QUALIFICATIONS SUMMARY:The applicant has over 20 years experience as a Technical Architect, Management Consultant and IT Leader. Over the years, he has worked as a Senior Enterprise Architect; Lead Application & Integration Architect; Solution Architect; Strategic Planner; Project and Delivery Manager. Mr. Kain is highly skilled in IT Strategy solutions, Enterprise Architecture transformation, Technology Strategic and Operational visioning and Business Processes alignment, Distributed Computing, Enterprise Application Integration (EAI), Business Process Management (BPM), Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), system delivery such as OOAD, SDLC, RUP, Agile, Scrum and RAD operational methodologies and governance models. He has a proven record of accomplishment and has demonstrated many successes within the areas of planning, designing, and implementing various ecommerce solutions, application and integration frameworks and operational processes
Key Competencies Description:
- IBM WebSphere Server Advanced Edition V8.x, V7.x, 6.x, IBM HTTP Server
- IBM Rational Software Architect (RSA) V8.x, Rational Application Developer (RAD) V8.x
- IBM WebSphere Integration Developer (WID) V6.x
- IBM WebSphere Portal Server V8.x
- Oracle WebLogic Server V11, 10.x, 9.x, Oracle WebCenter, Oracle WebLogic Portal 10.x, BEA WebLogic Workshop V8.x, BEA AquaLogic ESB, BPM
- Netscape iPlanet Server 4.1; Apache HTTP Server 2.x; Sun Web Server 6.x
- Apache Xerces, Apache Xalan; Apache AXIS; Spring framework; Hibernate framework, Struts
- JProbe; Mercury WinRunner & LoadRunner, Junit 3.8, XMLUnit 1.0
- Documentum Content Management System (CMS); FatWire CMS
- Microsoft Office SharePoint Server
- Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Web Services, BPM, Composite applications, Workflow
- Eclipse V3.4 IDE
- Autonomy IDOL
- IBM WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) V6.x
- IBM WebSphere BPM/Process Server/Process Manager V8.x
- IBM WebSphere Business Modeler V6.x
- IBM WebSphere DataPower XS40, XC10
- IBM WebSphere Message Broker (WMB) V8.x
- IBM Integration Bus (IIB) 9.x
- IBM WebSphere Cast Iron 7.x
- IBM WebSphere MQ/MQSeries 7.x
- IBM InfoSphere InfoSphere Information Server 11.x
- BEA WebLogic Integration 8.x, AquaLogic BPM, AquaLogic ESB
- Sun/SeeBeyond e*Gate 5.0.5 (SRE)/4.5.3, Sun JCAPS
- Vitria BusinessWare 4.0
- Oracle 11, 10, 9; Sybase 11, DB2, UDB
- Java, Java EE 8, 7 (JSPs, Servlets, EJBs, JCA, JMS, JTA, JNDI, JDBC); JSF, JDK 5, AJAX, JSON
- HTML, XML, DOM, SAX, XSLT, SOAP, WSDL, UDDI, JAX - RPC, JAX-WS, REST, BTP, ebXML, UML, C, C++, SQL, BPEL, Portlet, PHP
- UNIX, AIX, Solaris, HP-UX; RedHat Linux; DEC/VAX VMS; MS Windows
Packages & ASP
- SAP, Salesforce.com, PeopleSoft, Oracle
Methodologies, Standards, Applications & Tools
- Rational Unified Process (RUP), UML, SDLC, OOAD, TOGAF, Zachman, GoF/J2EE/SOA Design Patterns, Agile, SCRUM
- Rational Enterprise Suite - Rational Software Architect (RSA), Rational Rose, ClearCase, ClearQuest, RequisitePro, SODA
- eXtreme Programming (XP); Agile Methodology; Scrum, MS Project; CMM; HIPAA; HL7, X12, CPT coding, ICD9 coding, SNOMED CT coding
- Management: Strategy, Transformation, Visualization, Planning, Estimating, Budget, Implementation, Delivery, Staffing, Training, Mentoring, Post Merger and Acquisition Integration
- Operations & Processes: Supply Chain Management, Procurement, Sales Force Automation, Financial Systems and Reporting, Warehouse Management, Royalties, Publishing Technologies
- PVCS, VSS
- Domain Experience in various industries with a strong focus on Software & Consulting, Healthcare, Banking & Finance, Warehouse & Distribution, Manufacturing, Book Publishing and Online Content Delivery, Automotive, Retail, Non-Profit Medical Organizations, Services
Confidential, North America
Technology, Management and Transformation Consulting to the leading Fortune 500 organizations specializing in strategy, architecture and integration services.
