- Over 12 years of experience in IT industry including 7 plus years of experience in Middleware Engineering/Administration using IBM WebSphere Suite of products on various platforms.
- 6 years of extensive experience in establishing SDLC framework with IBM WebSphere Application Server, WebLogic Server/Portal Administration for Production, Development, Staging, UAT and QA environments. Handling all the aspects of Installation, Configuration, Troubleshooting, Load Balancing, Clustering, Deploying Applications, Performance Tuning and Maintenance of WebLogic Server versions 7.x/8.x/9.x/10.x,
- Installation and Configuration of WebSphere Network Deployment V5.1/V6.1/ V7.x, IBM HttpServer 6.0/7.0, WebServer on AIX, Solaris, Linux and Windows 2000/2003 OS..
- Deployed applications in WAR, JAR and EAR formats on Websphere servers and clusters, configuring JDBC and MQ resources.
- Well versed at enabling Global Security for WebSphere environment using LDAP server.
- Experienced in applying patches, Fixpacks, Cumulative Fix packs for all versions of WebSphere application server and different flavors of Web Servers.
- Strong experience in Administering, Configuring, Integrating, Troubleshooting and Supporting of middleware technologies like WebSphere Application Server 4.x/5.x/6.x/7.0 , WebSphere Portal Server, WebLogic, Tomcat, JBoss WebSphere MQ and web servers IBM HTTP Server 1.3.28/2.04.7/6.0, 6.1,7.0, SUN ONE Web server 4.1, IIS, Apache Web Server and SiteMinder, LDAP servers IBM Tivoli Directory Server, Microsoft Active Directory Server, etc on wide variety of platforms like Solaris, AIX, Linux and Windows.
- Strong experience in IBM WebSphere Application Server Administration and setting up environments for development, acceptance/testing and production environments.
- Extensive experience in deployment and optimization of Enterprise Applications in a clustered and non-clustered environment using IBM WebSphere Application Server.
- Extensive experience in driving the effort for major migrations.
- Experienced in configuring and managing JDBC Providers, Data Sources, JMS, Virtual Hosting and integrating IBM MQ.
- Excellent knowledge in handling relational databases like DB2, ORACLE 9i/10g, Oracle BPM, oracle ECM , and SQL Server.
- Configured security for WebSphere Application Server using federated repositories, Custom User Registry, Local OS Registry and LDAP Server and configuring SSL.
- Extensive experience in implementation of Workload Management WLM using clustering techniques including Horizontal and Vertical Scaling for failover and backup/recovery processes.
- Experience in Trouble Shooting, Performance Tuning and Performance Monitoring using Tivoli Performance Viewer, Log Analyzer, Heap Analyzer, Thread Analyzer, Application Server Toolkit AST , and IBM Support Assistant.
- Experience with IBM on problem determination, troubleshooting, and resolution PMRs, running and submitting, gather scripts and log info, tuning, trace, verbose-GC, taking thread and heap dumps.
- Expertise in applying Refresh Packs and Fix Packs on WebSphere Application Servers to bring up the environment to the latest and bug-free configuration.
- Expertise in developing wsadmin scripts Jython, Jacl and Shell scripts to administer and automate batch job scheduling including backup and recovery processes.
- Extensive working knowledge in different incident management tools like PERIGRENE, MANAGENOW, BMC Remedy, HPSC and WIH.
- Resolved deployment issues for development and in production environment by providing 24x7 production support and maintenance of Applications Servers on a rotation basis.
- Excellent knowledge in the analysis, design, development and documentation of B2B and EAI applications using webMethods Integration Platforms, utilizing Integration Server, My webMethods Server, Developer, Broker, Trading Networks.
- Extensive working knowledge in JAVA, J2EE JSP, EJB, Servlets , JNDI, JMS, JDBC, RMI, CORBA, XML, SQL, SOAP, and Web Services.
- Excellent communication and organizational skills with the ability to work as part of team that manages a large scale WebSphere Environment.
Windows 2000/2003/XP, Solaris, AIX, Unix/Linux RedHat,SuSE
C, C , Java, J2EE, SQL, PL/SQL.
IBM WebSphere Application Server7.x/6.x/5.x/4.x, WebLogic, MQ, IBM Http Server 1.3.26.x/2.0.42.x/2.0.47.x/6.0/7.0, SunOne Web Server 6.0/6.1, Tomcat 4.0, JBOSS 3.2/4.x
IBM Datapower XS40 XI50
TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, RMI/IIOP, SOAP, FTP, SFTP, Telnet, SSH, SSL, SCP, WINSCP, WGET.
