Middleware Administrator Position in a Challenging Environment.
- Over 7 year’s professional experience in the I.T. industry.
- Over 6 year’s experience in Middleware WebSphere Administrator on Windows and Linux environment.
- Expertise in installation, configuration, maintenance and administration of IBM WebSphere Application Server 5.x/6.x/7.0, JBoss, IBM HTTP Server, Apache, WebSphere MQ, LDAP.
- Troubleshooting, security, failover and work load management of WebSphere Application Server 5.0 /5.1/6.0, WebServers like IBM HTTP WebServer, Apache Webserver.
- Deployment, software installation, maintenance, fixes upgrades, general administration, troubleshooting and performance tuning of IBM WebSphere Application Server 5.x/6.x/7.0, JBOSS.
- Adept at writing wsadmin, JACL and Jython scripts to automate various WAS administration and deployment tasks such as JVM configuration, J2EE application deployment, ear/war installation, backups, JVM export/import.
- Responsible for installation, configuration and maintenance of WebSphere Application Server (Base and ND), WebSphere MQ, LDAP in a heterogeneous environment.
- Created WebSphere cells, Horizontal and Vertical clusters, and created cluster members in effort to create fault-tolerant, scalable, and highly available WebSphere environment
- Configured global security for WebSphere Application Server using IBM Directory Server as LDAP user registry
- Proficiency in identifying bottlenecks and troubleshooting network/application problems quickly
- Automated FixPack/eFixes installations, daily backups, log archival, and other tasks using scripts.
- Installed and configured remote WebSphere plug-in for IBM HTTP Server. Manually updated plug-in files for IHS servers located in DMZ
- Created JDBC Providers and Data sources authentication aliases in order to provide connectivity to Oracle, DB2 databases.
- Successful implementations of Workload Management (WLM) using cloning and clustering techniques including Horizontal and Vertical Clustering for failover and backup/recovery processes.
Middleware: IBM WebSphere Application Server7.x/6.x/5.x, WebLogic Server 8.1/9.2/10.0, JBoss 4.x/5.x
Monitoring Tools: Tivoli Performance Viewer, Load Runner, Thread Analyzer, Log Analyzer,
Database: Oracle 11G/10G/9i DB2, SQL Server, MS Access 97/2000
Protocols: TCP/IP, DNS, LDAP, SOAP, HTTPS
Operation Systems: Linux, Windows 95/98/2000/2003/2008, I- series
Languages: C,C++, C#.NET, VB.NET, ASP , SQL.
Web Technologies: EJB, HTML, Servlet, JSP, XML.
Web Servers: Apache Tomcat, IBM HTTP Servers, IIS, iPlanet.
Scripting: Jacl /Jython Script and WSADMIN.
Confidential, Reston, VA January 2011 - May 2012
- Installation, Configuration and Administration of IBM WebSphere Application Server 7.0, 6.1, 6.0, 5.1 versions on Windows Environments.
- Used WebSphere Admin Console and wsadmin - Jython scripting to install and update enterprise EAR.
- Wrote Jython scripting for start/stop clusters, servers and for auto deployments.
- Installed, configured and propagated IBM HTTP server and its Plugins for managed and unmanaged nodes
- Maintaining updated documentation of all the Servers and the installed applications and patches.
- Monitoring Application log files, Application Server Performance
- Involved in configuring the Web Directory access protocols like LDAP for different levels of access at the site
- Configured a virtual host for Development and Test environments.
- Configured databases separate from the Websphere administrative repository database.
- Creating profiles for deployment manager and node agents.
- Using Websphere Advanced Administrative Console configured JDBC driver and data source.
- Keeping Backups of deployed Applications
- Workload management using WebSphere Modeling and Clustering on Application Servers.
- Diagnosis and repair of the WebSphere Environment.
- Responsible for scheduling the installations and upgradation, and maintains them in accordance with established policies and procedures
- Created scripts for Automatic deployment of new WAR files in to the Environment
- Configured Virtual hosts and associated them with web modules.
Confidential, Minneapolis, MN May 2009 - December 2010
- Installation and Configured Websphere Application server version 6.0/6.1 ND.
