2EE, AIX 4.5, SiteMinder 5.0, IBM HTTP Server, Apache, IHS WebServer2.0.42, JBoss, IBM DB2 UDB 7.2, Oracle, ClearCase, WSAD, MySQL.