Role: Managing Integration Leader/Sr Manager
- Lead a B2B Integration Team, including onsite as well as offshore architects and developers, as part of the Ad Production Management Portal implementation for a leading global advertising, marketing and communication company utilizing Agile delivery model.
- Responsible for functional and technical requirements analysis, integration architecture blueprint, detailed design specifications, implementation of orchestration and mediation integration flows utilizing IBM Cast Iron platform for integrating IBM InfoSphere Master Data Management (MDM) and Ad Production Portal developed in Salesforce.com.
- Manage all client relationships, project budget, project plan, issues escalation and resolution, risk management
Environment: IBM WebSphere Cast Iron V7.x, IBM InfoSphere Information Server V11.x, Salesforce.com
Confidential, Chicago, IL
Enterprise Architecture transformation, Technology Strategic and Operational visioning and Business Processes alignment consulting services to the leading Fortune 500 organizations.
Role: Enterprise Architect/ Consultant
- Architect Smart Meter roll out Conceptual and Contextual Integration architecture blueprint
- Collaborate with stakeholders, business SMEs and Technical Architects to capture functional and non-functional requirements
- Perform high level system analysis and design utilizing IBM WebSphere EAI stack, SCA and SOA patterns and best practices, enterprise common frameworks and industry accepted architecture guiding principles.
- Architect mediation flows, transformation components and primitives, core web services and process flows using WID, IBM WebSphere Application Server, IBM WebSphere Message Broker, IBM WebSphere Process Server and WebSphere Business Modeler
Environment: IBM WebSphere Server 8.x, WebSphere Process Server V8.x, WebSphere Integration Developer (WID) V7.x, WebSphere Message Broker (WMB) v8.x, WebSphere Business Modeler, IBM MQ, RTM, IBM Integration Bus (IIB)
Confidential, Consulting and Advisory Practice
Role: Lead Technologist/Management Consultant
- Plan and implement full lifecycle product delivery from inception to transition, resource planning and team organization and management, financial estimating, risk analysis and mitigation strategy
- Lead pilot projects, prototyping and proof of concept initiatives in order to develop internal software components and services for use on client engagements
- Oversee most of the company’s eCommerce initiatives and services from definition to implementation. Continue to be forward looking and proactive, continue seeking out new, state-of-the-art technologies
- Lead personnel and project staffing activities such as recruitment, development, motivation and retention of employees
Role: Lead Solution Architect
- Lead Business Transformation, Future Process definition and Application Architecture synthesis of a national CPT Codes repository
- Conduct rapid design and visualization workshops with business stakeholders to flesh out future process flows, function points, requirements and user interfaces
- Conceptualize four architecture views (contextual, conceptual, logical and physical) of the system “to be”. Create Use Case, Process, Deployment and Implementation architecture models using RSA
- Create SOA architecture footprint based on SOA standards, guidelines and principles for service composition, mediation, and hosting, IBM WebSphere Server, ESB, Process Management, IBM Integration Server, DataPower SOA appliance
- Create portfolio of Enterprise Services including WS-I compliant, interoperable Web Services and SOA components
- Design key patterns and mechanisms including Navigation (JSF, Ajax with Dojo Toolkit and IBM extensions), Data Access (Hibernate O/R mapping), Composite Mediation Flows (BPEL), Message Broker (XML Transformation and Content Based Routing) and others
- Design application sub-systems that enable rapid assembly of business processes by wiring reusable service components that are discovered from multiple locations such as the WebSphere Service Registry and Repository (WSRR)
Environment: IBM WebSphere Server 8.x, WebSphere Portal Server 7.x, IBM Rational Software Architect (RSA) 8.x, Rational Application Developer (RAD) 8.x, WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus V6.1, WebSphere Process Server V6.2 , WebSphere Integration Developer (WID) V6.2 , RUP, Autonomy IDOL, DataPower SOA
Role: Technical Consultant
- Implement EAI Framework using full life cycle development based on WebLogic Integration (WLI) Trading Partner Integration and Management system utilizing BPM and Workflow management for document exchange and process control.