- Administered, configured, tuned, and troubleshoot Websphere in a clustered environment on Windows
- Implemented horizontal and vertical clustering, Work Load Management (WLM) to make an application Highly Available. Part of the team involved in Performance Monitoring and Tuning of Applications using IBM Tivoli Performance Viewer (TPV).
- Configured WebSphere resources including JDBC providers, JDBC data sources, and connection pools. Creating Version 4 Data Source and Version 5 Data Source depending on the enterprise application needs.
- Installed EARs, WARs and configured application specific JVM settings.
- Involved in installation, configuration of Web Sphere Application server 5.1/6.0.X for clustered environments, creation of data sources, connection managers and listener ports
- Installed IBM HTTP Server on different nodes and configured them by generating the plug-in
- Installed fix packs on WAS and Involved in WAS Upgradation.
- Configured Workload Management (WLM) using clusters and cluster members in production environment.
- Diagnosis and fixing of Configuration and Installation Problems
- Configured Web Server Plug-in to work with Websphere Application server
- Implemented security using LDAP
- Tuning the applications by monitoring the JVM memory usage, garbage collection, thread usage, response times etc.
- Worked as a part of 24x7 on call support for production team
Confidential, Chennai, Tamil Nadu October 2007 - April 2009
- Installation, Configuration of Websphere application server 5.x/6.x for clustered environments and creation of data sources.
- Administer websphere 5.x and 6.x in production environment
- Troubleshooting various problems in different stages of development using log files and with coordination from development teams.
- Supported application teams in fixing the performance issues in production environments.
- Involved in capacity planning of servers in production environment.
- Implemented standard backup procedures for both application DB and WebSphere backup of configuration files.
- Created clones/cluster members on different nodes and configured them on respective Server Group.
- Created and managed the connection pools for Data sources.
- Configured Data Source for application on different scopes (cell, node, server and cluster).
- Configured Virtual hosts for host aliases for each cluster member.
- Enabling security and setting Single Sign on.
- Monitored and Troubleshot the App Servers for errors
- Deploying application in WAS using admin Console and also through scripts.
- Proven experience in production support for WAS
- Configuration of Security, Network, Namespace binding and JDBC resources
- WAS Admin scripting
- Federation with multiple profiles
Confidential, Chennai, Tamil Nadu April 2006 - September 2007
- Installed WebSphere 5.x/6.x, Jboss 4.0.2 and deployed applications in Linux and Windows environments.
- Deployed the applications in formats of WAR, JAR, and EAR
- Installed and configured Apache Web server in various environments.
- Developed Jython scripts for deploying the applications on Application servers.
- Configuring, Installing and Administering of Websphere Application Server 6.0/6.1
- Installed upgrades and fix packs to the runtime environment as required decreasing vulnerability to production environment
- Responsible to regularly take backup of all the Servers.
- Responsible for application changes across different platforms in development, testing and production environments.
- Configured Work Load Management (WLM) using clusters & clones.
- Configured WebSphere resources including JDBC providers, JDBC data sources, connection pooling.
- Deployed Session and Entity EJB's in WebSphere.
- Involved in securing the J2EE applications by implementing Single Sign On by using LTPA.
- Experienced in Adding Fix packs and Cumulative Fix packs and migrate the versions of WebSphere application server 5.0 to 5.1.
- Responsible for analyzing the client request and resolving the issues by setting up conference calls in severity1 prod issues
- Responsible Team Member providing timely and accurate 24X7 support.
Confidential, Hyderabad Andhra Pradesh May 2005 - March 2006
- Study the requirements of the clients and the specific needs of the business projects
- Design, develop and implement the web applications, based on .net applications
- Created ASP.NET web forms and Class libraries containing code for business and data access logic using C#.NET.
- Developed the web pages using ASP.NET, HTML for styling the Web pages.
- Extensively used Application and page level tracing feature of .Net to trace and debug the code.
- Developing and updating computer application by using ASP .Net web application framework
- Responsible for understanding the clients requirements and preparing user oriented applications
- Providing help and support to the junior developers and analyzing their work
Bachelor of Technology in Electrical and Electronics Engineering
IBM Certified System Administrator – Web Sphere Application Server, Network Deployment V6.1
My best qualities are communication and the ability to think on my feet. There is no such word as can’t. There is always a solution to a problem, communication is the key to success.