DB2 7.1/UDB, ORACLE 8i/9i, MS- ACCESS, MS-SQL.
Sr. WebSphere Administrator
Installed WebSphere Application Server 7.0/8.0 and IBM HTTP Server, creating Profiles on AIX. Involved in trouble shooting, problem solving and setting up the new environment with Tomcat Server. Involved in number of installation of IBM WebSphere Instances from development to production. Worked closely with development and testing teams to implement fixes in Testing and Production environments. Log File was managed for trouble shooting and probable errors. Configured global security for Websphere Application Server using IBM Directory Server as LDAP user registry. Supported WebSphere application server clustering, Load balancing and Failover. Configuring of resources like JDBC, configuring MQ Server and connection pooling for the database. Implemented clusters in WebSphere Application Server for load balancing and failover. Highly involved in deploying, troubleshooting , maintaining and configuring J2EE applications in various environments like Dev, Integration, QA, Stress, Staging and Prod. Installed and Configured IBM HTTP Server 6.0 on AIX, Solaris and LINUX. Generated Http Plug-in configuration and moved it to the Web servers like Apache. Troubleshooting Admin Server start-up issues, Java code defects after deployment and class path issues. Configuring and setup SSL for client authentication and data encryption. Performed Managing and Monitoring the JVM performance by WebSphere Heap Size, garbage collection, taking Thread dumps and analyzing to find the problems in application. Configured the Session Management i.e. Memory to Memory and Database replication on WebSphere ApplicationServer. Created JDBC connections to database like SQL, Oracle 10i and Involved in the administration of databases. Administration and maintenance of WebSphere Servers and automation of scripts using Jython and UNIX Shell Scripting. Network Administration - Involved in day to day routine checks and configuration of LAN adapters routing NFS, DNS and Troubleshooting. Installed and configured WebSphere MQ Series on the UNIX platform. Used automated scripts to perform routine management tasks on WebSphere environments like monitoring Disk Space, CPU Memory utilization. Involved in WebSphere Performance tuning. Including configuration of thread pool, connection pooling parameters and distribution of load on the different servers. Responsible for disaster recovery exercise executed twice a year. Reports are generated and communicated to respective teams. Performance tuned the WebSphere Environment by configuring caching, queuing, pooling, JVM parameters and Problem determination using Tivoli performance viewer TPV . Involved in Troubleshooting Admin Server start-up issues, Java code defects after deployment, like class path issues and application properties file errors by checking JVM logs and Plugin-logs. Involved in Trouble shooting and Performance tuning using Resource analyzer and Log analyzer. Provided 24x7 support, monitored trouble ticket queues to attend user calls.
IBM WebSphere Application Server 6.x/7.x, IBM WebSphere MQ 5.x/6.x/7.x, IBM DB2, Linux, AIX, Sun Solaris, Sun ONE Directory Server 5.1, IHS Web Server 6.1, Oracle 10g, Sybase, DB2
Web Middleware Enablement
- Installed, Configured, Administered and Supporting WebSphere Application Server 6.0/7.0.x on Aix, Linux, Solaris and Windows environment.
- Involved in Adding Fix packs and Cumulative Fix packs and migrate the versions of WebSphere Application server 6.0.x, 7.0.0.x
- Package, Build, Integrate and Deploy Enterprise J2EE applications on WebSphere 6.0/7.0 that involves EAR Enterprise Archives and WAR Web Archives .
- Implemented cloning, clustering, performance tuning and trouble shooting of IBM WebSphere Application server on UNIX/Lynux, Aix, Solaris and Windows Machines.
- Experience in Disabling and Enabling WebSphere Application Server Global Security.
- Migrated applications from WebSphere Portal servers 6.x to 7.x on windows and UNIX platform.
- Installed and configured IBM WebSphere products and created user roles and groups for securing the resources using local operating system authentication.
- Installation, configuration and maintenance of IBM HTTP Server and Apache Web Servers on different platforms based on client requirements.
- Experience in installation, configuration and maintenance of IBM WebSphere 5 x/6.x/V7.0 application server, IBM HTTP V2.0 Apache V2.0.47 Web Servers.
- Deployed applications in WAR, JAR and EAR formats on Websphere servers and clusters, configuring JDBC and MQ resources.
- Well versed at enabling Global Security for Web Sphere environment using LDAP server.
- Experienced in applying patches, Fix packs, Cumulative Fix packs for all versions of WebSphere application server and different flavors of Web Servers.
