Specializing in SOA-based J2EE implementations, security, performance tuning, monitoring solutions, high-availability, clustering, and problem determination / resolution, this hands-on, IBM Certified, Senior Middleware Architect / Administrator has over 20 years of IT experience, 20 years of Linux experience, 19 years of Java experience, 16 years of WebSphere experience, and 10 years of SiteMinder experience.
- WebSphere Application Server 3.0.2 / 3.5 / 4.0 / 5.0.2 / 5.1 / 6.0 / 6.1 / 7.0 / 8.0 / 8.5
- WebSphere MQ 5 / 6 / 7
- WebSphere Message Broker 6.1 / 7 / 8
- IBM Integration Bus 9
- WebSphere Process Server 6.0.2 / 6.1 / 6.2 / 7
- WebSphere BPM 7.5 / 8
- WebSphere Business Monitor 6.x / 7.x
- WebSphere DataStage 7.5 / 8.1 / 8.5 / 8.7
- WebSphere Commerce Suite 4.1 / 5.1
- WebSphere Commerce 6.0 / 7.0
- WebSphere Portal Server 5.0.2 / 5.1 / 6.0.1 / 7
- WebSphere Service Registry and Repository 8
- WebSphere Virtual Enterprise 7
- WebSphere Integration Developer
- WebSphere ESB
- WebSphere Operational and Decisions Management Server 7.5
- Rational Application Developer / Rational Software Architect
- IBM InfoSphere Information Server 8.1 / 8.5 / 8.7
- Business Objects XI R2 / XI 3.1 / 4.0
- SiteMinder 6 / 12 / 12.5
- Identity Manager 6 / 12 / 12.5
- CA Directory Server
- Apache / IBM IHS
- Linux Redhat / Mandrake / Slackware
- AIX 4.x / 5.x / 6.1
- Solaris 2.x / 7 / 8 / 9 / 10
- Wily Introscope 5 / 6 / 7 / 8
- TAM / TIM / TFIM
- DB2 7 / 8 / 9
- Adobe LiveCycle / Adobe Central Pro
- IBM Tivoli Monitoring ITM / ITCAM
Senior WebSphere Administrator
- Responsible for the operational maintenance of: WebSphere Message Broker v.22.214.171.124, WebSphere MQ v.7.5 , WebSphere Application Server v.8.5, IBM HTTP Server IHS v.8.5, DB2 v.9.7, CA Directory Server, SiteMinder Policy Server v.12.5, Identity Manager v.12.5, CA Federation Manager, Apache 2.2, DataPower x150, and WebSphere Application Server v.8.5 in 4 environments, a mixture of Linux, Windows, and Mainframe.
- Utilize Wily Introscope for WebSphere Application Server and application monitoring.
- Responsible for GSKit installation, configuration, and maintenance
- Responsible for SSL certificate maintenance
- Deploy BAR files, EAR files, and associated artifacts
- Responsible for maintaining performance of all systems
- Created LDAP schemas in CA Directory server, and SiteMinder Policies - Rules, Realms, Responses, and Response Groups
- Created WSDL to enable Provisioning for user self-service option
- Installed SiteMinder Walker and utilized to script expressions for customized authorization requirements.
- Created SSO across DataPower XML gateway. Replaced DataPower default AAA policy with SiteMinder policies.
- Installed, configured and registered Web Agents and ASA Agents on Windows and Linux servers.
- Configured Identity Manager web services
- Responsible for SSL integration across all components - Created CA requests, built key stores, and migrated keys
- Configured Connector Xpress to create connections to manage target endpoint systems
- Created documentation for all product installations and configuration.
- Worked with Liferay Portal architect to integrate security components with the Portal and with the underlying Portlet application using API calls to the SiteMinder SDK.
- Created DB2 HADR configuration and integrated with TSA to allow for automated failover of databases.
IIB / WMQ / WSRR Architect
- Installed and configured IIB v.9, WAS v.126.96.36.199, DB2 v.9.7, WMQ v.7.5, and WSRR v.8 on 6 servers across 4 environments 2 clustered . Deployed WSRR application and setup Business Space.
- Setup QMgrs and Brokers and secured the environment. Customized WMQ CHLAUTH.
- Conducted white board sessions for entire IT staff to explain 1 WMQ and IIB clustering, 2 WMQ, IIB, WSRR, and WAS security, 3 WSRR usage
- Loaded WSDLs and other artifacts into WSRR. Documented the procedure. Provided a 20 page document.
