- IBM System Administrator with Over 7 years of experience in ever increasing levels of responsibility and expertise in a wide range of IT disciplines specializing in Application Server and Web Server, adept in all facets of Administration, Maintenance, Integration including Installation, Migration and Configuration
- Experience in Planning, Installation, Administration, Packaging and Deployment of applications, Migration, Performance Tuning, Troubleshooting, Security management, Work Load Management and WSadmin scripting using JACL of IBM WebSphere Application Server, IBM MQSeries on various platforms like Solaris, AIX, UNIX, HP-UX, Linux and Windows.
- Extensive Experience in optimization of Enterprise Applications using WebSphere J2EE Application server 7.0/6.1/6.0/5.0, WebSphere MQSeries 5.x/6.x,7.0, XMLConfig, Workload Management (WLM), WAS Resource analyzer, WebSphere Test Environment (WTE), IBM Visual Age for Java 4.0/3.5, EJB, JAAS, JNDI, RUP, LDAP, MQ Series, JMS, Oracle 10g/9i/8i/7.x, DB2 UDB on Sun Solaris, AIX, Linux, HP.
- Adept at Monitoring and altering filesystem usage, hardware and system process failures.
- Expertise in Tuning of Application Servers by Tivoli Performance Viewer like setting the dynamic cache size and setting the JVM heap size using collected Performance Monitoring Infrastructure (PMI) data.
- Resolved Deployment issues and network issues for Development team and in Production Environment. Created Data Sources to a variety of Databases, including DB2, SQL, Sybase and Oracle.
- Hands on experience in developing, deploying, implementing, testing and support of full life cycle implementations of various J2EE/Internet/Intranet and distributed applications.
- Hands on experience in Migrating the existing configuration and applications of IBM WebSphere using WASPreUpgrade and WASPostUpgrade tools on Sun Solaris, AIX.
- Well experienced in all stages of implementing the workload Management (WLM) using cloning and clustering.
- Experienced in migrating BPM systems to WebSphere Process Server.
- Experience in configuring SSL security for the HTTP servers and the plugin.
- Highly skilled in updating plugin and config file for troubleshooting and improving performance.
- Worked with IBM on problem determination, troubleshooting, and resolution – PMRs, running and submitting, gather scripts and log info, turning, trace, verbose-gc, taking thread and heap dump.
- Performed root-cause analysis for production outages and provided management with analysis reports.
- Configured global security for WebSphere Application Server using IBM Directory Server as LDAP user registry and configured SSL for ldap communication.
- Configured Queue Connections Factories, Queue Definitions, and Listener Ports in order to provide connectivity to Enterprise MQ infrastructure and also worked on Service Integration Bus (SIB) configuration in V6.x
- Well experienced in writing shell scripts in bourne and korn shells, wrote JACL, python, jython scritps to automate most of the WebSphere administrative tasks via the wsadmin util.
- Excellent team worker and ability to quickly adopt and work under minimal supervision.
Application/web Servers: WebSphere Application Server 7.0,6.1x,6.x,5.x, WebSphere MQ series5.x/6.0, WebSphere Process Server 6.0/6.2/7.0, Web Sphere Portal Server 6.x.,IBM HTTP Server (IHS) 7.0,6.1,6.0.2,2.0.42x,2.0.47,1.3.28,1.3.26,1.3,Tomcat, Apache 2.0.54,2.2,1.3.28, IIS 5.0/6.0, iPlanet Server 6.0/4.1,Sun One Web Server 6.1,6.0.
Operating Systems: UNIX, Linux, OS/390, AS/400, HP-UX (including Service Guard), Solaris (Including VERITAS), IBM AIX (V4.3.3 and 5L V5.3, HACMP) and Windows NT/2000/2003 Server.
Monitoring Tools: Tivoli Performance Viewer, Thread Analyzer, Log Analyzer, Heap-Analyzer, Wily Introscope 7.1/6.0, Visual Age for Java, QPASA, BMC- Patrol, XPEDITER, Candle, VISIO, WSAD, QMF and CRM.