- Successful generate Health Check reported and closed federal CIRATS and resolved various security APAR issues.
Recently worked on WebSphere App Server Focal for several Commercial Accounts supported by IBM and for the Public and Industrial Sector using various ticketing tools eg. Impact, MAXIMO, ManageNow, IBM ISM Dispatch tool for ITAR accounts to build new projects and resolve successfully Sev1 and 2 , change, problem issues. Familiarity and experience with various procedures and policies required for escalation and outage resolution with Strong documentation skills. Consistently met metric goals like SLA s and target dates with a high level of customer satisfaction.
Middleware Applications Engineer
- Installed, configured, administered, troubleshoot, and tuned WAS ND 6.1/7.0 on AIX, Linux for multiple high profile projects.
- Involved in performance and capacity planning of enterprise systems.
- Package, build, Integrate and deploy enterprise J2EE applications on WebSphere 5.x/6.x/7.0 that involves EAR Enterprise Archives and WAR Web Archives .
- Configured WebSphere resources like JDBC providers, JDBC data sources and JMS.
- Upgraded the Apache HTTP IBM HTTP server versions 6.0.2.x and 6.1.x to current 22.214.171.124 126.96.36.199 on AIX 5.1/5.2/5.3 HP-UX B 11.11 servers.
- Installation of Tomcat 5.x/6.0 on Linux/Solaris.Deployment of new application on Tomcat.
- Production roll-outs of J2ee Application on Tomcat/Apache.
- Involved in number of upgrades Applying Fix Packs of Web Server instances from development, testing and production.
- Setting up Apache with Forwarding rules and setting up multi-hosting with Apache.
- Configuring with Third Party Plug-in with websphere, weblogic, Siteminder. Migration of Apache 2.x to 6.x .Extensive experience with Websphere Plugin.
- Install, upgrade patches, deployment, monitor, tuning and configuration of WebLogic application server in multi cluster/server environment. Configured Node manager for administration of Managed servers. Upgrading from weblogic8.1/9.2 to weblogic 10.2 and Provided solutions to automate OPS processes..
- Automated application install, uninstall through shell scripts, JACL, Jython scripts using Cron, Control-M at job scheduling utilities. Migrating different applications from WebSphere 6.1 to 7.0 and handling issues from migrations at enterprise level.
- Involved in integrating enterprise applications using webMethods Integration Platform 7.1.
- Gathered the requirements for design and created analysis documents for design of the integration.Managed the security and performance optimizations for EJB containers, WEB containers for applications in WebSphere.
- Configured Security and SSL Security for WebSphere Application Server and used federated repositories.
- Used iKeyMan tool to create new SSL certificate requests, renew and update new SSL certificates.
- Configured Server Groups for High Availability and Fail over capability.Created and added the new application servers to the existing Horizontal and Vertical cluster environment.
- Used Tivoli Performance Monitoring tool and Wily Introscope to monitor application resources Enterprise beans, servlets and WAS runtime resources JVM memory, application server thread pools, database connection pool .
- Scheduled meetings with Business Analysts and the programmers to resolve the high complex issues and interpreted log files to locate and solve application server problems.
- Troubleshoot problem-tickets, worked with developers to identify the root cause and resolve the issue or propose a potential work around.Performed WebSphere Configuration backup and restoration using scripts.
- Maintaining updated documentation of all the servers, installed applications and updates related to various deployments.
- Used ISA to troubleshoot, analyze and resolve issues, collect data automatically and create PMRs and send the required information to IBM.
- Installed upgrades and fix packs to the runtime environment as required decreasing vulnerability to production environment.
- Active involvement in monitoring server performance to reduce performance bottleneck.
- On call, on pager, 24x7 production support and maintenance of Applications Servers on a rotation basis.
IBM WebSphere Application Server 6.1/7.0, IBM WebSphere Portal 6.0/6.1, WebSphere MQ 5.3/6.0, webMethods Integration Server 7.1.2 with My webMethods Server, Developer 7.1.2, Broker 7.1.2, Trading Networks 7.1.2, IBM HTTP Server 2.0.47/6.1, , LDAP server, AIX, Windows 2000/2003, Oracle 10g, Tomcat, JSP 1.2, XML, SOAP, WSDL, JMS, HTML, JNDI,
Sr. WebSphere Administrator/Production Support
- Installed, configured, administered WAS-BASE, WebSphere Application Server ND, IHS, integrated with TAM, IBM Directory Server, WebSphere MQ, DB2, Oracle, Wily Introscope.