- Delivered a 70-page document on security options for WMQ and IIB
- Configured IIB Broker for WSRR. Deployed BAR files.
- Delivered a 25-page document on ODBC Configuration for DB2 / IIB.
- Delivered a 5-page document on deploying WSRR updates and uploading artifacts
- Worked with developers to integrate WSRR into their Message Flows
WebSphere Message Broker / WebSphere MQ SME
- Perform a WMQ and a WMB assessment on 32 sample Production servers for security compliance, across Windows, I-Series, P-Series, Z-Series, Redhat Linux, Ubuntu Linux, and Sun Solaris servers.
- Issue recommendations on performance monitoring and best practices
- Issue recommendations on administrative best practices
- Provided input on SSL, Distinguished Name usage, channel encryption, queue encryption, SSL, IP Block, CHLAUTH, OAM Security, and much more
- Conduct white boarding session for explaining multi instance queue managers and broker collectives
- Interviewed staff from the following teams and provided a staff assessment to management: MQ, WMB, CICS, Linux/AIX, AS/400, Security, and Operations
- Presented 300 page document of findings satisfying audit compliance with EU and US banking systems
WebSphere Architect / Lead Administrator
- Design and support a WebSphere Message Broker v.188.8.131.52, WebSphere MQ v.7.5 , WebSphere Application Server v.8.5, IBM HTTP Server IHS v.8.5, WebSphere Server Registry and Repository v.8, Layer 7, Sterling B2Bi, and WebSphere Operational and Decision Manager v.7.5 system for health record replication between the DoD and the VA.
- Converted business use-cases to WMB message flows. Assisted development team with coding flows with the Healthcare Connectivity Pack using the available nodes to convert HL7 to canonical XML.
- Issued system design recommendations to the architectural team.
- Responsible for instructing government contractor how to install and build environments.
WebSphere Message Broker Architect
- Performed a health check on the Production, TEST, INT, and DEV WebSphere Message Broker v.184.108.40.206 and WebSphere MQ v.7.5 environments.
- Rebuilt all environments from scratch.
- Clustered WMQ through multi-instance queue managers and cluster WMB through multi-instance broker collectives.
- Configured the Web Admin WMB tool and demonstrated admin and read-only account to the staff.
- Tuned MQ and WMB.
- Provided guidance on WebSphere Service Registry and Repository v.8 integration.
- Provided guidance on Global Cache implementation and WebSphere eXtreme Scale.
- Worked with the administration, development, and business teams to define a security architecture. Implemented channel, broker, web service, and message flow security. Implemented SSL with self-signed certificates.
- Mentored administration and development teams on best practices.
- Created a 100-page step-by-step document with screenshots for all installations, configuration, and helpful administration commands tailored to their use of these products.
- Issued architectural recommendations for environments and message flows.
WebSphere and Tivoli Federated Identity Manager Architect
- Migrated secure web services application from JBoss to RAD v.8.0. Resolve code compatibility issues. Created JAX-WS client proxies.
- Installed, clustered, and configured WebSphere Application Server v.7.0.25, Tivoli Federated Identity Manager v.6.2.1, IHS, WebSeal.
- Performance tuned WebSphere Application Server v.7.0.25, Tivoli Federated Identity Manager v.6.2.1, IHS, WebSeal.
- Configure SSL and Web Services security policies. Document environment setup and train staff.
- Created ACLs and scripted environment promotion process.
Senior WebSphere Commerce Instructor
- Teach Programming Essentials for IBM WebSphere Commerce V7 Customization
- Teach IBM WebSphere Commerce V7 System Administration
- Co-wrote next versions of both courses 223 and 225
- Updated Prometric tests used for certification across industry
- Perfect 5 Star instructor reviews
WebSphere Commerce Architect
- Evaluated current 4 store implementation and issue recommendations for WAS 7 / WCS 7 / IHS / WXS / AIX 6.1 upgrades and new WCS feature pack installations.
- Architected replacement Production and QA systems that incorporate high availability and failover.
- Proposed and procured a DataPower XC10 appliance for elastic caching. Installed, configured, and integrated the appliance. Configured WebSphere eXtreme Scale.
- Architected a WebSphere Virtual Enterprise environment for non-Production usage.
- Reviewed caching and assist client with configuring cachespec.xml and customized cache invalidations required by business.
- Provided guidance for Apache Solr configuration and best-practices.
- Reviewed error handling and provide guidance on isolation of handling to a common error page.
- Tuned WAS, WXS, WCS, IHS, and AIX.
