- 6.5 years of experience in IT infrastructure, designing experience in administration, integrating and supporting IBM Web Sphere Application Server, Portal Server and having an excellent understanding of J2EE architecture.
- Experience in middleware architecture for intra and internet applications in IBM WebSphere Application Server 6.x/7.x/8.x Administration, Solaris 9.0/10.0, AIX 5.2/5.3, Red Hat Linux 6.x/7.x/8.0, Suse Linux, HP-UX, Windows XP/2003 environments.
- Architecting, Design and building the new environments, facilitating several teams to incorporate working systems and guiding thru the new technologies.
- Installed and configured WebSphere Extended Deployment in WebSphere ND6.1 on AIX.
- Strong knowledge in Clustering EJB objects, Scalability and reliability, JDBC connections, JMS connection factories and JVM's.
- Good understanding with tools like Tivoli Performance Monitoring Tool, Wily Introscope, , IBM Edge components,Bladelogic for Web Sphere,
- Hands on experience with installation of patches to Application server to adopt the latest fixes.
- Experienced in opening PMRs with IBM for the vendor related issues.
- Hands on experience with JACL/Jython scripts and Shell scripts to carry out the WebSphere Application Server administration and maintenance process.
- Expertise in deploying J2EE applications on IBM WebSphere application
- Configured multiple LDAPs.
- Experience in creating clusters including horizontal clusters, vertical clusters and creation of nodes, JVM's.
- Expertise in trouble shooting the J2EE applications and monitoring the performance through Tivoli Performance Viewer, Log Analyzer and Wily.
- Configured and supported WebSphere Portal server and installed several portlets and portal applications.
- Deployed the Portal applications thru Bladelogic tool
- Installed and configured the Willy Introscope 8.0 agent, monitor server performance and suggested performance Tuning Parameters
- Experience working with Web server applications using IBM HTTP, Web Server, SUNONE Web Server and Databases like Oracle, DB2, Sybase and SQL Server, besides integrating them with applications.
- Operating Systems:
- AIX 4.3/5.1/5.3, Linux 6.x/7.x/9.x, Win NT/2003/XP
- SVN, Wily, Blade logic, Remedy, SharePoint
- Application/Web Servers:
- IBM WebSphere 3.5,4.x, 5.x, 6.x,6.1.x, , BEA Web Logic 8.1/7.0/6.0, Sun Application Servers 8.0/7.0/6/0, IBM HTTP Server,
- IBM DB2 v7.2, 8.3, Oracle 7.x/8.x/9i/10g/11i, SQL Server7.0/2000, MS Access 7.0
WebSphere Application Server Portal Server Support
- Responsible for general administration, performance and trouble shooting of WebSphere Application Servers in all the environments.
- Developed Shell scripts to automate the deployment and maintenance of various administrative tasks.
- Install, support and troubleshoot WebSphere Application Server V6.x/7.x Network Deployment in the AIX 5.3 and Windows 20003 Environments.
- Install, Configuring WebSphere Plugins on IBM HttpServer 220.127.116.11/6.x in the AIX Environment.
- Installed latest Fix pack/Refresh Packs
- Handled in the Migration of WAS Versions 6.x to 7.x
- Creation of Remedy change Tickets/ Tasks.
- Deployed Enterprise Applications in the Clustered Environment from AdminConsole as well as with scripts recycling the application server, deploying applications, logs rotation, monitor applications .
- Configured and supported WebSphere Portal server and installed several portlets and portal applications and also installed patches for portal servers.
- Deployed the Portal applications using the Bladelogic Tool.
- Configured Multiple LDAPs for remote authentication using Netegrity Site minder
- Configured the different Data Sources in the WebSphere admin console and configured the db's in the WebSphere application servers.
- Stress and Perform Test performed using Tivoli Performance Viewer and Introscope Wily by various MetLife Applications.
- Testing disaster recovery policies
- Created IBM Problem Management Records PMR to report WebSphere Application Server problems.
WebSphere Application Server Administrator
- Creating Deployment Manager and Application Server profiles.
- Install, support and troubleshoot WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment V6.0 to ensure all WebSphere applications are available in the AIX Environment.
- Install, Configuring WebSphere Plugins for the IBM Http Server in the AIX Environment.
- Maintenance of the Websphere servers on different UNIX platforms and setting up the development, testing, staging environment for the on going application development.
- Installed latest Fixpack/RefreshPacks.
- Installed and configured WebSphere portal server and portal applications.
- Deployed J2EE applications.
- Installed SSL Certificates
- Enabled the Global Security
- Configured Multiple LDAPs
- Configured Data sources.
- Configure, maintain, monitor performance and troubleshoot WebSphere applications