- Migrated content from WebSphere Application Server 5.1 to 6.1 and WebSphere Portal Server 5.1 to 6.1.
- Deployed application EAR Enterprise Archive files on WebSphere Application Server Network Deployment in QA, Staging and Production environments and troubleshoot various configuration and application issues.
- Monitored J2EE application's health including troubleshooting method level tracing and detecting memory leaks of defected applications using third party tools like Wily Introscope.
- Troubleshooting, Performance Tuning and Capacity Monitoring of Applications Servers using Tivoli Performance Viewer and log analyzer.
- Utilized skills in Perl, batch, shell, and wsadmin/JACL scripting to automate deploying, updating applications, migrating data and automating batch jobs.
- Used Cruise Control and Ant for the automation of build and deployment of war and ear files.
- Involved in securing the J2EE applications by implementing Single Sign On by using LTPA.
- Involved in configuring the WebSphere load balancing utilizing WebSphere Workload Management including Horizontal Scaling and Vertical Scaling.
- Performance tuned WAS by configuring caching, queuing, pooling, heap size and other JVM parameters.
- Configured and enabled PMI Performance Monitoring Interface , PMI Request Metrics and Dynamic caching for better performance monitoring.
- Used the performance center for making the performance and stress testing on the application.
- Troubleshoot and successfully resolved LDAP, SiteMinder, MQ, code, data issues.
- Co-ordinate between the business people and the programmers and worked with programmer to resolve the issues.
- Worked and solved variety of issues with WebSphere and J2EE applications and provided 24/7 support for critical applications with on-call pager rotation, flexible to work during off hours.
IBM WebSphere Application Server 5.1, 6.x, 6.1, WebSphere MQ 6.1, WebSphere Portal Server 6.x, Wily Introscope 5.x,6.x,7.x, Visual VM, Tivoli Access Manager 4.1, 5.1, IBM DB2, Oracle 9.x, 10g, AIX 5.1 ML03, AIX 5.3 ML04, Sun Solaris 5.9, Cruise Control, ANT, Clear Case, Performance Center, Documentum.
Report to project manager for all technical and troubleshooting solution with system errors and provide solution as per requirements of the customers through intranet online system updating and retrieving client reservation information application and generating highest revenue for the company and I was awarded received appreciation letters
- Performed all levels of hardware and software systems support for 200 computers and 50 printers.
- Responsible for e-mail system and Internet Information Server, meeting employee and customer needs 24/7
- Managed all new install projects for servers, switches, and other network resources.
- Developed and updates documentation, appraising users and administrators of vital information.
- Created user manuals and provided technical support sessions for new employees.
- Administrated and maintained environment security. Involved with administering security alerts to staff and weekly data backups.
- Created proactive procedures for problem preventions and resolutions, interfaced with software developers, analyzed issues, and designed solutions.
Systems Analyst/ Desktop Analyst
Managed Windows Server/Active Directory which provided security access to Master Solutions provided daily desktop support for up to 30 customers with maintaining and troubleshooting their software and database errors for following software's:- Manage Quick Oil, Quick Gas and Quick Trash.
- Managing SQL Magic Server for Messaging and used PC Anywhere for remote connectivity to troubleshoot systems and Database in MS Access and Window XP environment.
- Saved time and money by diagnosed and resolving Windows 2000 Server with XP operating systems issues with Active Directory connectivity which provides security access to Master Solutions.
- Maintained an IBM Approach database to store customer information.
- Trained up to 10-15 employees on database usage and functionality and provided hands-on technical help.
- Diagnosed and resolved functionality issues in MS Word, Excel, PowerPoint, Outlook and Access.
- Installed, supported and maintained new server hardware and software infrastructure.
- Allocated network resources and set up user accounts and maintain active directory, user policies and passwords.
- Create and modify for designing the web pages for the database deposition.
- Responsible for the database administration with SQL, Oracle, VB.
- Develop the queries for the data retrieval for reporting process of management.
- Train users and consult on the system.
- Analyses the system and make necessary changes and modifications.
- Suggested and provided IT solutions to business and management problems.
- Ensured that all IT equipment complied with industry standards andAnalyzed and resolved faults, whether it was a major system crash or a forgotten password.
- Undertook routine preventative measures and implemented, maintained and monitored network security, particularly when the network connected to the internet.
- Provided training and technical support for users with varying levels of IT knowledge and Competence.
- Supervised other staff, such as help desk technicians.