- Performed a code review of WCS application.
- Provided input on build server integration with WCBD.
- Assisted IBM in procuring multiple PCRs for additional work
WebSphere Process Server Architect
- Performed a WPS, WAS, and WESB health-check of the Production and QA environments Reviewed WPS, WAS, and WESB installations, configuration settings, and issued recommendations for tuning environment.
- Performed a health-check of the OMCS Order Management Component Services application Loaded Project Interchange file into WID and review BPELs, Human Tasks, and Web Services. Perform full code review and issue recommendations.
- Performed a review of AIX OS level configuration, including TCP settings and transaction log file system HACMP setup.
- Transformed SDOs to POJOs directly to speed-up system performance. Reviewed BPEL transaction qualifier settings in the assembly editor and adjusted appropriately for micro-flows.
SiteMinder and LDAP Architect / Administrator
- Installed and configured CA Directory Server, SiteMinder Policy Server v.12.5, Identity Manager v.12.5, CA Federation Manager, Apache 2.2, and WebLogic in 3 environments
- Created LDAP schemas, and SiteMinder Policies - Rules, Realms, Responses, and Response Groups
- Installed, configured and registered Web Agents and ASA Agents
- Configured Identity Manager web services
- Configured Policy Server and Identity Manager Reporting components.
- Installed, configured, and secured Business Objects and created reports and dashboards.
- Responsible for SSL integration across all components - Created CA requests, built key stores, and migrated keys
- Configured SSO between desktop and Liferay Portal.
- Worked with Liferay Portal architect to integrate security components with the Portal and with the underlying Portlet application
WebSphere Commerce Architect
- Performed a Production system review of the WebSphere Commerce Suite, WebSphere Application Server, IBM HTTP Server, and Redhat Linux infrastructure in preparation for an expected 300 to 400 increase in daily sales due to a multinational rollout.
- Wrote automation scripts for deployments and wrote scripts for customized application monitoring
- Configured WebSphere eXtreme Scale and defined CDN offload architecture for optimal caching.
- Architected a multi-tiered, distributed, redundant middleware infrastructure consisting of 6 clustered application servers, running WebSphere v.7 Network Deployment and 6 web servers running IHS IBM HTTP Server version v.7
- Installed and configured Tealeaf Customer Behavior Analysis Suite.
- Installed and configured WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Plug-in, IHS, and IBM Update Installer.
- Vertically and Horizontally clustered WebSphere Application Server.
- Clustered Redhat Enterprise Linux Server 5.6 Tikanga to create infrastructure redundancy for WebSphere NFS transactional file system.
- Provide on-demand support for Production outages
- Created a consistent shopping experience across all customer entry points, including mobile, web, and in-store.
- Provided knowledge transfer for Member, Catalog, Order and Marketing Subsystems
- Architect and lead administrator for the following components: WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Process Server, WebSphere ESB, WebSphere DataStage, WebSphere MQ, Business Objects, SiteMinder, Dollar Universe, and AIX for the IBM team on the Commonwealth of Pennsylvania's Department of Labor and Industry's 200 million Unemployment Compensation Modernization System project
- Designed a 12-environment WebSphere Application Server and WebSphere Process Server v.6.0.x/v.6.1.x/v.7.0.x/v.8.0.x implementation. Horizontally and vertically clustered all components. Configured NFSv4 shared transactional file system. Conducted failover and load-balancing tests under load. Performed migrations between each product version after the base v.6.0.x setup.
- Configured identity trust from the front-end Portal to the back-end WAS for SSO by integrating the SiteMinder ASA agent with the WebSphere TAI. Utilized LTPA for WebSphere cross-cell trust. Implemented SSL at the client and server layers for WS-Security.
- Responsible for debugging and administrating WPS Business Process flows and Human Tasks. Experienced with the BPC Explorer, Failed Event Manager, and tracking Business Process activities after Replaying messages from the Hold and Retention queues.
- Architected SCA components both asynchronous and synchronous and integrated through the webMethods ESB. Configured MDBs and Activation Specs.
- Mentored Java development team in WebSphere Integration Developer usage, usage of WSDL, and demonstrated the development of BPELS and SOA based Web Services. Responsible for architecting the use of long running or short running Business Processes and Stand Alone or In-Line Human Tasks.
- Installed and configured WebSphere Business Monitor v.6.1/v.7.5.
