- Over 7 years of experience in I.T Industry, and over 6 years of experience in Middleware WebSphere Administration by utilizing my technical expertise, architectural and design skills.
- Experienced in installation, configuration, deployment and management of enterprise applications using WebSphere Application Server 6x/7x/8x, in Windows 2000/2003, Linux (Red Hat/SUSE), Solaris, AIX.
- Setting up and maintaining stage and Production environment for Websphere Application Server andWebsphere Commerce server.
- Experienced in migration of application from WebSphere 8.0 version.
- Experincedin Clustering, EJB,Scalability and Reliability, JDBC connections and JMS connection factories.
- Experienced in installation and configuration of IBM HTTP Web Server, iPlanet Web Server 4.0, Apache Web Servers2.0/2.2,and IIS.
- Experienced in applying Patches and Plug-ins for WebSphere Application Server.
- Proficient in configuring Apache Tomcat Server 7.0/8.0, deploy applications in a clustering and session replication environment including Secure Socket Layer (SSL) configuration.
- Experienced in installation, configuration, deployment and management of enterprise applications using Weblogic Application Server 8.0.
- Strong technical knowledge including WebSphere Application Server implementation, support, workload management and performance tuning.
- Extensive experience in optimizing the performance of WebSphere Application Server using Work Load Management (WLM) with cloning and clustering techniques.
- Deployed applications on multiple WebServers and maintained Load balancing, High availability and Failover functionality.
- Experience in Performance tuning each environment by using Tivoli Performance Viewer, Resource Analyzer and troubleshooting using Log Analyzer.
- Experience working with Computer Associates Wily Introscope web application performance management tool.
- Experienced in installing and configuring IBM WebSphere MQ series. Configured listener ports, JMS resources and Connection queues/ Connection factories.
- Knowledge in Enterprise Service Bus and experience in implementing ESB architecture.
- Proficient in deploying applications in WAR, JAR, and EAR formats
- Experienced in installing and migrating to latest versions.
- Experience working with Web Server applications using IBM HTTP, Apache and Tomcat.
- Experienced deploying customized applications using WebSphere Application Server .
- Experience in operational 24x7 supports, best practice troubleshooting, monitoring, capacityplanning and maintenance.
Middleware: IBM WebSphere Application Server 6x/7.0/8x, WebSphereCommerce Server6.x, Apache Tomcat 7x/8x, JBOSS.
Operating Systems:UNIX, Linux, AIX,OS/390, AS/400, HP-UX (including Service Guard), Solaris (Including Veritos), and Windows 95/98/NT/2000/XP/2003
Languages: C,C++, Java 2, Visual Basic, SQL, PL/SQL, and ESQL
Monitoring Tools:Tivoli Performance Viewer, Thread Analyzer, Log Analyzer and Wily Introscope
Scripts/ Scripting Tools:JACL, JYTHON, Shell scripts, (bash, korn), WSCP, WSADMIN tools
Web Servers:Apache HTTP, Tomcat Apache,SunOne/ iPlanet, IBM HTTP, IIS
Database:Oracle 10g, DB2, PLSQL server and MS Access
UML Tools: Rational Rose, Visual Paradigm, Rational ClearCase
Protocols: TCP/IP, FTP, SMTP, SOAP, POP , LDAP and HTTP
Microsoft Tools: PowerPoint, Word, Excel, MS Projects, Visio 2003
- Worked with all Administrative Tasks like Installation, Configuration, Deployment, Scripting, Trouble shooting of WebSphere Application Server 6x/7.0/8x
- Installing and configuring a complete websphere commerce environment including Websphere Application Server, Websphere Commerce Server, DB2, IBM HTTP server, MQ.
- Deployed various types of application packages including JAR, WAR and EAR files.
- Assisted production and development teams throughout life cycle on engineering application architectures and standards as well as interacting and assisting through application changes/deployments.
- Created and maintained technical documentation for the IBM WebSphere environment, including network diagrams, installation and configuration procedures, troubleshooting guidelines, and operational procedures.
- Installed and configured WebSphere Application Server 6x/7.0/8xon UNIX and Windows Environments by creating multiple profiles, application servers by configuring Node Manager and Network Deployment Manager including JDBC connection pool configuration
- Implemented SSL Certificates both internal and external for secure iPlanet instances.