- Tune application performance and availability. This involves reviewing and eliminating processing and application code bottlenecks.
- Use best practices to utilize better clustering and replication strategies, review and adjust JVM and server configuration settings, optimize XML document processing.
- Architect and develop EAI Connectors with BPM process flows (workflows) for Bank Account, Account Services and Customer Services systems.
- Develop custom JPD’s, JWS’s and process controls utilizing BEA WebLogic Integration (WLI), Workshop IDE, JMS, XML, XML Beans and XQuery.
- Design and implement Web Services based test framework utilizing Junit, Apache Axis & XMLUnit.
Environment: BEA WebLogic Server (WLS) 8.1 SP4, BEA WebLogic Integration (WLI) 8.1 SP4, BEA Workshop IDE, Apache Axis 1.1, XMLUnit, Junit, Spring framework; Hibernate framework, Agile
Capgemini Earnst & Young , Chicago IL March, 2007 - April, 2008
Technology, Management and Transformation Consulting to the leading Fortune 500 organizations specializing in strategy, architecture and integration services.
Role: Lead Enterprise Architect/Management Consultant
- Lead a $4.2M Entrprise Application Architecture trasformation initiative for a large scale upgrade of dealer communication system
- Implement contextual, conceptual, logical and physical architecture synthesis. Produce Rational Unified Process (RUP) architecture artifacts such as use case models and use case realizations utilizing Rational Software Architect (RSA) tool.
- Perform system analysis and design utilizing UML 2.0 models, J2EE & SOA patterns, enterprise common frameworks and industry accepted architecture guiding principles.
- Architect distributed Web and EAI applications based on core Java technologies and tools such as Web Services, Portlets, JSF, Hibernate, WebSphere Application Server, WebSphere Portal Server and WebSphere Enterprise Service Bus (ESB).
- Evaluate and recommend IBM Federated Data Server as an enterprise platform for data access in Oracle, DB2 and Legacy databases and stores.
- Develop best-of-class Service Oriented Architecture (SOA) solutions utilizing IBM WebSphere stack.
- Develop enterprise application architecture that provides for a fully integrated suite of applications and data at the conceptual, logical and physical levels that allows for alignment of business needs, information, processes, security and infrastructure.
- Track deliverables, budgets and timelines per plan and budget. Identify and mitigate project risks. QA work products and mentor client and project staff.
- Collaborate with off shore team as part of distributed delivery model.
Environment: IBM WebSphere Server 7.x, WebSphere Portal Server 6.x, IBM Rational Software Architect (RSA) 7.x, WebSphere MQ, WebSphere ESB, IIB, WID, RUP
Role: Engagement Lead Manager
- Lead a team to create a strategic and operational plan for Corporate Enterprise Portal based on Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS) architecture.
- The scope includes implementing full lifecycle delivery from inception to transition based on Rational Unified Process (RUP), resource planning and team organization, financial estimating, risk analysis and development of mitigation strategy.
- Review and validate solution and technical architecture of SharePoint portal, interfaces to back-office and 3rd party applications as well as 3rd party add-ins.
- Solution includes integration framework to back-office applications, rapid UI design and prototyping, integrated Project Management methodology and distributed delivery methods.
Environment: Microsoft Office SharePoint Server (MOSS), MS SQL Server, RUP, PHP
Role: Application Stream Delivery Manager/Lead Enterprise Architect
- Lead an Enterprise Application Transformation stream as part of consulting practice team assisting with post merger integration (PMI) process between two major public publishing and media companies in a global $5B company.
- The scope of the engagement involved combined corporate entity process and organization rationalization, post-acquisition strategy for the Finance, Supply Chain and IT divisions, technology planning and integration, data centers refresh and consolidation, change management and synergy realization that resulted in over $40M in annual cost savings.
- Carry out assessment and design of a new Corporate IT organization, operating and business model, design and implementation of a new governance process and a global assessment, re-engineering and rationalization of all core IT processes and applications.