- Installed and configured WebSphere DataStage v.7.5/v.8.5/v8.7 and created ETL interfaces for transforming and loading data between disparate systems, such as from the Department of Revenue to the Department of Labor and Industry. Responsible for all DataStage Administration, including creating scripts, researching abended jobs, and creating Projects and assigning roles and rights through IBM Information Server. Responsible for maintaining standardized dsparams to be used by 12 person DataStage Development team.
- Installed and configured a Business Objects XI 3.1 SP3 / Crystal Reports 2008 cluster on AIX 5.3 and a Business Objects 4.0 and Crystal Reports Enterprise cluster on AIX 6.1. Configured failover for CMS and SIA where applicable . Led the migration from XI 3.1 to 4.0. Integrated LDAP and SiteMinder using InfoView and CMC
- Installed and configured Business Objects Portlets, and configured an SSL flow through using 3 separate certificates, through a Cisco ACE, a web server, and an application server, allowing for transmission of forms externally to multiple state agencies.
- Installed and configured Business Objects WebIntelligence.
- Utilized Dashboard builder to display customized analytics, based on the needs of the Labor and Industry Comptroller's Office.
- Installed and configured Oracle 11g runtime and client. Configured tnsnames.ora and created stop and start scripts for the databases, RAC, and listeners. Configured Oracle data sources within WebSphere and setup connection pools.
- Installed and configured ITCAM agents for AIX and WebSphere. Created and tested Tivoli Situations.
- Configured HACMP IBM High Availability Cluster Multiprocessing and NFSv4.
- Configured JSR 168 Portlets and Portal container for ALUI interface
- Installed and configured Corticon BRE Business Rules Engine
- Installed and configured CA SiteMinder Policy Server v6.0 SP6. Created a customized TAI interface that allowed for the integration of multiple LDAPs containing non-unique objects to allow for end-to-end SSO through an Oracle Web Center AquaLogic Portal through IIS to WAS. Installed and configured SiteMinder ASA and Web agents
- Implemented Forms-based authentication for Claimant and Employer users and SSO authentication for Knowledge Worker internal users
- Installed VeriSign certificates, created key databases, and implemented SSL transport.
- Implemented Tivoli monitoring for WebSphere and AIX. Created custom Situations for infrastructure and application level monitoring
- Integrated webMethods ESB v.6.5/v.7.2 with WAS, WPS, FileNet, Adobe Central Pro, and DataStage.
- Created WAS and WPS deployment and administration scripts using JACL and JYTHON. Created Korn scripts for shutdown and startup of software packages. Created Perl scripts for data scrubbing for bad characters in DataStage job imports from legacy systems.
- Utilized IBM Tivoli Monitoring ITM / ITCAM to illustrate performance bottlenecks for nightly batch processing which facilitated the discovery of a bottleneck that when corrected allowed throughput to be increased by 300 .
- Integrated Cisco ACE with middleware for hardware-based load-balancing and SSL decryption.
- Optimized and tuned the application and the infrastructure to be able to handle 3,000 concurrent and 700,000 total users.
- Implemented an OS / Middleware work-around to mask Java code serialization and class-reloading issues, which resulted in a 97 decrease in CPU utilization.
- Technical liaison between IBM and the Department of Labor and Industry
- Responsible for defining security and maintenance policies.
- Key resource for triage and problem determination in all environments.
- Co-Architected the full life cycle of a hybrid Redhat Linux 4 / Windows 2003 Staging and Production Environment, consisting of redundant implementations of Tivoli Access Manager v.6, WebSphere Portal v.6.0.1, WebSphere Application Server v.5.1 / v.6.1, IBM HTTP Server v.6, IBM LDAP, DB2 9 Viper, and SQL Server 2005.
- Clustered SQL Server using multiple cross server nodes Clustered DB2 using HADR High Availability Disaster Recovery .
- Architected the Portal implementation and assisted developers with the integration of existing applications and the integration of portlets.
- Lead the configuration of authoring / approval routing and publishing rules for WCM.
- Designed a backup strategy for all eCommerce Software.
- Designed a monitoring strategy for hardware, middleware, and applications.
- Procured Wily Introscope Contacted the vendor to provide a demonstration to management, negotiated and obtained pricing and support, and installed and configured the products, including the Enterprise Manager, Workstation, Web Views, Java Agents, Error Detector and Leak Hunter.
- Using Wily's Transaction Tracer and Leak Hunter, isolated an application memory leak that was causing daily outages for the company's original Production system Worked with the developers to correct the situation and made suggestions to management regarding better J2EE design which would avoid such issues in the future, i.e. avoiding system.gc calls, and overriding and calling finalize methods.