Languages: C, C++, Java, PL/SQL,T-SQL,VB 6.0, HTML, Perl scripting, PHP, Visual Basic
Java Technologies: Servlets, Applets, AWT, Swing, JSP, Beans, EJB (Including MDB), J2EE, JDBC/ODBC, JMS, JNDI, RMI, Java Mail
Web Tools: Macromedia Dreamweaver MX, Fireworks MX, MS FrontPage
Databases: DB2, Oracle 8i/9i/10g, MS SQL Server 2000/2005, MS Access
Protocols: TCP/IP, FTP, SMTP, SOAP, POP and HTTP
- Bachelor of Technology
Confidential, San Jose, CA Sep’09 – Present
Senior WebSphere System Admin
- Responsible for installation, configuration, support and performance monitoring of high profile applications running on IBM WebSphere Application Servers, WebSphere Process Server and integrate with different Web Servers.
- Involved in migration from WAS 7.1.1 Network Deployment and Base on AIX platform to WAS 7.1 ND.
- Converted Sonic BPM calls into WebSphere Process Server calls. Defined claims, policy insurance processes using BPEL in WPS.
- Developed scripts of wsadmin using JACL, JYTHON for automation of websphere processes including start/stop, creating and configuring serves, clusters, JDBC and MQ resources, deploying applications.
- Defined, documented, troubleshoot and resolved issues relating to the business/BPEL workflows for the Re-Admin, Quote Treaty, underwriter modules of the insurance flows.
- Worked with IBM Support and development teams in resolving issues related to application memory leaks, analyzing java cores and heap dumps using Thread and Heap analyzer tools.
- Performed troubleshooting on Java applications using WAS logs, traces, Log Analyzer, Resource Analyzer/Tivoli Performance Viewer in production environment.
- Used Wily Performance tools for monitoring and tuning the WebSphere environment like configuring Heap size, Thread pool size, Session Management, connection pool size, etc.
- Deployed EAR/WAR files on multiple Servers/Clusters and maintained Load balancing, high availability and Failover functionality.
- Adept at installation and configuration of J2EE applications (ears/war/jars) on WebSphere Application Server. Worked closely with developers in deploying ears and wars, configuring necessary database resources (JDBC Providers, data sources), MQ resources (Queue Managers, Queue destinations, Queue Connection Factories (qcf's), Message driven bean listener ports).
- Installed and configured WebSphere MQ server/client v7.0 on AIX. Created and Managed Q Managers including MQ Objects (local/remote queues, channels), Integrated WebSphere applications with MQSeries using JMS admin.
- Wrote, configured and deployed XSL transformations of XML to XML and XML to HTML using XSLT.
- Managed the security and performance optimizations for EJB containers and web applications in IBM WebSphere, IBM HTTP Server and Apache web server. Generated http plug-in config and moved it to the web servers. Troubleshoot problems for plug-in regeneration.
- Responsible for Installation, Configuration and Administration of WebSphere Process Server 7.0 including tracking of where the current business process is and troubleshooting issues with other services and MQ.
- Installed upgrades and fix packs to the runtime environment as required decreasing vulnerability to production environment.
- Handled the maintenance of the WebSphere Application Servers on AIX platform and setting up of the developing, testing and staging environments for the ongoing application development. Wrote Shell scripts to monitor installed enterprise applications and to get information from the logs and database in the required format and other daily activities and jobs.
- Successfully mapped the users and groups in LDAP Servers to the enterprise applications running on WebSphere Application Server.
- Responsible for troubleshooting networking issues, opening tickets for DNS changes, firewall requests.
- Installed MQ Secure node-to-node secure communications between external clients and Company in the distributed environment.
- Worked on defining and configuring Application Servers, Virtual Hosts, Web Resources, JDBC Drivers, Web Applications, Servlets, and Servlet Engines-as well as deployment of EJB’s across multiple instances of WebSphere.
- Configured SSL communication between the WebServer Plug-in and the WebSphere Application Server.
- Involved extensively in troubleshooting the issues and findings out root causes by analyzing core dumps in investigating and resolving system crashes.
Environment: IBM WAS 5.1.1/6.1/7.0, WebSphere MQSeries 5.3/6.0/7.0, WebSphere Process Server 7.0, BPEL, XSLT, WSAD 5.1, RAD7, Windows XP/2000, Serena V8.1.4, Tomcat 4.0, AIX, Apache WebServer, Oracle 10g, XML.
Confidential, Montgomery, AL May 2007 – Sep 2009
Senior WebSphere Administrator
- Involved in WebSphere Installation, Configuration and Administration of WebSphere Application Server 7.x and Web Sphere Portal Server 6.x.
