- Over 8years experience as a Websphere Administrator in increasing levels of responsibility and expertise in a wide range of IT disciplines specializing in Application Server, Web server, adept in all facets of administration, maintenance, Integration including Installation and Configuration.
- Proficient and well experienced in Planning, Patching, Tuning, Troubleshooting and Integrating IBM WebSphere Application Server, IBM Web Sphere MQ Server, Apache Tomcat, Jboss, Resin, TC Server, Web Logic, Apache Http Server, IHS, Glass Fish Application Server, SunOne Web Servers and LDAP.
- Expertise in the field of Enterprise Application Integration (EAI) in different phases of Software life cycle with emphasis in Implementation, Deployment and Support of distributed enterprise scalable, secure and transactional J2EE applications in production environment.
- Strong experience in Administration and Maintenance of WAS-ND clusters (vertical, horizontal) and deployment of applications in highly available, load balanced production environments.
- Involved in performing stress testing to test for workload balancing and memory leaks, connection pooling issues in Web Sphere Application Server and tuning.
- Experienced in WSadmin scripts to manage WebSphere Application Server configuration, application deployment and server run time operations.
- Proficient in configuring and managing open source tools like JENKINS, RUNDECK, PUPPET, Cloudera, CHEF and GECS.
- Experience in creating, configuring and administrating profiles, clusters, nodes, node agents and node groups for WebSphere Application Server.
- Experience in configuring Workload Management (WLM) using horizontal and vertical clustering in a WAS Network Deployment environment.
- Ability to define system requirements, recommending solutions, analyze capacity and makes appropriate modifications.
- Provided technical training to support/transition personnel Engineer’s new web technology as defined for 2nd Level support of Middleware Engineering Team.
- Good communication skills with high motivation to work in a team environment and also capable of managing the project independently.
- Ability to interact with developers and product analysts regarding testing status and maintaining detailed documentation.
- Good knowledge in configuring High Availability Manager for failover & recovery techniques.
- Ability to provide 24/7 on call support for production environments. Able to work efficiently in a group as well as independently.
- Strong analytical skills and problem solving skills. Willingness and ability to quickly adapt to new environments and learn new technologies.
IHS, IIS, Apache, Sun One
WAS 5.x/6.x/7.0/8.0, Apache Tomcat 7.x, Glass fish, Jboss 5.x/6.x
Sun Solaris 8/9/10, AIX (5.1/5.2/5.3), WINDOWS 2000/2003/08/12 , RHEL 3/4/5/6., HP-UNIX, MS-DOS.
Oracle 9i/10g/11g, IBM DB2 8.x/9.x, SQL Server, PL/SQL, OEM
TCP/IP, HTTP/HTTPS, SOAP, RMI/IIOP, Telnet, SSH, SSL, Flat File, JDBC, FTP, SFTP
Sr. Websphere Administrator/Sr. Middleware Engineer
Confidential, Alpharetta, GA
Environment: RHEL, Windows 2003/08/12, Web Sphere Application Server, Web logic, Resin, TC Server, Tomcat 7, IHS, Oracle 11g, Apache, Jenkins, Chef, Apache Active MQ, Akamai, LDAP Run deck, shell, Perl, Ruby, Keynote, IPsoft, Marathon.
Sr. Application Operations/Web Sphere Admin
Confidential, Woodland Hills, CA
Environment: RHEL, Windows 2003/08/12, Web Sphere Application Server 6.1, Tomcat 7, IHS, Oracle 11g, Apache, Jenkins, Puppet, Chef, Apache Active MQ, Cloudera, GECS, Rundeck, shell, Perl, Ruby, Splunk 6.0, SCOM.
- Support IBM Web Sphere Network Deployment Server 8.0, IBM HTTP Server 8.0.
- Migrate Web Sphere ND from 6.1 to 8.0 on AIX, Linux systems.
- Migrated all the applications on Web Sphere 6.1 to 8.0.
- Migrated the automated deployment process, wsadmin scripts for production/Test/Development from WebSphere Application Server ND 6.1 to Tomcat 7.x.
- Configuration, Administration and Maintenance of IBM Web Sphere MQ Series Version 7.5and Apache Active MQ on Windows, Red Hat LINUX and Kaha DB.
- Achieving High Availability by setting up of Multi Instance Queue Manager.
- Monitoring the MQ environment through IBM Tivoli.
- Writing customized scripts and running crontabs for scheduling automated backups. Recreation of objects from backup. Determination and Handling of errors using traces and logs.
- Upgrade Web Sphere ND 6.1 and 8.5.x with refresh packs and fixes packs.
- Sr. Web Sphere Admin
Environment: Web Sphere Application Server 6.x/7.x, Web Sphere Process Server 6.x/7.0, IBM HTTP Server 6.x/7.0, AIX 6.1, RedHat Linux, Windows 2003/2008/XP, DB2, MySQL 2003,CA Wily Introscope 8.x/9.
- Installed, configured and maintained IBM WebSphere Network Deployment Server 7.x/8.x, IBM HTTP Server 7.x/8.x.
- Migrated WebSphere ND from 7.x to 8.x on AIX, Linux systems
- Upgraded WebSphere ND 7.x and 8.x with refresh packs and fixes packs.
- Integrated and deployed Enterprise J2EE applications on WebSphere ND 7.0 and 6.1 that involves EAR, JAR, WAR files using Admin Console and automated scripts.
- Migrated all the applications on WebSphere 7.x to 8.x
- Implemented the Clustering Topology for Application Server that meets High Availability and Failover requirement for performance and functionality.
- Used Profiling tool to fine-tune the application's performance.