- The application portfolio includes SAP & PeopleSoft based financial and ERP systems, CRM and Sales Force Automation based on Salesforce.com, Royalties systems, Distribution and Warehouse Management systems, eCommerce and Web Storefronts, Publishing Technologies among others.
Environment: WebSphere Commerce Server (WCS), WebSphere Portal Server, EDI VAN, SAP ERP, PeopleSoft Financials, Scrum
Role: Enterprise Architecture Lead
- Lead a SWAT team to conduct Architecture Assessment and Evaluation of the existing Microsoft VB .Net based online search and advertizing engine. Present recommendation for deployment of next generation application designed to achieve 55% increase in functionality, rapid return on investment and 30% reduction in annual maintenance costs to the executive group.
- Perform full system replacement estimation and planning including widget count and estimation model as part of new business development effort.
Environment: VB.Net, IIS, SQL Server, Google search, Yahoo search
Provide consulting services for Fortune 500 organizations, with focus on eCommerce, Web and Portal technologies, Service Oriented Architecture (SOA), Enterprise Application Integration (EAI), Mission Critical Systems (24x7). Focus on implementation, strategy, architecture, capacity planning, design, development, management, deployment, and support.
Role: Management Consultant/Enterprise Architect
- Architect, design and build scalable, extensible and fault tolerant infrastructure to host all Enterprise Web applications.
- Implement multiple domains with instances of BEA WebLogic Server, Apache HTTP Server with Oracle 10g backend.
- Implement and roll out Enterprise wide intranet portal based on WebLogic Portal and Apache Web Server.
- Implement and roll out Enterprise Website based on WebLogic Server, N-tier J2EE architecture and Fatwire Content Management system (CMS).
- Design, build and integrate content assets and dynamic HTML templates into flexible content management system.
- Implement SOA/Web Services/ESB application workflow, collaboration and transformation functionalities by integrating existing EAI framework with BEA WebLogic Integration, AquaLogic Enterprise Service Bus (ESB) and BPM engine.
- Configure and deploy reverse proxy server based on Netscape iPlanet Server 4.1. Generate and deploy SSL Certificates.
- Architect and build Enterprise test platform based on Mercury WinRunner and LoadRunner.
- Perform requirements analysis, mapping and design of enterprise interfaces specifications between hospital clinical/registration system and ancillary downstream systems such as lab, radiology, cardiology and surgery.
- As part of replacing existing EMR Clinical system with Epic, implement ADT’s, orders and results interfaces using HL7 eWays and Sun/SeeBeyond e*Gate Message Broker and Data Transformation middleware.
- Lead development of WLI and e*Gate based interfaces between disparate hospital and partner systems. Framework enables real time and batch interfaces to connect, route, transform and publish messages.
- Architect e*Gate for High Availability, automatic fail-over and off-site Disaster Recovery.
- Develop ETD’s, IQ’s and interfaces including mappings and collaborations using e*Gate schema manager and collaboration editor.
- Develop e*Gate interface feeds into Enterprise Data Warehouse. Leverage business intelligence and reporting capabilities of Business Objects Enterprise 11 (BOE) to support enterprise data mining and reporting needs.
- Introduce system development methodology based on Rational Unified Process (RUP). Facilitate department wide roll out.
- Establish Web and EAI best practices, development and architecture standards.
Environment: Oracle WebLogic Server (WLS) 10.x, Oracle WebCenter Portal 10.x, BEA WLI 8.1 SP4, BEA AquaLogic 2.x, Apache HTTP Server 2.x, Java JDK 1.4x, J2EE 1.4; Mercury WinRunner and LoadRunner; Sun/SeeBeyond e*Gate v4.5.4 & SRE; Fatwire Enterprise Content Server 6.3: Netscape iPlanet Server 4.1, RUP
Role: Lead Technical Consultant
- Design, install, configure and implement Partner and Customer Portal. The system utilizes BEA WebLogic Portal and Documentum Content Management system.
- Implement custom portal components including multiple desktops, books, pages and portlets.
- Utilize role based and user segment specific content to organize web campaigns and promotions.
- Develop Java Page Flows, JSPs and portal controls for navigation and content presentation.
- Create Delegated Administrators and Security policies for Portal administration.