- Strong troubleshooting skills and ability to methodically identify research and resolve complex issues in the web environment with iPlanet Web Server.
- Experienced in implementing and managing server clustering and maintenance of connections pools.
- Deployed applications on to WebSphere Application Server as per Development, Test and Production team requests through hp Open View Service Desktickets.
IBM WebSphere 6x/7.0/8x, IBM,WebSphere Commerce Server 7.x, IHS Web Server, AIX, IIS, Apache, JSP, EJB, JDBC, Windows 2003 Server.
- Responsible for installation, administration, development and implementation of web application using WebSphere Application Server 5x/6x/7.0 on Red Hat Linux 9, Solaris, AIX, Win2K.
- Responsible for installing third party software necessary to test the product such as IBM Http Server and Apache Web Server.
- Installed Upgrade Service Packs for migration of applications to WebSphere Application Server 6.0/6.1.
- Installation of WebServer of Apache, SunOne/iPlanet and IISand IHS.
- Deployed large web-based transaction systems in WebSphere Application Server 5x/6x/7x
- Deployed java applications on Apache Tomcat 6.x in a clustering environment.
- Implemented Cloning, Clustering, Performance tuning and trouble shooting of IBM WebSphere Application Server 6x/7x.
- Configuration and connection polls to Oracle 10g
- Ensure application dependencies are integrated on system level components such as database, Data Source Name (DSN), and Application Server connection pooling (Oracle10g) including identification and documentation
- Involved in evaluation and providing support for IBM WebSphere Portal server 6x/7x.
- Deployed Servlets, Session and Entity Beans on the WebSphere Application Server.
- Managed the Security and Performance optimizations for EJB containers and web applications in IBM WebSphere, IBM HTTP Server and Apache Web Server and IIS.
- Managed security and performance optimizations for WebSphere Application Server 6x/7x.
- Used Tivoli Performance Monitoring tool to monitor application resources (Enterprise beans, servlets) and WAS runtime resources(JVM memory, application server thread pools, database connection pool)..
- Trouble shooting on issues such as out of memory, memory leaks, hung sessions and session replication.
- Effectively interacted with the users on a daily basis, decreasing downtime and increasing user productivity.
- Monitored for Applicationcore dumps, orforced thread dumpsto check for system objectsusingthread analyzer.
- Developed scripts to handle everyday System Administration tasks such as backup procedure, system cleanup, everyday system tasks, etc.
- Extensively worked on performance tuning and log analyzer to analyze various logs and traces. 24/7 support in troubleshooting problems occur for E-business and regular WebSphere applications.
- Documented all procedures and any other important issues.
WebSphere Application Server 6x/7.0, WebSphere Portal server 5x/6x, IBM HTTP Server, SunOne/IPlanet,Apache Web Server, Weblogic8.1/9.x,SunSolaris, AIX,Windows2000/2003, Oracle WebLogic 8.x/9.x/10.x ,IIS, JBOSS, Oracke10g, J2EE, Tivoli Performance Viewer, Log Analyzer, Thread Analyzer, Heap Analyzer, Samba 3.0.24,/3.0.
Confidential , Santa Monica, CA
- Installation, Configuration and Maintenance of IBM WebSphere Application Server 5.1/6.0on AIX 5.3 Platform
- Implementation of horizontal and vertical scaling of WebSphere Application Server (WAS) in a workload-managed cluster. This has involved modeling and cloning (now called server groups and cloning) services in WAS 5.x/6.0
- Deployment, Installation and maintenance of several Enterprise Applications in a clustered environment with fail-over support with the interaction of the Developers
- Applying patches and plug-ins for WebSphere Application Server
- Installation, Configuration and Maintenance Apache 2.0.
- Installation, Configuration and Maintenance Apache Tomcat 4.x/5.x.