- Responsible for configuring and maintenance of WebSphere Application server.
- Involved in setting up a new QA environment by creating and managing the Nodes, Application Servers, and Clusters for Load Balancing and Fail Over.
- Did hot deployments without having to shutdown the application using Network Deployment Manager.
- Involved in providing Proof of Concepts (POC) of a web portal. Involved in creating and managing portal pages, virtual portals, themes and skins, authentication and authorization.
- Deployed application ears on WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment in QA, Staging and Production environments on a daily basis and troubleshoot various configuration and application issues.
- Trouble shooting various problems in different stages of development, QA and production using logs files, JVM Count and JDBC Connections.
- Monitoring WebSphere Application Server performance through inbuilt monitoring tool.
- Performed WebSphere configuration, backup and restoration tasks (by using backupConfig, restoreConfig commands etc).
- Improved performance, reliability, and scalability of the application server and its interaction with Web Servers, Database Servers.
- Involved in Tuning of WebSphere Application Server for performance improvements.
- Involved in Clustering and Cloning of WebSphere Application server.
- Managed multiple high-profile, complex projects and implement with minimal disruption to end users.
- Managed complex environments for the customer IT environments from a software support perspective for IBM WebSphere Application Server on both UNIX and windows platforms.
- Worked with QA Team for Load Tests and Performance tests and identified the bottlenecks of the applications.
- Worked with Security team for possible security threats to WebSphere Platform and configured Web servers to their recommendations and also secured using AD integration.
- Responsible for applying patches and fixes to WebSphere 7.x to bring it up-to-date.
- Worked closely with AIX Server Team for Operating System tweaks for Performance.
- Responsible for configuring various performance monitoring tools including Wily Introscope, Quest Foglight, BMC Patrol, Compuware Vantage Analyzer.
- Involved in documentation of everyday activities.
- On-call support (24x7), Monitoring and maintaining multiple Applications.
Environment: WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment 184.108.40.206/6.1/7.0, WebSphere Portal 6.x, iPlanet 6.1 Web Server, Windows 2000, IHS Web Server 6.0,6.1,7.0, Web Portal Server, Netegrity Siteminder 5.X, Sun Solaris 9,10, AIX.
Confidential, Wayne, PA Feb 2005 – May 2007
- Installed, configured, upgraded and troubleshooted WebSphere Application Server v5.1 and WebSphere ND v5.1 in a federated multi-node environment and web servers (SunOne 6.1 SP5).
- Involved in migrating 125 applications from WAS 4.5.x to 5.1.
- Responsible for building Application Servers and Web Servers on Solaris and Linux.
- Involved in Deployment of J2EE Applications, Creating Clusters for Load Balancing and Failover, Configuring Resources like JDBC Provider, Creating Virtual Hosts, Shared Libraries, JNDI Configurations, EJB References, Creating Environment Variables, and Configuring Session Management.
- Involved in applying fix packs and e-fixes to WebSphere Application Server on Solaris and Linux.
- Installed IBM HTTP Server on Solaris and Linux and configured it by changing httpd.conf for IHS, obj.conf and magnus.conf for SunOne and copying the plug-in for WAS.
- Used wsadmin.sh for Administration and Maintenance of the Applications.
- Troubleshooting various problems in different stages of development, QA, Staging and Production by analyzing log files.
- Profiled all the J2EE Applications and worked with Application Groups in improving performance of applications and possible memory leaks in applications before deploying in Production.
- Involved in Creating and Managing Nodes, Clusters and Application Servers.
- Responsible for monitoring, troubleshooting and load balancing of several critical e-Business servers.
- Provided Tier-3 hardware and software technical infrastructure support to all the servers in the primary and the satellite datacenters.
- Provided 24/7 system administration and support, ensured reliable operation of the PROD/CAT/SAT/DEV/INT/QA environments comprised of Sun and Intel hardware primarily.
- Successfully tested and upgraded various third party softwares (Ultraseek, Siteminder, Nessus, Opendeploy, Wily, etc.,) on several critical servers with zero impact to business on Solaris 8 and Redhat AS3.0.
Environment: Java2EE, WASND 5.1, IBM WebSphere Application Server4.5/5.1, SonOne 6.1, windows98, Netscape iPlanet, Actuate, LDAP Server, Redhat AS3.0,DB2 UDB, , Windows NT and Solaris 8.