- Leverage Mercury WinRunner and LoadRunner test tools to execute a suite of performance, load and stress tests.
- Deploy Junit java profiler tool. Identify system and application bottlenecks. Perform platform tuning and re-factoring. Significantly enhance system performance and improve system availability and stability.
- Assemble and administer portal.
- Integrate with Documentum Content Management System and Site Caching Services.
- Deliver training and mentoring to development staff.
Environment: BEA WebLogic Server (WLS) 8.1 SP4, BEA WebLogic Portal 8.1 SP4, JUnit, Documentum Web Publisher, Site Caching Services, Agile
Role: EAI Architect/Technical Manager
- Enhance, manage and support Eligibility and Claims transaction systems.
- Oversee Enterprise infrastructure & networks - maintenance of business, new initiatives and strategy, application architecture, analysis & design, application development, management, implementation & deployment.
- Evaluate, prototype and implement new generation of EDI ANSI X.12 and XML messaging architecture based on B2B “hub and spoke” model.
- The new infrastructure is based on multi-tier, distributed and scalable architecture that utilizes rules-based message routing using a channels-based publish-subscribe broker to transport events in a loosely-coupled manner.
- The IBM WMQ and Message Broker serve as the middleware enabling transaction management between disparate systems.
- The applications are distributed J2EE component based systems under the control of IBM WebSphere instances.
- The EAI and data validation and transformation is done using Vitria HIPAA validator and EDI adapters.
- Business Partner Integration and Business Process Workflows are managed utilizing BPM framework.
- Develop HIPAA transaction sets with detailed data maps and analysis for X12 set: 270, 271, 837, and 836.
Environment: IBM WebSphere Server 5.0, WebSphere Studio Application Developer (WSAD) 5.1 & 4.0, Sun Servers 480 & 880, SunFire 15K, Solaris, Java JDK 1.3, J2EE 1.3, RUP, Rational Enterprise Suite (Rose & UML, ClearCase, ClearQuest, RequisitePro); Oracle 8i, EDI, Vitria BusinessWare, HIPAA.
Role: Sr. Technical Consultant/Architect
- Evaluate existing E-Business frameworks, tools and infrastructure (IBM WebSphere stack).
- Interview stakeholders, users and technical teams, document findings, make recommendations.
- Present findings to senior directors and partners.
- Streamline eCommerce project development methodology and best practices.
- Implement lightweight RUP based project implementation methodology utilizing UML modeling, RUP artifacts and project templates.
Environment: IBM WebSphere Web and Commerce stack, Rational Unified Process (RUP) methodology.
Role: Technical Consultant
- Lead internal initiative to re-architect mortgage and loan originating system. The application had major stability and performance issues.
- Perform architecture assessment and provide recommendations resulting in major initiative to re-factor and re-engineer current application based of the IBM WebSphere 3.5.6 Application Server.
- Implement strategy for conversion to WebSphere 5.01 and WASD 5.0. The environment is n-tier MVC Java 2 Enterprise Edition based architecture of the clustered AIX nodes running JSPs, Servlets and EJBs.
- Implement a number of performance enhancements and re-factoring of the XML based Decision Engine based on Java XML Rules Engine, DOM and SAX document processing.
- Implement XML documents storage and retrieval with entity-relational schema using Oracle 9.2i, XMLType and XSU.
- Enhance the workload management strategy utilizing failover and load balancing across multiple distributed object servers in order to achieve higher throughput, load balancing and system availability.
- Assess systems’ capability (CMM), capacity and architecture, review organization development methodology, standards and best practices; make recommendations; present findings to departmental directors and sr. managers.
Environment: IBM WebSphere Server 5.0, 3.x, WebSphere Studio Application Developer (WSAD) 5.1 & 4.0, AIX, Java JDK 1.3, J2EE 1.3, RUP, Rational Rose & UML, XP, Agile, Apache Xerces and Oracle XML Parsers, Apache Xalan XSLT Transformer, DOM, SAX, DB2, Oracle 9i.
Role: Lead Technical Consultant
- Implement enterprise-level, multi-function n-tier b2b and b2c portal for internal users, vendors, customers and partners.
- Implement Business Delegates to reduce coupling between the web tier and EJB tier, developed the container managed Stateless Session EJBs to act as Session Façades. Implement Value Object pattern and DAO pattern.