- Involvement in performance monitoring and tuning by using the Tivoli Performance Viewer
- Configuring security of Websphere using LDAP server (Microsoft Active Directory)
- Performing Troubleshooting by analyzing log files using the Log Analyzer tool and also by running traces
- Responsible for installing and configuring third party software necessary to test the product such as IBM HTTP Server 2.0, and DB2 8.2
- Maintenance of WebSphere backup scripts using JACL
- Involvement in writing scripts to handle everyday System Administration tasks such as backup procedure, system cleanup etc. using shell scripting and CRONJOBS
- 24x7 on-call support on a rotation basis
- Maintenance of the local Apache and IBM HTTP web server
- Documentation of all procedures and any other important issues
IBM Web sphere Application Server 5.1/6.0,Apache2.0,Tomcat5.x/6.x, AIX, Windows 2000, DB2, UDB, Mercury and IBM Web sphere MQ 5.3, Solaris, Windows 2000.
Confidential , Overland park, KS
- Installed and configured IBM WebSphere Application Server 5.0 and IBM HTTP Server 1.3.26 on AIX and SUN Solaris
- Involved in installation, configuration, migration, and clustering and user management on AIX/Solaris
- Involved in designing WebSphere Application Server load balancing and fail over by using Workload Management (WLM) horizontal and vertical scalling
- Responsible for installing and configuring third party software necessary to test the product such as IBM HTTP Servers 1.3.26, and Oracle 8i
- Responsible for Web server and Application server installation, support and performance monitoring for all applications running on the company’s Website
- Integrated WebSphere Applications with MQ Series using JMS Admin
- Monitoring S & P Testing ,Smoke Testing, and Load Testing using Mercury LoadRunner 7.0
- Played an active involvement in monitoring service performance, network traffic to reduce performance bottleneck by enhanced performance ensuring upstream queuing
- Configured the Web Server interfaces, session management, virtual hosts and transports for WebSphere Application Servers
- Applied software maintenance, program fixes and keeping the system software releases current using Tivoli
- Configured WebSphere resources including JDBC providers, JDBC data sources, connection pooling, and JavaMail sessions. Deployed Session and Entity EJBs in WebSphere
- Systems administrator providing support for production and development systems
- 24x7 application/infrastructure support
Solaris, AIX, JDBC, JMS, MQ Series 5.2, Oracle, IBM HTTP Server, Apache Web Server and WebSphere Application Server, Mercury LoadRunner 7.0.
Confidential , MN, Minneapolis
- Installed and Configured WebSphere Application Server 5.1 and IBM HTTP Server 5.1 on Red hat Linux&AIX.
- Involved inconfiguration and performance tuning. Created clusters to manage work load and process failure.
- Created Clusters and instances in WebSphere Network Deployment to support high availability, fail over and implemented horizontal clustering.
- Implemented upgrading tasks to both WAS and IHS by applying fix packs
- Deployment and troubleshooting of JAR, WAR, and EAR files in clustered environment.
- Monitoring error logs, fixing problems and tuning parameters on WebSphere Application Server.
- Monitor, analyze and fine-tune application resources (enterprise beans, servlet etc.) and J2EE runtime parameters such as JVM heap size, memory usage, thread pools etc.
- Involved in troubleshooting with IBM Heap Analyzer and IBM Thread DumpAnalyzerto improve performance.
- Used Tivoli Performance Viewer to monitor WebSphere Applications and tuned the environment accordingly like changing the JVM Heap, and Connection Pool sizes.
- Managed security and performance of EJB containers and web applications by effective distribution of incoming work requests in the clustered WebSphere environment
- Configured IBM LDAP directory access protocol for different levels of user access.
Environment: WebSphere Application Server 5.X, IBM HTTP Server 2.0, WebSphere Process Server 5.0, Tivoli Performance Viewer, AIX 5.3 and Linux
Confidential , India.
- Analyzed the requirement and prepared design documents using OOAD & UML
- Designed High Level, Low Level system diagrams, Use Cases, Class diagram, Sequence diagram, Activity diagram, State diagram, Deployment diagram and Component diagram using Rational Rose. Developed prototypes according to UI standards using html, CSS.
- Coding server pages using jsp. Developed controllers in Servlets, business objects in EJB container managed persistent beans (CMP).
- Involved in peer review process that includes documents and code review. Developed Test cases using JUnit an Http Unit and test plans for unit as well as integration testing. Creation of the build using the Ant tool.
- Involved in the deployment of application on the Web logic Application server.