- Worked on Administering IBM Lotus Web Content management 2.5/5.0/6.0 versions
- Managed Security and Performance optimizations for IBM WebSphere Application Server, IBM HTTP Server and Apache Web Server.
- Configured the Web Server interfaces, Virtual Hosts and Session Management.
- Analyzed Heap dumps and Core dumps using IBM Heap analyzer and thread analyzer.
- Troubleshooting on issues such as out of memory, memory leaks, hung sessions and session replication, federation of nodes and synchronization of nodes with NDM.
- Configured WebSphere resources like JDBC providers, JDBC data sources, connection pooling.
- Experience in building an application using ANT Scripts and Automated Deployment of the applications using the Scripts.
- Extensive hands on using UNIX Shell scripts, JYTHON automated scripts for administration.
- Configured IBM HTTP Server with SSL for communication between Plug-in and Application Server.
- Monitored and tuned application infrastructure for better performance, availability and utilization of resources.
- Created Self-Signed certificate for IHS 2.0.47 using ikeyman tool.
- Problem determination using local error logs and by running user traces and service traces.
- Involved in assisting QA team in Load and Integration testing of J2EE applications on WebSphere Application Server.
- Maintained updated documentation of all the Servers, installed applications and updates.
- Assembled and deployed the application in staging, in productions, following change management practices and 24/7 support.
Sr. Web Sphere Administrator
Confidential, Hartford, CT
Environment: Web Sphere Application Server ND 6.1.x/6.0.x/5.1.x/5.0.x, Sun Solaris 8, Windows 2000, DB2UDB 8.0, IBM HTTP Server 6.x/2.0/1.3, XML, Tivoli Directory Server v5.0(LDAP), Tivoli Performance Viewer, wsadmin, Jacl.
- Installed and configured IBM Web Sphere Application Server ND and IHS on Sun Solaris8 and Windows 2008 server in a multi clustered high availability environments.
- Migrated WAS application’s from 6.1 to 7.0 in development, test and production environments.
- Implemented horizontal and vertical scaling of WebSphere in a workload-managed cluster to avoid failovers.
- Performed the package, build, integrate and deployment of enterprise J2EE applications on Web Sphere 6.1 that involved the creation and editing of EAR, JAR, WAR files.
- Configured WebSphere resources including JDBC providers, JDBC data sources and connection pooling.
- Installed plug-ins and worked on issues related with the AppServer and webserver connectivity.
- Troubleshooter for various issues like Heap size, class path, threads pools and port conflicts.
- Log rotation of web and application server logs on a daily basis.
- Deployed Enterprise applications on clustered Application Servers through admin console and by using automated scripts on UNIX/Windows environment.
- Created users, groups in LDAP (TDS) and mapped them to the enterprise applications running on WAS.
- Generated web plug-in and configured with web servers by doing manual edits.
- Involved in configuration of Web Sphere Application Server resources like JDBC, J2C, JMS and Connection Pooling.
- Integrated Enterprise-wide J2EE applications and deployed using Admin console, automated using wsadmin scripts (JACL & Jython).
- Reviewed Web Server, Application Server Performance Monitoring data using both Wily Introscope and Tivoli Performance Viewer and reviewed historical Tivoli logs for root cause analysis, recurring events and involved in troubleshooting.
- Maintained UNIX Shell Scripts, JACL to automate the WebSphere administration (deploying customer applications, logs rotation, monitor applications state etc...).
- Worked on Problem tickets (PMR’s) with IBM to find effective solutions to various problems and performance issues.
- Well documented all procedures and any other important issues.
- Provided 24/7 on call support on rotation basis.
Confidential, San Francisco, CA
Environment: WebSphere Application Server, IHS, Sun Solaris, J2EE, Oracle, SQL Server
- Installed, configured & upgraded WAS for all QA, Disaster Recovery (DR), DEV and Production environments
- Installed and configured the IBM HTTP Web Servers on Sun platform
- Managed offshore team for team size of four
- Extensively worked on issues like High CPU & memory leaks to identify the bottlenecks by analyzing the thread dumps & heap dumps
- Responsible in Creating/Configuring websites on all webservers IIS/IHS
- Analyzed the results for Stress & Performance test & made necessary configuration changes to overcome the performance issues
- Tuned necessary JVM arguments initial heap, maximum heap, new size, survivor ratio & perm w.r.t the performance of an application
- Used WebSphere plug-in for load balancing across the cluster members
- Responsible for troubleshooting networking issues, opening tickets for DNS changes, firewall requests
- Responsible for writing and deploying shell scripts to automate various tasks like start and stop scripts, log rotation
- Experience to enterprise class system monitoring tools such as Wily and Tivoli
Environment: IBM WebSphere Application Server 4.0/5.0, Oracle, Windows XP, Apache, LDAP, IBM HTTP Server, Solaris 5.8, Red Hat.
- Setup, installation and administration of IBM WebSphere Application Server 5.0 and IBM HTTP Server.
- Involved in migration of WebSphere Application Server 4.0 to WebSphere Application Server 5.0.
- Deployed applications (EAR/WAR) files on multiple servers/clusters and maintained load balancing, high availability and failover functionality.
- Troubleshooting and administration of IBM WebSphere Application Server 5.0 and IBM HTTP Server.
- Troubleshooting applications, analyzing logs to diagnose problems.
- Monitoring applications and servers.
- Creating PMR’s (Problem Management Record) and coordinating with IBM for problems encountered by application teams.
- Configured WebSphere resources like JDBC providers, JDBC data sources, connection pooling.
- Implemented creation of server groups and clusters in WebSphere Application Server