- Implement data and document exchange for multiple vendors, customers and clients.
- Create workflows and manage business process with business partners. Utilize EDI, WLI, Apache Xerces Java XML Parser and Xalan Java XSLT transformer.
- Implement XP and Agile project development methodologies. System releases are based on frequent iterative and incremental development utilizing Use Case Analysis, UML Modeling using Class, Sequence and Collaboration Design diagrams, frequent code walkthroughs and refactoring, extensive load and regression testing.
- Integrate BEA WebLogic Portal and Commerce Server with existing application framework.
Environment: BEA WebLogic Server (WLS) 8.1 SP4, BEA WebLogic Portal & Integration (WLI) 8.1 SP4, BEA Workshop IDE, Agile, XP, UML.
Confidential, Chicago IL
Responsible for Professional Services consulting engagements’ technical architecture and leadership, customer mentoring, project management and delivery.
Role: Enterprise E-Commerce Architect
- Serve as a hands-on Enterprise Architect/Delivery Manager on a number of consulting engagements such as leading US Commercial Airline Website, On-line Trading System for the major US Investment Bank and others.
- Implement development, deployment and change control environments for Java JDK 1.2, WebLogic Server 5.1, iPlanet 4.1, Visual Café 3.1, Allaire HomeSite 4.5, PVCS 6.5, Sybase 11 and WebLoad 3.5.
- Create naming, coding and design standards and guidelines for Java and J2EE development.
- Perform iterative OO analysis and design tasks such as Use Case Analysis, Domain and Data Modeling, Class and Activity Diagrams, Design Patterns utilizing Rational Rose 2000, UML and RUP-like templates.
- Implement multi-tier MVC-like architecture utilizing J2EE components such as JSPs, Servlets, stateless Session EJBs, JMS, JDBC, JNDI, Connection Pools, IBM MQSeries and Sybase RDBMS.
- Use WebLoad tool to perform GUI, performance, fail-over and load testing.
- Estimate, plan, manage and track project's activities using lightweight RUP methodologies and templates.
- Custom-tailor the “J2EE Center Of Excellence” program that combines real project deliverables with class instructions and mentoring. Thus combining just-in-time training with project tasks in order to reduce time to market, cut costs and improve learning process.
- Mentor architect-in-training and developers on topics such as BEA WebLogic Server best practices, J2EE technologies (JSPs, Servlets, EJBs, JCA, JMS, JTS) and OO methodologies.
- Interview, hire and staff consulting engagements. Manage project plan and track progress. Implement performance reviews. Deliver continuous status and project reporting to project business owners and stakeholders.
Environment: BEA WebLogic Server (WLS) 6.0 & 6.1, BEA WLI 2.0, BEA Commerce & Personalization Server (WLCS/PS) 3.5, Solaris 8, WebGain 4.0, Java JDK 1.2, J2EE, XML, Apache Xerces XML Parser, Apache Xalan XSLT Transformer, RUP, Rational Rose 2000 & UML, Oracle 8i.
Confidential , Bannokburn IL
Responsible for providing technical leadership, strategy and planning leading Enterprise Architecture Group tasked up with developing company-wide Java and J2EE infrastructure and frameworks. Lead delivery of the Mail Order Pharmacy Automation/Replacement project and other business systems.
Role: Chief E-Commerce Architect
- Lead a group of eighteen architects, analysts and outside consultants responsible for implementation of Java based Infrastructure Framework (Capital project with budget of $2.6M).
- The framework includes externalization, security, reference data, exception and logging, persistence and communication components.
- Hands-on full lifecycle development activities include technical architecture, requirements analysis with use cases, design object domain, GUI and data modeling utilizing Rational Rose, UML and RUP, Java coding with code inspections, functional and performance test and reviews, code deployment, implementation and production roll out logistics.
- Serve as a liaison to the application teams and users to review and facilitate web and eCommerce based projects’ requirements, scope, architecture and application interfaces.
- Evaluate, select and implement most of infrastructure web technologies such as IBM RS/6000 servers, MQSeries, WebSphere Server, Visual Age for Java and UDB/DB2 RDBMS.
- Architect most of the company’s e-Business initiatives and services from definition through implementation.
- Lead an effort to develop all company’s e-business policies and procedures. Establish standards for Java, J2EE, HTML and Web. Spearhead a large-scale effort to develop and implement Java and Middle-Tier Project Development Methodologies, Templates and Processes.
- Collect, track and analyze statistics relative to site traffic, transaction volumes, loads and availability in order to determine system effectiveness and value.
- Develop and maintain E-Commerce vendor relationships with leading consulting and technology organizations.
- Conduct most of the selection and hiring tasks. Screen resumes, interview candidates, assemble team and conduct initial training and orientation.
- Make enterprise strategy and tactical project presentations to senior directors and CIO.
Environment: IBM RS/6000, IBM WebSphere 3.0, IBM HTTP Server, IBM Net. Commerce Suite 3.1. NT 4.0 Server & Workstations, AIX 4.2, MQSeries 5.1, IBM Visual Age for Java 3.0, Java JDK 1.1.7, J2EE, Rational Rose 98 & UML, IBM DB2/UDB 6.0
Role: Group Technical Manager
- Lead a group of fifteen staff programmers, analysts and outside consultants responsible for implementation of new Pharmacy Automation systems (Capital project with budget of $6.5M). The new system interfaces with IBM Legacy systems, Shipping and Manifesting system, Credit Card system and Baxter Optifill Order Fulfillment system.
- Manage the annual capital and expense budgets. Prepare capital projects RFP, complete cost/benefit analysis and implementation plans. Facilitate projects approval. Track projects costs and compliance with plan objectives.
- Serve as a hands-on technical and project lead responsible for overseeing all middle-tier based Java/J2EE and ‘C’ development tasks such as technical architecture based on IBM RS/6000, AIX, WebSphere Server, IBM HTTP Server, UDB/DB2, MQSeries, and J2EE (JSPs, Servlets, JDBC).
- Lead requirements analysis using Use Cases, high and detail level design and modeling using UML, OO Design Patterns and Rational Rose, construction utilizing tools such as IBM Visual Age for Java, functional and performance testing and roll out.
- The architecture is based on cross-platform (Legacy & AIX) and real-time inter-process communications of Java processes based on a set of queues utilizing IBM MQSeries implementation of JMS. Java socket programming and UDP based protocols are used for communicating to the Order Fulfillment system’s NT controller.
- Develop message routing logic that involves writing JMS based asynchronous listener MDBs and stateless session beans to decouple the business logic.
- Screen resumes, interview candidates, assemble team, conduct initial training and orientation. Direct reporting of project status to senior directors and business stakeholders.
- Implement HR related activities such as employees PMOs, skill appraisals and annual reviews. Devise and implement various career and personal development programs such as just-in-time technical training, pharmacy tours, cross-team skills sharing and consultant/employee mentoring.
Environment:IBM MQSeries 5.0, IBM Visual Age for Java 2.0, Java JDK 1.1.6,J2EE, IBM WebSphere 2.0, IBM HTTP Server, Rational Rose 98 & UML, IBM DB2/UDB 6.0, UNIX ‘C’, TCP/IP, UDP, OO Methodologies IBM RS/6000, NT 4.0 Servers & Workstations, Sun Enterprise Servers and UltraSPARC Workstations, AIX 4.1
Role: Technical Project Lead/Consultant
- Lead a team of seventeen staff analysts, programmers and outside consultants responsible for Shop Floor Automation, Voice Response and Mail Order systems.
- Serve as a hands-on technical consultant and project leader responsible for overseeing all new projects development and implementation such as credit card processing system, warehouse conveyor controller replacement, new label print system and others. All development is done on IBM RS/6000 and NT workstations utilizing IBM Visual Age for Java, WebSphere, Rational Rose, ‘C’ and MQSeries.
- Oversee and provide technical leadership supporting and maintaining existing enterprise systems.
Environment: IBM RS/6000, NT 4.0 Servers & Workstations, AIX 4.1, IBM MQSeries 3.0, IBM Visual Age for Java 2.0, Java JDK 1.1.4, IBM WebSphere 2.0, IBM HTTP Server, Rational Rose & UML, UNIX ‘C’, TCP/IP, UDP, OO Methodologies.